Just seen Eclipse.... *spoilers*

BeckiUK

I loved eclipse - my favourite movie yet by far!

There was a lot more dialogue from the Cullens and the wolves, which I was really pleased with, and Bella and Edward seemed more like a couple. This is the first of the twilight movies where I can honestly say I felt like it did the book justice :)

The only disappointing thing was Bryce as Victoria, it just wasn't right :'(

I have to watch it again before I make my mind up. To be completely honest, I was quite disappointed as pretty much the majority of my favourite scenes / lines from the book were left out :/

And, I don't think I'm allowed mention them here because they might be spoilers that they're not in it - and I don't know how to make my font white, lol.

But yeah. Nowhere near as good as New Moon in my opinion though far better than Twilight - for me, that wouldn't take much though!!

Tension between Bella & Jake was pretty awesome; Edward still let me down in some areas though the tent scene - as predicted by 'Esme' - was pretty good alright!

Definitely some good moments in that movie, and the 'dark uglier' side was very well portrayed - Rosalie's story was quite heartbreaking and then terrifying at the end lol!

I'll return to this thread when we can discuss what happened in hte movie :)

Oh really? Hrmm.

Tbh, if test audiences had anything ot complain about i would have thought it would be the scenes in Rosalies story! I was a little taken aback at that section -not saying what was shown-

Oh really? Hrmm.

Tbh, if test audiences had anything ot complain about i would have thought it would be the scenes in Rosalies story! I was a little taken aback at that section -not saying what was shown-

I actually wanted them to show more tbh...esp at the end of the scene. It seemed like such a short flashback.

Now we'll never get to know more about Emmett becoming a vampire =( Would have made my life if theyd had a scene where Rosalie found him and they showed him being turned.

Ok so the font is white but I can still read it! Mods - feel free to delete if you feel its a spoiler!

xxxx

Saw Eclipse at midnight on Fri/Sat and again last night.

I LOVED IT

Eclipse is my least favorite of the books. Although I'm not sure why as there are so many individual bits that I love about it but i don't love it overall. But this I'm going to say is my favorite film so far. I felt that it remained much closer to than book than the others, with more direct quotes. There are a couple of scenes that I would have liked to have seen that weren't there and others I would have liked extended. But overall I thought it was pretty awesome, and very funny.

Hope that hasn't spoiled it for anyone! Now hoping I can get a sitter for next week so hubby can come and watch it with me!

This is a thread to talk about it so stop all filling it with "sorry if its a spoiler" :WINCE: if people read it an whinge its their problem cause the title already states there are spoilers so stop worrying about it an talk about it :D

Ok im peeved they cut out my favourite quote(in sig) hmphhh how dare they its funnny :o:WINCE:

I loved it though, although the love scenes did make me squirm, so cringeworthy haha

Bryce wasnt as good as Rachelle wouldve been but hey ho :thumbup:

Where was Emmett's backstory ;) Gutted they missed that out. Rosalie's was done perfectly, Jaspers was done a little quickly, Kinda jumpy in some places but man he looked fiiiiiiiiiiine in the hot texas sun!

I loved everything else, I'm not sure how I feel about the vampires being compared to 'ice' so literally... I get they couldnt show to much blood but inside of the vampires skin and tissue, where is the blood? I don't really like how that was done.

Rob and Kristen have such amazing chemisty, the proposal scene was my fav, hot! Hope Rose/Emm finally have a kiss in Breaking Dawn since every other Cullen has now :borg: Can't wait for Breaking Dawn.. and its over a year away

Loved Eclipse. Slow to start with and got a tad confused when the story was out of sync with the book. It's my favourite book and I'm glad to say the film is my fave too.

Rosalies backflash was good but I would liked to have seen Carlisle finding her (maybe a bit gruesome for a 12A cert)

Love EMMETT big time so would have been nice for his story too but I get that it can't all be fit into 2 hours. Did think it was great to have more of him in it this time, he's rather funny.

Jasper, one word for him "Phwoar". He was amazing, so cute & mysterious looking, grrrr..... Him & Alice are sooooo cute together.

Bryce isn't a patch on Rachelle, nothing personal I think we'd just all grown with Rachelle and she made Victoria much scarier than Bryce.

Xavier again "PHWOAR", seems a pity he is only in Eclipse coz he is one hot tottie. Met him at the Premier, what a genuinely nice bloke and very, very, very sexy. Watch out RPatz I say.

Wolves were great. My friend really took an instant dislike to Leah but I actually feel so sorry for her so I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt this time :D

Saw the film twice now and can't wait until the official release next week so I can drag hubby along. He's actually looking forward to it but won't admit it infront of his mates lol

Okay then, if I'm allowed talk about it :D

#1 As someone else said, the fact that they were literally made of ice? Except well I thought it was glass, LOL! Didn't like that at all. I don't recall, from when they killed James, hearing ice shatter and stuff - thought it was a little ... almost tacky? :/

#2 As someone else said, "Go fetch a space heater! I'm not a Saint Bernard" was one quote I was gutted about not being in there! Another was "Fall down again Bella?" from Emmett - I can't believe they edited it :P Also, would have liked Bella to look smug / annoyed in her response as opposed to the usual 'submissive' way of talking.

#3 Imprinting scene was brilliant - no crits there!

#4 The scene after Victoria... eh, what happened to Edward being all apologetic for terrifying Bella only to find out she was only scared for his safety?! I can't BELIEVE that was cut - think it's what I'm angriest about!!

Xavier was amazing, definitely a good choice for that role, although Channing would also have been pretty durn perfect, but nope, loved Xavier. Jasper's backstory was awesome; he looked handsome, and I've never really seen the attraction in him before. Emmett looked huge and bulky and intimidating - excellent, and his 'fracas' with Paul at the start, and then their work in the battle was very well done. I like Leah, looking forward to her at ET5 now actually! Especially at the end, my heart really went out her.

Where was Emmett's backstory :D Gutted they missed that out. Rosalie's was done perfectly, Jaspers was done a little quickly, Kinda jumpy in some places but man he looked fiiiiiiiiiiine in the hot texas sun!

Hope Rose/Emm finally have a kiss in Breaking Dawn since every other Cullen has now :lol:

Agreeeee so much!! I dont think theyll have a chance to talk about Emmetts story now as it was only really linked to Rosalie. Just a couple more lines would have done it altho I would have LOVED if theyd shown her finding him etc.

Yesss, they need a kiss scene too! Maybe when theyre talking about destroying houses in BD?! :lol:

If they cut Emmett and Bellas arm wrestle out theres gonna be hell to pay!

The way the vampires "break" I've always thought was supposed to be like marble and the way that would smash. Probs coz thats how Bella always describes Edward as being like marble. I like the way its been done....esp in NM when Edwards face cracks in the fight with Felix.

xxxx

Xavierrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :D

I really missed Rachelle as Victoria :angry:!

Some funny parts with Bella and Charlie :YAHOO:

Not too sure how I felt about julia jones as leah....maybe she'll grow on me a bit more after I watch it again.

Loved the jasper/alice moments....cute!

Overall I loooved it though! Better than I expected :D

(hope that doesn't count as spoilers? :S!)

They were all my fave bits. All of the A&J moments <3 :YAHOO:

sooo cute :YAHOO: