we are sorry to have to tell you that Michel shanks has had to cancel

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we are sorry to have to tell you that Michel shanks has had to cancel this event

his film work as over run and he just cannot leave to attend the con

he is very sad that he could not be with you all and also join his wife at Chevron 7.5 which is something he really wanted to do .

he is sorry and very much looks forward to seeing you all at another Chevron in the future .

we are also very sorry about this but we do understand filming comes first and nothing can be done to avoid this , both mark and i have worked very hard over the last few hours to find some guest we feel you would all like to meet , this has been very hard and intense few hours but i think we have pulled it of for you all , we know that no one can replace Michel but i think who we have managed to get will make the event a really fun con for you all .

i hope you can see that we have done our best to make Chevron 7.5 a great event for you all even though we have had to lose Michel .

we wish Michel all the luck on the set and we will look after Lexa at the con

Jason ;)

I had this terrible feeling after teryl, this is turning into a well, you know and a very expensive weekend now 2 out of 3 main draws are out. Im very surprised lexa is still coming with Michael pulling out, very thankful to her for still coming.

having met michael already helps burden the disappointment for me, but still, bad times.

tony is a great guest though, glad he is coming.

can we please have michael and teryl at CML in a few weeks or the EMS in march??

• Showmasters Admin

we will have Michael and Teryl back very soon do not worry

you are right about lexa but she has wanted to come over for years , its just sad she will be on her own , but it shows how important it is to her to still attend .

thank you for understanding , mark and i have been running around like crazy people to pull this off , at least we have 6 guests now

it will still be a great show , see you all soon ;)

jason :unsure:

sorry you are right 6 guests :thumbup: its been a long day ;)

Thank you to those who have tried to make up for it, even at such notice I wasn't expecting anyone else to be announced. So three guests, even though they weren't the reason why I bought the tickets, are still nice and one way or another, I know I will have a blast this weekend (at the very least I can tell I have met David, Tony and Kavan, plus the others. It's only up to another time for Teryl and Michael I guess)

All the best to Michael & Teryl in their professionnal schedules and looking forward to see you all on Friday nonetheless

Mark, Jason. Haven't met you yet, but I can only imagine how you must have gone crazy running around trying to get things okay as much as possible. Thanks for the effort.

See you on Friday.

Edited by Hera

very disappointed that Michael and Teryl have both been cancelled despite having 3 good guest i wouldnt have paid the money for gold with the current guest list.

However i appreicate it was beyond showmasters control and that they have amazingly secured 3 more guests at such short notice.

Oh ffs! ;)

Thats the two main ones gone now. If Lexa goes now, i'll be beyond annoyed. :thumbup:

First last weekend which cost me money, now this one going downhill (for me personally)..Id only ordered stuff for Micheal to sign on monday too and paid for faster shipping to get it by friday, so yet again more money down the drain..

Yes 3 replacement guests are good, however ive met them all so many times, I have nothing left to get signed by them except yet more photos as there is no time now to source new items for them!

Think in future, I will definetly leave buying a ticket or anything until the very last possible moment, or even buy on the door as this is two weekends in a row now things have fallen apart for me :unsure:

Edited by crippsy_99

I'm so confused now. Start the day with 5 guests, lose 2, finish up with 6 :unsure:

Shame about Michael. Although he is a great guest I am very happy with the addition of David, Kavan, and Tony as I have never seen any of them at a proper convention before.

mark and i have been running around like crazy people to pull this off
For me - worth it - thank you!

having met michael already helps burden the disappointment for me, but still, bad times.
Burden? Surely you mean alleviate... :thumbup:

Possibly you meant bury which would make a bit more sense but I won't dig any further.

I'm so confused now. Start the day with 5 guests, lose 2, finish up with 6 :unsure:

Shame about Michael. Although he is a great guest I am very happy with the addition of David, Kavan, and Tony as I have never seen any of them at a proper convention before.

mark and i have been running around like crazy people to pull this off
For me - worth it - thank you!

Burden? Surely you mean alleviate... :thumbup:

Possibly you meant bury which would make a bit more sense but I won't dig any further.

i dont know what I mean, its been a long day filled with disappointment all round, though before i came back to the forum I did meet dolph lundgren which was nice.

, though im still certain burden works in that sentence, though I should of put helps alleviate the burden of disappointment , better?

I'm sorry for all the Michael Shanks fans. ;) I met him last weekend, so the cancellation is not a big deal for me personally. We talked about England. At that time he definitely thought he would be able to come.

I like all of the new guests. Have wanted to meet Kavan for a long time. :unsure:

Thanks showmasters for your effort. It must have been very tough at such short notice. Really appreciate this. :thumbup:

I am crushed!

He was my reason for coming! And so close to the event.

Right now I am not thinking very nice things about whoever scheduled him in a way that made for him impossible to come. Esp. if Smallville was the reason because I am sure they knew of his plans weeks ago

But thanks for getting some replacements

I can't say that I'm not sad .. cause I truly am.

Teryl and Micheal were the reason i bought the gold ticket.

I know that this is life and things happen and people have other commitments but I'm still a bit sad.

Even though you get them to some next event but for us who have to fly from somewhere else it's not that easy or cheap.

Anyway - Thanks for the great job with getting the replacements so fast. Wow that was some excellent job. Only one day before the event!

I'm sure we gonna have a blast no matter what.

Feeling majorly deflated after first Teryl having to cancel and now this? As with most others both she and Shanks were the reason I opted for gold.

But hats off to you guys for getting replacement guests so late.

At least Lexa'll still be there :D

Yesterday I was really upset to hear about Teryl cancelling then today Michael today, but when i saw the replacements it really cheered me up.

I've not met any of these guests attending now so I am now really looking forward to con, think its going to be real fun.

THANKYOU Mark & Jason - your stars in your own right for pulling this off so quickly hats off too you both.

:))))))))))

Having met Michael at Chevron 7, I'm a little disappointed, but not overly so. Shame about Teryl too, but as a (slightly) bigger fan of Atlantis than SG1, Kavan and David make up for it as far as I'm concerned! As Tony cancelled Chevron 7, it'll be great to finally meet him.

It's a Chevron event, it's gonna be ace no matter what. Been to 'em all and loved every minute!

Well done you guys!

Edited by jenab103