Bring back the Bewley!

Olivia-Ann

I woul imagine it is the same with all repeat guests, good to have a little gap so that more new people get the opportunity to meet them.

I have no doubt that SM/ME will bring Charlie back to an event at some point, whether it is an ET, or a signing con, he has lots of fans.

SM/ME will put on a great con whoever the guests may be :thumbup:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

The gap in between appearances is certainly necessary for many reasons:

1) The guest can carry on working, and have more to talk about when they come back etc.

2) There will be newer items to get signed.

3) As Rhi said, there needs to be new people that want to meet them too.

If you bring them back too quickly, you're still paying them the same price to appear but far less people are meeting them and it's just not worth it.

It's fine with someone like Patrick Stewart who is a fairly rare guest anyway, and he did photo shoots the most recent time, and he's had a HUGE career so there will always be people that want to meet him. But for someone like Charlie who is arguably at the beginning of his career, it's always going to be a bit limited.

I think it's a waste of a debate tbf and I know charlie wouldn't want to be the centre of it.

At the end of the day biased people like me or scar would happily have him at all of them, but we're a small minority and it makes business sense to please the majority not the minority.

If less people want him there than do then it's not really fair to have him there

:thumbup:

Collectormania Glasgow.. Don´t know if it´s true.. Yes, "they" stands for SM ..lol

They never said they didn't WANT Twilight guests at CMG.

It's a small event that doesn't make as much money so everyone was asked if they'd prefer 1 Twilight guest or loads of other guests and everyone said loads of other guests.

• Moderators

Yeah I've had some discussion with people in the Glasgow section about potential Twilight guests but I don't remember anything specifically from Showmasters stating there wouldn't ever be any.

oh.. and.. am I right that Peter attendet the first or second ET? So, it would be almost the same if Charlie would attend ET 5 . But I think, that´s different, because Peter is one of the Cullens.. :/

He was at ET1.. but has not done a weekend con since (although he did do one day at a signing event, a lot of people missed him as his appearance was cut short due to blondeness). I think thats the main difference, although being a Cullen probably does help as he has been in every film and had several lines.

Charlie has done 2 weekend cons (although obviously one was short) and if he did ET5 that would be 3! Which is why people are suggesting a signing event may be better - those who stil want to meet him can pay to do so but those who dont wont have to.

Yes, but in general, after ET4, it´s the same.. well, not the same, because Peter went to a weekend Con, a signing and now ET4 so, after ET4 he went to one event more than Charlie... but nobody would complain, if he would attend ET 5 as well. And that´s not fair.. only because he is a Cullen, he has the right to attend more Conventions?

I really like Peter. He´s amazing.. but that´s just unfair.

Well... I should stop to argue... makes no sense. Different opinions...

Maybe I will have to go to other events in other countries... ET 3 was amazing. The best Con so far. And I would´ve loved to meet Charlie again at a SM event.. but.. well, if there´re not enough people who wanna have him there.. ok, have to accept it. :D

Edited by scar!

• Moderators

I don't think it comes down to Peter being a Cullen at all. Personally if he was announced for ET5 as well then you'd get a lot of people against that too. No one has any 'right' to attend more cons than another guest.

It comes down to financials in the end. It's simply not worth an organiser paying out high figures for a guest that has been overexposed in the con scene in a short space of time. They need a LOT of people meeting them to make their money back at least. Twilight guests especially are not cheap - in fact they're more expensive now than they first were, and so if they get them back too quickly, there won't be enough people meeting them. It's something that really has to be weighed up, and why it's best to get a repeat guest to a different type of event to target those fans who don't go to the other.

I know this is all a bit complicated but I just don't want it feeling like an anti Charlie pro Peter thing or something. It's certainly not that simple.

Yes, but in general, after ET4, it´s the same.. well, not the same, because Peter went to a weekend Con, a signing and now ET4 so, after ET4 he went to one event more than Charlie... but nobody would complain, if he would attend ET 5 as well. And that´s not fair.. only because he is a Cullen, he has the right to attend more Conventions?

Well... I should stop to argue... makes no sense. Different opinions...

Maybe I will have to go to other events in other countries... ET 3 was amazing. The best Con so far. And I would´ve loved to meet Charlie again at a SM event.. but.. well, if there´re not enough people who wanna have him there.. ok, have to accept it. :thumbup:

Well, in Peters defence at LFCC a lot of folk didn't get the chance to meet him or get a photo with him as he forgot his passport and only managed down on the Sunday. So if folk were only going on Saturday they missed out the chance of meeting him. And it was so busy on the Sunday you barely got chance to say "hi, bye."

It's not that nobody wants Charlie at the event, it's just that most people whom attend these events are people that attend them every year and it's nice to have different guests at them each time.

I would imagine that since Charlie was announced for and cancelled CM16 he will be at least tried for at another convention in the near future.

I would 'complain' just the same and I know others that would too!

I would complain I think it's definately over kill having the same guest two conventions in a row and I think the organisers know that too.

And I'd say the same regardless of if the guest was Charlie Bewley or Robert Pattinson

Edited by jazz5490

I actually don't get the whole "repeat guests are only great for people who haven't met them" thing. I've met Charlie but I would love to meet him again because I'm a fan. A friend of mine is a huge Peter Facinelli fan. She met him at ET1 but is so happy and excited that he's coming back again. Charlie is very popular with lots of people and I'm sure there are a whole host of people that would love to see him again myself included. Signings just aren't the same. He actually hasn't done that many events in the UK. Yeah he does lots in the states but after he cancelled CM16 I'd love to see him at another showmasters event.

However I do agree that it's good to have new guests and I'm keen to meet as many Twilight peeps as I can as I'm a huge fan of the franchise but I do have this like Mahoosive soft spot for Charlie :D

• Moderators

I actually don't get the whole "repeat guests are only great for people who haven't met them" thing. I've met Charlie but I would love to meet him again because I'm a fan. A friend of mine is a huge Peter Facinelli fan. She met him at ET1 but is so happy and excited that he's coming back again. Charlie is very popular with lots of people and I'm sure there are a whole host of people that would love to see him again myself included. Signings just aren't the same. He actually hasn't done that many events in the UK. Yeah he does lots in the states but after he cancelled CM16 I'd love to see him at another showmasters event.

You're right - there will be people who are happy to spend out a couple of hundred to meet the same guest every few months, and that's great, but I do think they're in the minority.

Even though there's a huge fanbase for Twilight, it gets more exclusive when it comes down to those who attend conventions, and even less that attend ME ones. So it's often the same attendees that keep coming back. This is if the guest lists are attractive to them, which is why they generally need to be kept as fresh as possible.

I know a lot of people are in the same situation that I am - I can't throw money around to meet the same guest 4/5 times a year, nor would I actually choose to do so if I had the money. I see some people travelling around the world to meet the same guests they already met here, and they still request them after too .. I don't think everyone is in that position though.

Edited by DavidB

Haha.. i´m not in that position either. If I would be, i would have no problems and I wouldn´t care if Charlie would come to the next ET or not. :D

We only have one con in Germany with Twilight guests. Charlie will be there and i know, it´s due to me and my best friend. Because we asked them if they could asked him to come. We talked to them and we talked to Charlie. Because of that we´re lucky enough to have him as a guest.

And yes, usually i would´ve met him in Vancouver, but he cancelled.. as he cancelled CM 16. Otherwise we would´ve come to CM 16.

Sorry, that I have to talk about other cons (although i don´t mention their names) but, i already was in Vancouver, that´s why I could afford it.. well.. i had a scholarship.

And because we only have one event in Germany with Twilight guests, and because I really loved ET3 I save all my money for the conventions. I mean, I don´t have enough money to buy my ET5 ticket right now.. and I never would buy it right now, because I wanna see which guests are attending first.

The point is.. what you wrote sounds like, that every repeated guest is a waste of money and that the people who wanna see the same guests again should travel around the world to meet them.. that, if they wanna spent their money for the same guest again, that they also could travel more far away to meet them again. :/

Edited by scar!

I personally wouldnt want him again, if we are going to have repeat guests i'd like Jamie, Kellan (I am getting over the fact that most likely happen though) Ashley, etc etc.

I'd love Jamie back again :P I love love him, but i'd rather have a new different guest. I also don't think we should be saying some guests are 'better' than others. We all like different things

Well... I won´t say anything anymore to this topic...

But, I think, I should focus more on other cons.. because, for me it´s not worth it to buy tickets for ET5 without Charlie. Don´t think that they will get Jackson as a guest..

I really was hoping he would attend again.. but well.. ok... I think, I really can stop to hope because if SM read all your posts I´m sure they won´t ask him to come again.

So... well... more money for other convention around the world.. :P

• Moderators

Oh it's only a discussion :P If you have more to say, then certainly feel free to say it.

There's only a small minority of people on here anyway in comparison to the amount that actually attend the events. We're all just giving opinions in the end.

I do honestly think you should be expecting him at a signing event though, but I guess we'll see :D

Yes... a signing event... the problem is, I don´t know if this is worth the money.. i mean.. in general of course.. it is. it´s the only way to meet him again at a SM event. But.. hmpf... :P It´s jst not the same.. I mean... there you can get a autograph (which I already have) and a pic with him, right? But usually there are no panels... and it´s really stupid just to stand there all the time... LOL

well... we´ll see. :D :D :D *really not happy*

• Moderators

Yeah, it is tricky. I guess you get more chance to 'interact' or whatever with a guest at a convention, so I can see why people prefer that.

It would depend really. Some signing events do have panels/talks, so it's certainly possible :P

But of course, all this is speculation. I wouldn't feel too sad! They're clearly happy to get him back somehow, so at least you know he's someone they're willing to get. That's a good start!

I'd prefer him to come to a signing event rather than to an actual con, personally: I can't afford ET5 for now with all the other events already planned for 2010 (LFCC, CM:L, ET4...), and I'd be gutted if once again I didn't get a chance to meet him! But well, we'll see!

Yeah I totally understand what everyone is saying and I would love to attend another con with Charlie as a guest but I get that people want to meet new faces. Just saying that they have PFach back at ET4 so there's no saying they won't get repeat guests in the future and one of them may be Charlie.

I certainly hope he'll attend something else in this country as I really can't afford to travel around the world to other cons and I would love to see him again. I was so gutted when he cancelled CM16.

Signings are different though, not as involved as cons but it's still a good chance to see him so fingers crossed. I'm also really looking forward to seeing what other guests they get for ET5.

Blah basically, I think what some people were trying to get across in this thread was that they are not against having Charlie back, but not for another year or 2 so that he has more stories to share etc. Like Peter, yes he came to ET1 but its been over 2 years since then so he will have so many more stories to share. It's not anything against Charlie or any other repeat guests, it's just about the timing.