Your Patrick Stewart 'Experience'

Dent_1

I sat with Patrick on the Saturday and i have to say what a lovely man he is.

Very gracious and interested in the fans and what they had to say.

As for the filming and taking of photos, there can be many reasons why videoing and photography are not allowed in certain sections. We managed to get through hundreds of autographs on saturday, if we had had to pause for those extra few seconds while a photo was taken or someone fiddled with thier camera we may not have been able to see as many as we did.

I think you should all be happy to have at least met the man and if you want a photograph the photo sessions are there for this very reason.

1200 and got him to open Q by half 4 :blush:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the filming and taking of photos, there can be many reasons why videoing and photography are not allowed in certain sections. We managed to get through hundreds of autographs on saturday, if we had had to pause for those extra few seconds while a photo was taken or someone fiddled with thier camera we may not have been able to see as many as we did.

I think you should all be happy to have at least met the man and if you want a photograph the photo sessions are there for this very reason.

1200 and got him to open Q by half 4 :thumbup:

Yeah, yeah, stop bragging :D

1200 and got him to open Q by half 4 :(

Yeah, yeah, stop bragging :P

:thumbup::D lol

On the Sunday I decided to obtain a Patrick Stewart autograph - not neccesarilly because of his Trek connections but because he is an excellent actor on both the big screen and the stage and I wanted to meet him.

My friend also had a pleasant experience when he had his photoshoot with Patrick and the picture was brilliant. Considering the amount of people queuing on the Saturday I thought he was a gentleman - When I went to get his autograph he asked how I was said hello and also advised me on the gold marker qulaity and allowing it to dry to prevent smudging. I said to him that he was my favourite Star Trek captain - he gave me an elated smile and the thumbs up. I wished him well and he responded in kind. A very pleasant and considerate gentleman.

On reflection my experience with Patrick Stewart was a positive one.... I am happy I decided to meet him :P

My experience with Patrick this time was most certainly better than my LFCC 2008, I bought something unique this time with a picture from American Dad and he was like oooo its bullock =] he was also very polite during the photoshoots! :P

Consider yourself lucky that he spoke to you, mum & I are very nice carm people & paid the £25 between us for our autograph. We qued & when we met him, he didn't even look up or acknowldge you were there, or even say hello to us, even when I said hello straight to him at the desk. For the £25 it would be nice if the guests could at least hello, most of them do & are very chaty. I can really understand that they have a lot of signing to do, but he could of made an effort to say hello.

You must have really caught him in a good moment, but I felt slightly upset myself.

Well going by the reactions on here, it seems you guys were the unlucky ones that caught him at a different moment.

Really sorry you came away feeling like that, I'm sure he must of just not heard you or thought it was someone addressing someone else :smile:

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Saw Sir Patrick on Sunday. Open queue around 11.30am. Said hello and asked as it was more "relaxed", would he mind personalising the photo for me, which is did. Spoke about performing Ibsen on stage and went away happy!

:P I asked about personalisations on both days and was told he wasn't :smile: .

Saw Sir Patrick on Sunday. Open queue around 11.30am. Said hello and asked as it was more "relaxed", would he mind personalising the photo for me, which is did. Spoke about performing Ibsen on stage and went away happy!

:( I asked about personalisations on both days and was told he wasn't ;) .

Sorry about that dude. There were no signs up saying no personalisations and no-one behind me in the line when I asked - so I didn't feel like I was holding anyone up.

A lot of people find that interseting i have done it with others and hundreds of peoole have look at it.if you look on youtube there are others that do it not just us.People find it interseting to see like me.

However none of them have come on the organisers forum to tell everyone that they broke the rules though.

Lets face it, there are people who will always think it doesn't apply to them and there is nothing that can be done about it. If they ban camera's and recording equipment (remember this includes most modern phones now as well) how do you enforce it? Search everyone and their bags before they enter the queue? I usually come to these events on my own so wouldn't have anyone I can leave my camera with outside of the queue. It is easier to see if a camera is in a position to be used or not, you simply insist that they are put back in their case when in the queue but it's not so easy with a phone.

Must make you so proud that you filmed someone famous as they walked by.

As said earlier its people like you and your husband (??) that , by disregarding perfectly reasonable requests from the organisers or guests, will end up spoiling things for other attendees.

:o I asked about personalisations on both days and was told he wasn't :YAHOO: .

I was a little annoyed at that too!

I also would have liked to have shaked his hand.

I was told not too!

:o I asked about personalisations on both days and was told he wasn't :crying:

I was a little annoyed at that too!

I also would have liked to have shaked his hand.

I was told not too!

The only person I am annoyed with is myself. Usually there are signs up stating 'no personalisations'. I didn't see any so I thought I would check at the 'payment desk'. The crew member politely told me no and gave me the , perfectly acceptable, reason as to why. So I didn't ask Patrick. I am gussing others , like lone gunman, just asked at the point of signing, which is fair enough as there were no signs. Yes, I am annoyed that, like with Leonard Nimoy previously, I missed out on a personalisation. However I'm more annoyed by the fact that even if I had all of these facts (that people were getting personalisations even though generally he wasn't doing them) prior to going up, I probably still wouldn't have asked :D !

The handshake thing is something I never think about. If a guest offers their hand I will shake it but I completely understand why they may may not, or decline, for hygiene reasons.