Bring back the Bewley!

Olivia-Ann

He's way better than a load of the big guests people are desperate to meet.

To be fair, as a lot of the 'big guests' haven't been yet, no one can make a judgement on who is 'better' than them.

Not in a convention appearance kinda way anyway.

I wont name names for certain reasons but some 'bigger' guests who people pipe on have been crap compared to some of the not so big guests ala bewley, cudmore etc...

Just a personal opinion though :wub:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ack! Sorry, but I have to say I dont think the ET cons or indeed any of the cons have had any crap guests!

All guests appeal to different people, sometimes they appeal to everyone!

Sorry, just think thats a bit of an unfair statement :P A little bit insulting to past guests too!

Edited by Rhianydd

Repeat guests are brilliant for people that missed them the first time round but not so much for people who didn't! And presumably people are always going to be looking out for their own interests - people who missed the guest aren't going to say oh no we cant have a repeat because that's not fair on people who have already met them and vice versa.

Charlie is a bit like marmite - Would be brilliant to get him for a signing event where those that love him can get autographs to their hearts content and those who don't can avoid interaction.

For me, a repeat guest feels like i'm getting less for my money because it's a repeat autograph and photoshoot. And a guest that is repeated for the third time (as Charlie would be if he attended et5) is worse value still.

I agree with Rhi's point that its good if you want to start a new wolf of volturi poster and get all of them on one sheet - personally I would be too frightened as there is no guarantee that they will all come back (we may have scared some of them off for good :D) and then the blank spaces would drive me crazy. Plus if this is important to you, you would pay for the autograph at a signing event rather than waiting for it to be included in a weekend con!

I have to say there loads more other guests that can be annouced and he has been to two full conventions now lets give the other guys a chance and like Katie said it nice meeting new guests as always but yeah he is a bit like marmite. I know there are lot of bewliers now but im sure he will be making apperences elsewhere.

• Moderators

I'm the kinda person that if I'm a fan of something, I quite want my collection to be as expansive as possible - like Heroes for example, I've met over 25 different guests from that, and I'm really happy with my collection. We had many different guests in each Heroes con lineup, and some fantastic personalities.

I always felt like I was getting more value for money when I was getting new people every time, as I'm not a huge autograph 'collector' and I don't particularly like multiple items signed by the same person etc.

It has been proven time and again at many different ME cons that preconceptions of potential guests can be completely and utterly wrong. No one knows how good or bad they can be until they get on that stage and are given a chance. I don't remember many people being overly excited for Christopher but he ended up being one of the highlights, and he's not the only guest to win people over in the end.

I'm a big believer in an organiser trying to keep events as fresh as possible. I think an appearance at a signing event and a convention in a short space of time is enough for any guest.

I see attendees who ONLY want Charlie or ONLY want Kellan or something, and to be honest these conventions aren't for them. They're Twilight cons, not Bewley cons or anything like that. And I don't mean that in a rude way, but when people have such specific 'wants' from an event they're going to end up disappointed more often than not. It's great if some are willing to pay hundreds every few months to see the same guest, but I know I wouldn't and I know a good amount of people feel the same.

Wouldnt go as far as to say id burn my ticket, but i wouldnt be as thrilled...a nice suprise but thats as far as it goes. Loved having him at con's but would love to meet others from twilight :P

(although im a lil bit biased with wanting repeat guests... *cough* jamie *cough* but he wasnt there the WHOLE weekend so its different ;) )

I always felt like I was getting more value for money when I was getting new people every time, as I'm not a huge autograph 'collector' and I don't particularly like multiple items signed by the same person etc.

I'm a big believer in an organiser trying to keep events as fresh as possible. I think an appearance at a signing event and a convention in a short space of time is enough for any guest.

/quote]

I seemed to remember saying I wanted New guests not the same old ones and you wrote on here that not everyone has been to events and deserves a chance.

Even though, he has been to a signing and a convention, I for one have still not met him - don't I desrve a chance to see him?

• Moderators

I seemed to remember saying I wanted New guests not the same old ones and you wrote on here that not everyone has been to events and deserves a chance.

Even though, he has been to a signing and a convention, I for one have still not met him - don't I desrve a chance to see him?

He hasn't been to a signing event. He's been to two conventions, and he cancelled the signing event.

If he were to come back, it should be at a signing event. So yeah, please don't misquote me :P

Some of us have never met him and would like the chance of meeting him!

He hasn't been to a signing event. He's been to two conventions, and he cancelled the signing event.

If he were to come back, it should be at a signing event. So yeah, please don't misquote me ;)

At the time, it wasn't to do with Twilight, it was to do with the Torchwood event.

You dont attend Twilight events so why do you feel the need to interupt the discussion?!

Surely there are threads in the hub section where you could discuss Torchwood events?

Yes there are but its a free country and this forum is here for ALL people to give their opinions!

• Moderators

Yes there are but its a free country and this forum is here for ALL people to give their opinions!

Yes, but your 'opinion' didn't seem to be anything to do with this topic, and simply came across as you wanting to jump in and get a little dig in on me.

I didn't realise you were such a big Twilight fan.

Yes, but your 'opinion' didn't seem to be anything to do with this topic, and simply came across as you wanting to jump in and get a little dig in on me.

I like the Twilight films and have met all the stars that have attended signing events.

• Moderators

So I assume you want him to attend a signing event, as I originally suggested, rather than attending a third ME convention?

I'm guessing you don't go to the Twilight conventions.

I like the Twilight films and have met all the stars that have attended signing events.

I do understand other opinions, but, the conventions always has about 5 guests. ET 4 has already 7 guests. So.. i think, nobody would say anything if there would be 5 new guests and 2 repeated guests.. I mean.. guys.. would you care if Charlie and for example Jamie would come to another Con, when there are 5 new guests as well? In that way, everybody could be happy ... ;)

I really really hope, that Charlie will attend ET5! And I´m sure, there are a lot of fans who would love to have him there as well.

But we JUST had Charlie he'll have very few new stories to tell where as a repeat guest like Peter or Ashley would have way more new stories to tell about filming and other cast members and other hilarious anecdotes.

And while this will offend people it's the truth Charlie (at least from what we saw in New Moon, haven't seen Eclipse so can't say anything yet) has had very little to do with the Twilight films, he'd wouldn't have even met most of the cast on set and we just heard all of his stories at ET3. For those who haven't met him yet they're sure to get him at a signing event with a Twilight talk and you can hear them all yourselves. I just think it's way too soon to get him back to a weekend convention.

Loving the marmite analogy ;)

Honest truth.

I do NOT want Charlie back sooo soon, he did Proms and the last ET event.

I admit that if you are one of "his fans" you may like him to appear at every ET but for those of us who go to these events to meet as many Twilight guests as possible we need a bit of a change, fresh faces or those who did the first ET's.

I have no problem with Charlie but ET's are for all of Twilight and not just Charlie. Give the others a chance.

Thank you.

x

Yes, but you have to keep in mind, that ET5 will be in Feb ´11. So it´s not the next ET.. and it´s a long time till then.. ;)

Of course, to have him at another event would be great as well, but it´s just not the same.. and as i read, they changed the date of CM 17 - may next year...

and at another event they said, they don´t wanna have twilight guests.. :dance:

But ET 4 will be in oct and there will be a lot of new guests... and i think, at et5 there will be a lot of new guests as well. But, as a repeated guest, charlie is amazing (jamie is an amazing guest as well) .. i mean, i´m not the only one who would love to have him there...

I totally get your point.. don´t get me wrong, and of course, i really can understand, if people wanna have new guests instead of repeated guests... but, i mean, usually Charlie should´ve come to CM 16... so they wanted to have him back .. sadly he had to cancel. So, they really should have him back at another event. And I really think, that ET5 would be the best one. But, at least, they should offer him to come to another signing event.. :/

oh.. and.. am I right that Peter attendet the first or second ET? So, it would be almost the same if Charlie would attend ET 5 . But I think, that´s different, because Peter is one of the Cullens.. :/

edit.. oh, and what i wanted to add... Of course, its a twilight con. not a bewley con.. but tell me, where else (other than conventions) do I (as a fan) have the chance to meet him? That´s the s***ty part about to like an actor. I´m really into music and it´s no problem to meet my fav bands at their shows. but sadly, there is only the chance to meet Charlie at a Convention. :dance: I only went to ET3 because of Charlie and i only would go to another Con because of Charlie (or maybe 2 or 3 of the other actors) ... I´m not that into the whole twilight thing... and I don´t know any of you. so for me there is just the one reason.. to meet Charlie. (or another guest which i really wanna meet)

If there would be another chance to meet him, believe, i wouldn´t mind if he would come to ET5.

Edited by scar!

They can get Charlie for a signing event and they will some time peter attended the first ET and is attending the 4th so we haven't seen him since around Feb 2008 to October 2010 where as if you got Charlie from ET3 in Feb 2010 again for ET5 which is around Feb 2011 thats only one year . . . really not the same