Cosplay

So I figured might as well start with ideas even if it is a year away. :lol:

I will hopefully be doing a custom costume, that is for once I actually manage to cosplay.

Anyone else?

Charlo

Edit: Link to the main Cosplay section of the forum http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=53

Edited by 1of2

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, seeing as the costumes this year seriously impressed and made me feel very competitive for next year, i am trying to make myself a cardassian costume. i need help though, i was reading this blog where a girl used special foam and latex and stuff to make her cardassian face but i need to know where i can buy this stuff, can someone please help? any links for me?

this will not be my only costume though, thanks to this convention i started watching doctor who for the first time ever, i want to be one of the gas mask people, i will be going as one of the gas mask nurses, that should be a stuffy one lol!

well, seeing as the costumes this year seriously impressed and made me feel very competitive for next year, i am trying to make myself a cardassian costume. i need help though, i was reading this blog where a girl used special foam and latex and stuff to make her cardassian face but i need to know where i can buy this stuff, can someone please help? any links for me?

this will not be my only costume though, thanks to this convention i started watching doctor who for the first time ever, i want to be one of the gas mask people, i will be going as one of the gas mask nurses, that should be a stuffy one lol!

oooo my mate wants to do one of those gas mask characthers...

Im cospalying as the 9th Dr next year lol

It's a longggg way away, but I will likely be Kissogram!Amy Pond and other Pond outfits all weekend. :) Loved cosplaying Pond this year so it seems likely that I shall do it again next year. Hopefully with some new series costumes! :thumbup:

(There is a mini-image of me as Hungry Earth!Pond on my profile from LFCC 2010)

It's a longggg way away, but I will likely be Kissogram!Amy Pond and other Pond outfits all weekend. :) Loved cosplaying Pond this year so it seems likely that I shall do it again next year. Hopefully with some new series costumes! :thumbup:

Well Im deffo doing the 9th Dr and trying to rope a mate into being my Rose...

Then I think Im going to go and do a Stargate uniform on another day!!! But where can I get props eetc!!!

It's a longggg way away, but I will likely be Kissogram!Amy Pond and other Pond outfits all weekend. :) Loved cosplaying Pond this year so it seems likely that I shall do it again next year. Hopefully with some new series costumes! :(

Then I think Im going to go and do a Stargate uniform on another day!!! But where can I get props eetc!!!

Yay! 9th Dr is sadly neglected in my opinion, everyone tends to do 10/11. :thumbup:

Unfortunately I can't help you with the Stargate props tho. :D

It's a longggg way away, but I will likely be Kissogram!Amy Pond and other Pond outfits all weekend. :) Loved cosplaying Pond this year so it seems likely that I shall do it again next year. Hopefully with some new series costumes! :P

Yay! 9th Dr is sadly neglected in my opinion, everyone tends to do 10/11. ;)

Unfortunately I can't help you with the Stargate props tho. :(

I agree there... I so want to do a stargate outfit too but cant find the weapons or anything for it as I want to do a Go-auld... grrrr

oooo my mate wants to do one of those gas mask characthers...

Im cospalying as the 9th Dr next year lol

ah cool! correct me if i am wrong but thats the one who actually fights the gas mask people yes? in the leather jacket, still new to doctor who. as for the nurse costume thing i am still looking for a good costume making to make it for me, i found a place for my gask mask and even tried one on at this military show in cork, wah its so hard to breath in them! but it will look kick ass lol

• 1 month later...

Last year was our first Comic Con and we found the costumes, and the attention to detail, astounding. My daughter is already making her two costumes (after a very rapid putting together of a Starbuck outfit last time out).

At the moment she's working on a Lara Croft and a, er, ahem Bill Adama (she's nine, it's complicated).

However, for those you enjoy the Cosplay thought you guys might quite enjoy this (it's a song about Cosplay!)

http://www.thefump.com/fump.php?id=1339

Have fun and see you next year!

Edited by Starbuck's dad

Which Lara is she going to be doing? I may be able to help you with that one.

Crikey, that's awfully kind of you.

Still debating at the moment but the favourite at the moment seems to be the classic look from the original and "Anniversary". Shorts and boots won't be a problem, not too sure what material we should use for the top though. We've seen some ideas on how to do the holsters but scaling it down might be, er, interesting. ^_^

Any ideas gratefully received.

I always say I'll be Lara one day, but I've been saying that since I was ten and I haven't done it yet ^_^

Maybe for the 13th anniversary of me saying it (ie. my 23rd birthday), I should get round to it. I want to do the Nevada one though - I'd much prefer to wear trousers!

Which Lara is she going to be doing? I may be able to help you with that one.

Crikey, that's awfully kind of you.

Still debating at the moment but the favourite at the moment seems to be the classic look from the original and "Anniversary". Shorts and boots won't be a problem, not too sure what material we should use for the top though. We've seen some ideas on how to do the holsters but scaling it down might be, er, interesting. ;)

Any ideas gratefully received.

Since she's so young maybe go for what I originally used which was a lytard from a dance shop. It was actually for Anniversary Lara but I could never find one exactly the same so it IS slightly different :D:

17039_442446090108_887575108_10675117_5964685_n.jpg

We just used pleather for the holsters, we found a tutorial on a Tomb Raider cosplay site haha. The buckle is just clay.

I use a latex top thesee days but obviously your daughters only wee so that'd be a no go lol.

17039_442446080108_887575108_10675116_6458666_n.jpg

I always say I'll be Lara one day, but I've been saying that since I was ten and I haven't done it yet :(

Maybe for the 13th anniversary of me saying it (ie. my 23rd birthday), I should get round to it. I want to do the Nevada one though - I'd much prefer to wear trousers!

Do it. I'll break out South Pacific (along with a crash diet lmao).

We'd be so hot.

dat_ass.jpg

Many thanks for the ideas and for sharing the pics.

Leotard! Of course, super idea I hadn't thought of that (and you're right, latex might not be the thing at the moment!). I'll see if it passes her quality control :D (and I'm sorta serious here - for her BSG blues she's busy trying to track down authentic buttons. Buttons! ;) )

Thanks for the tip re the cosplay site - just found it (I think) most useful.

ejsl.jpg

..and with her hero (who was really sweet to her)

ejs2.jpg

Edited by Starbuck's dad