on The Vault: True Blood cast and Truebies meet at UK Bitten Conventio

Shadaliza

Or you could have been like some people who ignored the 'no videoing' comments and carried on anyway - there were a bunch of them on Monday morning in the watching what they'd taken.

And then people wonder why organisers get to the point of banning cameras altogether....

Or you could have been like some people who ignored the 'no videoing' comments and carried on anyway - there were a bunch of them on Monday morning in the watching what they'd taken.

And then people wonder why organisers get to the point of banning cameras altogether....

Ive never felt compelled to film the guests at any event Ive been to, meeting them and photos with them is lovely and Id never want to invade their space or privacy like that, its a shame :D

Indeed. There's always a number of people who think the rules don't apply to them and don't appreciate how this jeopardizes things for the majority at future cons. Yes, I'd love to record the talks so I can remember what was said, as a lot of it was hilarious, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

(p.s. not a comment directed at Shadaliza, just those who videoed the talks when it was clearly stated on multiple occasions that this was not allowed.)

Edited by CosmicAvatar

I did not record the talks, I recorded part of the openings ceremony. That is not the same thing.

As stated in the folder:

"No filming or sound recordings of the talks are allowed."

I filmed the openings ceremony.

I do not appreciate your tone, Sazzra

Edited by Shadaliza

• Showmasters Admin

Shadaliza,

Firstly great article :D

Secondly, I don't believe Sazzra's comment was directed at you. The recording of talks has been a long running issue on the boards.

It's an interesting one and you're right we don't specifically say not to video the opening ceremony. If I'm honest it's because when I wrote those rules I was kind of including the opening ceremony as a "talk".

But that's not clear and so I'm not saying you broke any rules, just that maybe we need to re-look at them and make them clearer.

I'll have to talk this over with the office and see if it needs to be enforced and if it is, it'll need to be made clearer.

Stuart.

Judging by your name you are the tall guy who coordinated? We spoke briefly.

I am sorry if I did something wrong. But there are no video moments at all scheduled and as a reporter for my website I really wanted to include at least something. The video gives a good impression of what the event was like and is good promotional material.

I don't know anything about legal issues of course, but good promotion was one of the things that could have been picked up better by the organization. I discussed this also with Mark and Jason. I run one of the biggest international websites, I offered my services but that was not followed up upon.

• Showmasters Admin

Indeed that is me :D

You're right the video does enhance the story.

Please, you did nothing wrong. It's far from clear (even to me who wrote the rules down) if it should be allowed, so please don't worry about that :D

It's just raised it as something I'll need to discuss with Mark and Jason.

Shad, people Ive spoken to have loved the fact that you have the opening ceremony for us to watch, its nice to be able to re look at it and remember how excellent our weekend was. Its a shame that others didnt get permission and completely ignored the no recording rule. :WINCE: