we are sorry to have to tell you that Michel shanks has had to cancel

showmasters

Trust me, that was about the last thing I needed to hear when I came to TooTall's place last night after having been on my feet for almost 30 hours.

Too bad. That really must have come out of the blue. Like silvercomet I just have been joking with him a couple of days ago about meeting him on Friday.

But on the bright side: yay for Kavan Smith! :D

*ffs* Oh God, I am so disappointed. Michael was the only reason me and my daughter booked the con.

She was really looking forward to meeting him, she even made him a birthday card. I dont know how to tell her now.

And I thought I'd be brave enough to try con's again. maybe someone is trying to tell me I shouldnt have.

*gutted* I can't even..

I had a feeling work commitments would mix with this con you know. and with only 2 days notice. *sigh* that's why I checked the forum to make sure if everything was ok after Teryl Cancelled at short notice too.

but work comes first I know.

we will have Michael and Teryl back very soon do not worry

you are right about lexa but she has wanted to come over for years , its just sad she will be on her own , but it shows how important it is to her to still attend .

thank you for understanding , mark and i have been running around like crazy people to pull this off , at least we have 6 guests now

it will still be a great show , see you all soon ;)

jason ;)

sorry you are right 6 guests :P its been a long day ;)

Aww, I want to thank you for working really hard to find more guests for us. I had my cry about everything and now after taking several deep breaths I feel more positive (not much, but hey.) It will be lovely meeting Lexa again ( I hope she still arrives ) after all these years and maybe my daughter can give her the card instead! I only want my girl to enjoy herself at her very first con. Still gutted tho tbh. but thankful for your promptness in bring the guests over at such short notice. (just remind me to do the evil glare thing at those responsible for making the filming run over ;) )kidding.. :(

Edited by Space

• Moderators

*ffs* Oh God, I am so disappointed. Michael was the only reason me and my daughter booked the con.

She was really looking forward to meeting him, she even made him a birthday card. I dont know how to tell her now.

And I thought I'd be brave enough to try con's again. maybe someone is trying to tell me I shouldnt have.

*gutted* I can't even..

I had a feeling work commitments would mix with this con you know. and with only 2 days notice. *sigh* that's why I checked the forum to make sure if everything was ok after Teryl Cancelled at short notice too.

but work comes first I know.

It is really unfortunate :P

Sadly booking for a single guest is always going to be risky.

It is really unfortunate :P

Sadly booking for a single guest is always going to be risky.

Yeah, I know..But on the plus side, it's her first con, and she is way excited by it. telling everyone at school and everything! So, for me, the weekend is about her. Last time I went to a con was before she was born, 6 years ago. It's time for her to start being part of it all I think and I really want to go to the next Chevron con, but I have to see how much it will be as this one set me back a lot aswell as the hotel fee that had to paid upfront... But I will start saving straight after christmas for the tickets and hotel.. depends what guests are being invited too! (big hint guys!!)

See you guys tomorrow!

I'll be the one who is trying not to look stressed chasing my errant daughter all over the hotel asking her to stick to me like superglue!

:)

Oh.. btw, we would love to give Lexa a (((big hug))) from us both as a thank you for still going (hopefully) over the weekend when we get the chance to.

It will be fun! its the people that make it fun just as much as the guests!

((( Big squishy hugs to the guys arranging it all for us too! )))

xx

Edited by Space

I just learned cancellation news, it was posted at something-past 11 last night but I only read the site page when I returned home from work this evening.

Everything is non-refundable so I feel kind of obligated to go but I have decided not to attend a con before (I think was also a Chevron con) despite having paid for everything and again was non-refundable.

I would like to meet LD but if she cancelled by tomorrow I can't think of anything to interest me all weekend to be there. No offense intended to the actors; I'm sure they are great guests but I didn't watch ATL TV show.

I'll have to seriously think about this tonight.

Michael was the only reason me and my daughter booked the con.

It will be lovely meeting Lexa again ( I hope she still arrives ) after all these years and maybe my daughter can give her the card instead!

I was also planning on giving Michael a card and little gift this weekend for his birthday. So hopefully yes, we can give them to Lexa to pass on for us. I'm sure he'd appreciate the thought and effort. Especially from your daughter who made it herself :P

Had a long and hard think about it and figured it would be better for Lexa to pass it onto him rather than wait around for the next con he attends, when it'd no doubt be way past his birthday (unless he attends CML!)

Edited by pamela86

Jason - thank you!! if there is a Thorntons chocolate shop nearby, I'll buy you some viennese truffles!!

I can go to sleep now.. been on an off online here since the cancelations, double checking every few hours.

Night night - see you tomorrow!