Your Patrick Stewart 'Experience'

Dent_1

I'm afraid I have to agree on this one, disrespecting a guest's wishes to be videoed or photographed by one could spoil it for all. We were lucky he agreed to do the photoshoots, he won't even do those as a rule. The rules are there for a reason.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That....

i asked if he would mind if i took a pic he said i could witch was so nice of him the staff at sm didnt seem to like it thow but hay ho what a pic

and that....

See my two videos on you tube soon,one of him walking past when he first arrived,and one of the actual signing, (although there were signs up saying no videos or posed photos my husband set the camera on record and just left it hanging round his neck,ha,it worked a treat.)
is extremely disrespectful to the guest. Not to mention annoying.

Things like no photos/videoing are usually at the guests request. If they are ignored then there is a risk that the guest may not return in the future. I would suggest that the videos are not uploaded to youtube.

Ignoring these requests and then boasting about it is....I have no words :D

Look at my face,bovvered? @ what you think.

Its people like you that ruin for other people, which make guests not come back!

That....

i asked if he would mind if i took a pic he said i could witch was so nice of him the staff at sm didnt seem to like it thow but hay ho what a pic

and that....

See my two videos on you tube soon,one of him walking past when he first arrived,and one of the actual signing, (although there were signs up saying no videos or posed photos my husband set the camera on record and just left it hanging round his neck,ha,it worked a treat.)

Things like no photos/videoing are usually at the guests request. If they are ignored then there is a risk that the guest may not return in the future. I would suggest that the videos are not uploaded to youtube.

Its people like you that ruin for other people, which make guests not come back!

ugh. That's so disrespectful. I hope you're ashamed of yourselves.

That....

and that....

Urgh, it's people like you who make my blood boil, everyone else sticks to the rules that are set (for a reason) but nooooo YOU seem to think they don't apply to you, can you perhaps enlighten us as to why you are the one person who is different????????

I believe Showmasters should view your clips on youtube and take appropriate action to get them removed, are you aware that some actors have clauses in their contracts that state they cannot appear on film/video for anyone else so by doing what you have you could well land the organisers and/or the actor himself in some trouble.

As I suspect by your very intellectual use of ''bovvered'' that you aren't going to take one iota of notice what anyone says to you, so I surmise that this post is pretty useless but hey it made me feel better!!!!!

Echoing everyone else's feelings, so disrespectful to the guest, showmasters and now others on the forum. Never said this to someone on here before but I hope you never go to another event :D

Anyway, I didnt get an auto from Patrick (got one at LFCC, and had the same experience everyone had this weekend, lovely fellow) but got a photoshoot. Twice meeting him, twice a polite and gentle man :clap: He is so awesome its beyond words.

Thank you Showmasters for the oppertunity to see him again and to get a photo with him, something I will treasure as long as I live :D

I had a brief experience, as expected, but he was polite and friendly in the little time I had with him.

That....

and that....

What a grown up thing to do (although possibly illegal) and a very grown up post in response. As already said, it's idiots like you who ruin these events for everyone else.

Sir Patrick Stewart has been a hero of mine since I was 12. On Saturday, actually being in his presence was an honour. Having a photoshoot sat next to him was an even greater honour that was truly fantastic. I cannot understand why there are people out there with no sense of respect, courtesy or decency. I don't know whether he meant it as an extremely sarcastic joke, either way, its backfired.

Keep up the fine work and Illegitimi non carborandum, Showmasters.

Despite the signs, I lost count how many people had to be asked to put their cameras away. Getting to the stage where all camera will be banned from the relevant signing areas - not a bad idea that actually

There's always people at every event willing to try it on and either take photos or video without asking or ask anyway, even when the signs say no. Bugs me too.

Some signs said no posed photos which to my mind means you can take a pic of the person when they're signing and sat at the desk but others said no photos at all and personally I respect that however much I'd like to get a photo of the guest.

Being cynical I'd guess part of the reason is when they're doing photoshoots they want to maximise the takings and if you know you can't get a photo at the desk, then maybe you'll pay for a photoshoot. Personally I don't have the money for all that, though there have been some I wish I'd gone for.

But many actors will have clauses in their contracts regarding image rights etc and it may be connected with that. I have sometimes found going on fridays when it's much quieter will get you a photo though before it gets busy but not always.

Whatever the reasons, flaunting the rules that are clearly posted could start putting the event at risk if word gets round the rules aren't being enforced properly.

After London I know lots of people thought a photoshoot meant not pics at the desk, but this weekend (and the pics in the thread) disprove that completly.

Nearly every guest had a shoot or 2 this weekend and nearly all of those that did at least sometimes did photos at the table, whether they were posed or not.

Got in quite early on the Saturday.

Went up to Patrick

PS "Hello, sir. How are you today?"

Me "I am fine thank you. How are you?"

PS "I am very well thank you"

ME "I just wanted to say that it is an honour to meet you. You were a boyhood hero of mine."

PS (extends hand) " Thank you. The honour was mine"

A great man

In the photoshoot the The dude had to change his memory card and I had an extra minute with him. I said I am not very photogenic and he cracked a joke about him ruining the shoot.

He made my weekend along with a couple of other guests. What a really pleasant bloke.

We are putting the one off him walking by as he has just arrived at collectormania..As he was in full public view there.

But why would you put that on youtube? What interest do you think it would have?

We are putting the one off him walking by as he has just arrived at collectormania..As he was in full public view there.

But why would you put that on youtube? What interest do you think it would have?

I'm assuming it is being put on there in the hope that one of the big studios will see the footage and make it into a feature film.

Nicky, I really think you are underestimatng the interest people have in seeing a blurry unsteady 30 second video clip of a famous bloke walking through the concourse area of a lower league football stadium on a gloomy day in May.

Will there be a directors cut available?

Before I came to the con I wanted to know what they are like, especially the guests I dream of seeing.

Those videos help.

I'm assuming it is being put on there in the hope that one of the big studios will see the footage and make it into a feature film.

Nicky, I really think you are underestimatng the interest people have in seeing a blurry unsteady 30 second video clip of a famous bloke walking through the concourse area of a lower league football stadium on a gloomy day in May.

Will there be a directors cut available?

LMAO :wub:

@stargatefan: regardless of whether you put your videos on YouTube or not, you had no business taking them in the first place. That trick your husband pulled with leaving the camera recording during the autograph session was underhanded and downright rude.

Ask yourself what Patrick might have said to you had he realised what you were up to...

• Moderators

My Patrick experience was simply the photo shoot, yet he still managed to say 'hi again' and ask how I was which was really nice of him. I didn't expect that to be honest.

Had 4 fantastic Patrick Stewart experiences!!!

Got talking about Moby Dick (his version of the movie - it rocks!! - got DVD cover signed) and his stage work. He told me to go and see and I shall!!!! He doesn't like signing trading cards - but I shall treasure my costume card!!!

Even meet the man in full ST uniform with Vulcan ears and he didn't freak out!!!

Just thought oh those two again!!!! He said 'Hi again'!!!!

He was really nice, a real gent :-)

would be great to do a talk and include his non ST stuff - would have loved to have asked him about all the greats he has worked with - Gregory Peak and Sir Ian!!!!

Did at least three handshakes with a Knight of the Realm!!!!

Would love to meet him again :-)

Thank you Sir Patrick :-) :D:blush:

Edited by 7 of 9

I sat with Patrick on the Saturday and i have to say what a lovely man he is.

Very gracious and interested in the fans and what they had to say.

As for the filming and taking of photos, there can be many reasons why videoing and photography are not allowed in certain sections. We managed to get through hundreds of autographs on saturday, if we had had to pause for those extra few seconds while a photo was taken or someone fiddled with thier camera we may not have been able to see as many as we did.

I think you should all be happy to have at least met the man and if you want a photograph the photo sessions are there for this very reason.