Cosplay

ooh Ramona! Wicked! I have a few Scott Pilgrim costumes I could do if you wanted some pics on sunday? I have his 1st, 3rd/4th and 5th/6th fight costumes :)

I found a decent pistol on a bb website. Ebay had nothing toy-wise. �15 is pretty good.

I found somewhere that sells the charms for it too :D

Awesome! I am working on her delivery girl costume and the one she wears for Lucas Lee (2nd fight)

I have looked everywhere for this bloomin pistol! Cheapest I can find is $115 which seems way too much. I have found the charms on Etsy but think it will be cheaper to try make my own, not that I have any experience in that, I might just have to draw them on a piece of cardboard and dangle them from the end =p

Wait, when does Ramona have a pistol? Sounds like a great costume though.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey hey hey!

Yes, this be the Vamp's gf. Just to say OMG SuckerPunch! Just seen it, and going to me very local fabric shop tomorrow to sort out my Rocket costume!

So I guess plans change again xD

I would love VampRouge to cosplay Madame Gorski, but that would be difficult with her Jessica Rabbit or Batwoman, since they require certain makeup/hair. Bit too much of a hassle to change during the day.

P.s Could we do a group masquerade together do you think? That would be epic!

ooh Ramona! Wicked! I have a few Scott Pilgrim costumes I could do if you wanted some pics on sunday? I have his 1st, 3rd/4th and 5th/6th fight costumes :)

I found a decent pistol on a bb website. Ebay had nothing toy-wise. �15 is pretty good.

I found somewhere that sells the charms for it too :WINCE:

Awesome! I am working on her delivery girl costume and the one she wears for Lucas Lee (2nd fight)

I have looked everywhere for this bloomin pistol! Cheapest I can find is $115 which seems way too much. I have found the charms on Etsy but think it will be cheaper to try make my own, not that I have any experience in that, I might just have to draw them on a piece of cardboard and dangle them from the end =p

Wait, when does Ramona have a pistol? Sounds like a great costume though.

Haha she doesn't I'm afraid =p That was in reference to another costume. Would be a whole different but awesome story if she did hehe.

Hey hey hey!

Yes, this be the Vamp's gf. Just to say OMG SuckerPunch! Just seen it, and going to me very local fabric shop tomorrow to sort out my Rocket costume!

I would love VampRouge to cosplay Madame Gorski, but that would be difficult with her Jessica Rabbit or Batwoman, since they require certain makeup/hair. Bit too much of a hassle to change during the day.

oh wow! rocket has the best outfit in my opinion.. that's gonna be a mission and a half! will look so great though omg:) must get a picture with you :dance:

Hey hey hey!

oh wow! rocket has the best outfit in my opinion.. that's gonna be a mission and a half! will look so great though omg:) must get a picture with you :D

Heeeee and you shall! I even practiced a little of her makeup last night for a laugh. Went pretty well. Now just to decide whether to use my own hair (which is auburn and stupidly thick) or get a wig and style...

Hmmm.

I really need to get my girlfriend to sign up to the forums so she can post on her own username. :-P

So yep, we saw Sucker Punch the other night. Lots of people I know were disappointed by it and I can see why as some things could have been done differently but it is a very pretty film with some cool characters. Anyway, this isn't a movie review thread. :D

We both liked Rocket from the promo images but right after film my girl decided that while it's going to be difficult (esp since this'll be her first real cosplay) it's worth it. I'm starting to really look forward to the challenge of helping her with it.

With the amount of people cosplaying Sucker Punch already I am very tempted to do so myself but the only person I think I'd suit (plus she's sexah) is Madame Gorski. But as my girlfriend previous mentioned, I'm set on doing Jessica Rabbit and Batwoman (I've already said I'd do that one on the sat) so changing for a little shoot might be too much hassle. I'll probably just take pictures.

And I agree, she should use her own hair. It'll take a lot of product but it'll work.

oh my god you would be excellent as madam gorski! she is very sexy aha! you could use similar hair and makeup as jessica rabbit?(with a few minor changes + outfit obvs) that could work...

yes, use gel and a hairdryer to set it hard and fast, should be fine :)

Okay so one of my costumes has changed :D i am still doing tangled rapunzel.

But i am working on babydoll from suckerpunch instead of aurora :clap: really excited about this costume just got a question im gonna try to do a replica of her gun...just checking can we bring airsorf/bb guns ? i want to paint it silver like babydolls with the detail along but would i have to leave the end orange to prove its fake? not sure never cosplayed a character with weapons :help:

and im guessing the sword would have to be wooden?

My Babydoll really isnt going well, and I think with the amount of them now at LFCC I'll just look even worse compared to the rest of you.

I quit. I'll stick to something else that suits me better. Luckily I have a friend who's doing her later in the year so she can buy my stuff off me hopefully.

:help:

Okay so one of my costumes has changed :clap: i am still doing tangled rapunzel.

But i am working on babydoll from suckerpunch instead of aurora :help: really excited about this costume just got a question im gonna try to do a replica of her gun...just checking can we bring airsorf/bb guns ? i want to paint it silver like babydolls with the detail along but would i have to leave the end orange to prove its fake? not sure never cosplayed a character with weapons :help:

Not sure re the bbguns but the link to the full weapons rules can be found here:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=49064

1. WEAPONS/PROPS & CONDUCT

All weapons and props should be brought to the cosplay desk upon arrival at an event to be checked by the organiser, even if you are not participating in any cosplay events. This is to prevent anyone wandering around with anything potentially dangerous.

Weapons and props should be no longer than 5ft (1.5m) to be carried around - anything longer than this can be stored at the cosplay desk at your own risk until the masquerade. They should be constructed of foam, plastic, balsa wood, cardboard or other lightweight materials. They should have no sharp edges and any dangerous things removed.

Wooden or other solid (LEGAL) replica weapons must be peace-bonded (unable to be drawn).

Just out of interest, as there are obviously quite a few of us going in certain groups/classes of costume, any one going in BSG kit?

Edited by Starbuck's dad

aw yey another babydoll :)

i emailed the people (lol) and she said BB guns are fine..i think. maybe you should email again and check.

what?! so swords and guns cant be drawn? like you cant even pose with them? ugh... well maybe they wont see me :dance:

My Babydoll really isnt going well, and I think with the amount of them now at LFCC I'll just look even worse compared to the rest of you.

I quit. I'll stick to something else that suits me better. Luckily I have a friend who's doing her later in the year so she can buy my stuff off me hopefully.

:dance:

Nooooooo! Don't quit! :-(

But you lot are going to look great and suit the costumes.

I knew doing it as a crossplay would be rather funny but I thought I'd at least be able to get the costume looking ok. But no, I bit off more than I could chew really (thats how little costume making ability I have, the simplest of the SP costumes eludes me)

I'll think of something else, maybe do Rocket (my original choice) next year and get some help with it.

i emailed the people (lol) and she said BB guns are fine..i think. maybe you should email again and check.

what?! so swords and guns cant be drawn? like you cant even pose with them? ugh... well maybe they wont see me :P

Oh, they will... ;)

Okay so one of my costumes has changed ;) i am still doing tangled rapunzel.

But i am working on babydoll from suckerpunch instead of aurora :blush: really excited about this costume just got a question im gonna try to do a replica of her gun...just checking can we bring airsorf/bb guns ? i want to paint it silver like babydolls with the detail along but would i have to leave the end orange to prove its fake? not sure never cosplayed a character with weapons :help:

Lol Jem that's what I was wondering, my sword is wooden so hoping that it is ok!

Noo don't give up Beatrix, you have already done so much.

No I'd bought so much, not really done anything for it.

Friend Lisa is doing it for October though so I said she can have the stuff at low cost hehe.

And, I still wanted to paint the pistol and do the designs on it, so I'll do that for her :)

I'll wait till I can properly put Rocket together for next years LFCC.

And, I still wanted to paint the pistol and do the designs on it, so I'll do that for her :)

Aww that's nice :) Although she already bought a pistol and stuff so I don't know if she'll want to buy another one? Sad to hear you're not doing it any more, but I'm sure you'll come up with something else great in it's place!

Well I thought about it today, and if I get some help I'll be able to do it :)

I wont look amazing or anything, but people have convinced me I should give it a go still.

And Lisa can still use the holster and Pistol when she does it later in the year hehe

what?! so swords and guns cant be drawn? like you cant even pose with them? ugh... well maybe they wont see me :D

Oh, they will... :(

okay so for my babydoll cosplay, i have a gun and sword. they are not functioning weapons (obviously). what would i have to do to be allowed to have them, just not take them out of the holsters?....

if the 'weapons' are not functioning weapons i.e wooden sword or fake gun surely we can pose with them?

i get that we have them checked at the cosplay desk to avoid any potential accidents if people had real weapons

Also any babydolls having any luck with the gun holster? its the only item im having trouble with :headscratch:

but other than that i have ordered the 'gun' not real of course gonna start to put the detail on it as soon as it arrives *damn holidays*

Also which day are people planning babydoll cosplay for? i want pics ;)

Edited by Jemma

Well I thought about it today, and if I get some help I'll be able to do it :)

I wont look amazing or anything, but people have convinced me I should give it a go still.

And Lisa can still use the holster and Pistol when she does it later in the year hehe

Glad your still doing the costume cant wait to see it :headscratch: