Hotel

dwarfbabe

For the Hilton it has always been payment at arrival. As far as I remember Family Rooms have not been covered by the con rate in the past though, it was only single, twins and doubles.

at least one person has reported quite recently being able to book a family room at con rate for the Twilight event at the same hotel next February. Whether they were lucky and the hotel made a mistake, or whether there are a very very limited number of family rooms at con rate perhaps unadvertised) is unclear.

Given the experiences of Twilight con-goers in booking hotel rooms at this hotel (i.e. only relatively small blocks of rooms are allocated at con rate, then they sell out, then ME have to authorise more being put up for sale at con rate, repeat every week or two, or sometimes even more frequently), it might be an idea to warn folks for this event in the hotel code announcement thread that this is likely to happen and not to panic if the hotel is shown as sold out at con rate quite quickly, and to keep checking for updates.

If you get a Family Room at con rate seems to be extremely depending on who of the staff you talk to. There are exceptions when attendees have been able to get the room, that is correct. But the general rule is "no", so I am rather not getting people's hopes up.

Also we always warn people about the possibility of the room allocation running out. But if you're excited sometimes your brain sometimes just loses that precious availability to read for a moment. :D

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

I hope to have a discount booking code for The Hilton by the end of this week. :blink:

PLEASE hold off on booking your rooms until the code is available as otherwise you will likely find yourself paying more and not being able to change it! :borg:

Thanks

Mark :borg:

• Showmasters Admin

what sort of price is the room with the code? do we need to book via phone and not online as its so far in advance?

The room should be £81.60 for a double occupancy and £69.60 for Single occupancy. This includes the amazing Hilton breakfast!!!! Mmmmmm! :YAHOO: I have to confirm the price though so please don't hold me to it! :D

And you will be able to book by phone or website. Just need to have the code which I have spoken to them about today and hope to have very soon! :YAHOO:

Mark :D

Really hope Hilton is better this time, when I was there for the Hub some of the staff were quite rude(Not all of them ofcourse but it's the rude ones you remember) and then there was a lot of confusion at checking in. I wanted to pay the room in full, just incase I did somthing stupid ans spent it at a auction lol. I was told I could only pay for the one night and then pay for the rest when leaving.

On the Sunday when my Key Card stopped working (again) I was told I wasn't aloud back in my room with out paying the full amount and a member of staff went with us to we got money to pay. When I explained what happened at check in the excuse was the woman that checked me in was pregnent lol

Got to admit Brekfast is awsome but if your on a budget I would advice taken some stuff with you as there is not alot around the hilton food wise. Hilton food is ok but we waited over 40 minutes just for chips and were told cause it's bussy. When you have talks/photo shoots to go to it's not much use.

The room should be £81.60 for a double occupancy and £69.60 for Single occupancy. This includes the amazing Hilton breakfast!!!! Mmmmmm! :angry: I have to confirm the price though so please don't hold me to it! :P

Is that per night? They offer single rooms now, which are cheaper.

:thumbup: Last time I was there if you stopped overnight you got a pass/token to get out of the car park, otherwise you pay at the machine. If you are lucky the barrier may even be up and you just leave.

• Moderators

If the number of rooms is taken up very quickly will there be more negotiated. It's just that I can't walk very far so I really need to get a room in the hotel.

In the past, yes more rooms have been negotiated when the initial block sold out. I can only assume it will be the case again.