Waiting sucks - but not if you're a vampire!

fanggirl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is frustrating, but ET is the largest ME con as it stands, and is almost sold out, so it is not suprising that they are booking guests.

This is the Bitten forum though, so it is not really relevant whether other cons get guests booked.

Sorry, I love True Blood, but I know that ME will book guests as and when they are able. We dont know what they have in the pipelines already, as they dont announce until a contract is finalised. Jason has told us many times before how many guests they contact in order to secure the actual guests we get at the con.

Still need to be patient I'm afraid, sorry :P

• Moderators

Personally I couldn't care less about Twilight, and no doubt a lot of people are aware of that :P

I love True Blood and Supernatural, so I'm really excited to get guests for this and Roadhouse, but I certainly understand that ME can get more guests for the cons that are bringing in the most money.

Yes, it will always be a conundrum - get more guests, sell more tickets .. or sell more tickets, get more guests .. etc .. but as it's not our money we're risking on a lineup, I guess it's not down to us.

I'm just going to focus on looking forward to the events, as I think they'll be fantastic in the end. I've been excited for this ever since it was announced.

Well we are all an ickle bit frustrated, I know we have to be patient we all know that, but when some of us booked gold tickets in September like I did then 2 guests in that time.....Im totally with you in that, not all the cons are equal in 'followers' shall we say but it would just be nice to be given a little bit of attention lol.

I guess we are just feeling unloved!

Just giving Fanggirl a bit of backup as well! :unsure:

I really feel like I'm not allowed to be disappointed or angry on here. I thought this was meant to be a *discussion* forum, not just a place to kiss up to the organisers. Not everyone is happy all the time.

True Blood has become my favourite ever TV show... (it's overtaken Spaced fact fans!) I've spent loads of time plugging this con to my friends, on fb groups/other forums and even creating the event on facebook. It's not like I'm just sitting on my bum waiting for guests to be brought to me on a plate.

It's really disheartening when some of us (including me) bought our tickets for this last August - a whole year before the event's going to happen, and we haven't had any news or updates from the SM team (not dissing you David and Rhianydd as mods, but Jason and Mark post regularly on other event's forums) since October! 7 months and no word...

Yes I'm well aware that on other forums Jason and Mark have said that they won't announce until contracts have been signed, but it seems that everything else is getting priority and that we've been forgotten about. I don't see what the rush is to book or announce guests for already popular cons that aren't taking place until October when we have only 80 days.

I have a number of friends who are willing to buy as soon as another guest is announced, but aren't willing to pay the money if we're only getting 2 guests

This isn't just meant as a moan, I'm trying to demonstrate that I care about this convention that's all.

no backup required, not picking on anyone. I didnt see anyone posting when I did, and I doubt David did either, as wouldnt have been neccessary for both of us to do it :D

I would love to come to the con, but I am one of those that has to wait for funds for her ticket.

Plus, if both me and my husband went, I would have to find a babysitter for the weekend for my kids, so that makes it tricky too :unsure:

So I am one of the guilty ones that hasnt bought their ticket yet.

If I do come it will probably end up being on my own cos it would make it simpler unfortunately, I bet there are loads of us waiting to buy tickets for one reason or another :YAHOO:

Edited by Rhianydd

I think this happens with every con. I went to Hallowhedon last year and everyone was worried with only 2 guests announced so close but we ended up getting 3 or 4 announcement in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Some guests just don't like to confirm they can attend until right up until the date almost. So I wouldn't worry. The main thing is that it goes ahead, as long as that happens it'll be an ace weekend for sure!

Sorry Heulwen, now we are posting at the same time lol :unsure:

Does make me sad that people say phrases like "Kissing up to the organisers", nobody is doing that :YAHOO: I have been accused of it before, and its not nice :D

Jason came on the forums a long time ago and said that Twilight guests require earlier booking up than other guests, due to booking requirements, so that is why they get booked up earlier than most. Thats why ET5 is already on sale too.

Sorry, except for an official announcement from SM/ME, there really is nothing any of us Moderators can do, we just try to help and put minds at rest, but in truth, everyone is waiting for news just as you are :D

I'm also a guilty party not got a ticket yet.

I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to be able to do it due to severe finanical issues right now, but I'm sure whatever happens it'll be a great event.

*P_V goes away to think of some money making ideas*

• Moderators

My main points regarding this would be:

- ME aren't going to announce guests because a lot of people start moaning on here, so it just gets a bit annoying having to deal with people asking day after day for the same thing. Especially if it starts spilling over into other sections. It's not fair on us or the other attendees to have unnecessary situations like that, especially when the people doing it know it's going to cause problems.

- Freedom of speech and discussion is allowed on here to a point. That's why some stuff hasn't been deleted, even though people thought it would be. We try to be reasonable but some need to do the same for us. If you think you're going to get in trouble for posting something, then common sense says don't post it. But maybe that's just me.

- There is ALWAYS going to be the "guests first, buy later" vs "buy first, guests later" argument. This isn't going to change. ME don't have an unlimited budget so they need to sell tickets to get guests. They can't throw all their money into an unproven event like Bitten with a full lineup without ticket sales to justify it. The Twilight events have proven themselves time and again. In the end, until it's our money on the line, ME have every right to run things how they see fit. I don't envy them.

- I haven't bought my ticket yet due to paying for a holiday and other stuff, but I fully intend to. I love TB and it's going to be a great con.

My main points regarding this would be:

- ME aren't going to announce guests because a lot of people start moaning on here, so it just gets a bit annoying having to deal with people asking day after day for the same thing. Especially if it starts spilling over into other sections. It's not fair on us or the other attendees to have unnecessary situations like that, especially when the people doing it know it's going to cause problems.

Requests are being targeted to Mark & Jason, not you mods so don't get annoyed.

They don't take any notice of e-mails, or run their own Twitter account, so here is the only other place to ask questions.

- Freedom of speech and discussion is allowed on here to a point. That's why some stuff hasn't been deleted, even though people thought it would be. We try to be reasonable but some need to do the same for us. If you think you're going to get in trouble for posting something, then common sense says don't post it. But maybe that's just me.

I don't think *anyone* should get into trouble for posting anything.

I've never written on any other forum where mods delete other people's posts.

Edit, yes, but only if it's really needed.

Just because a mod doesn't agree 100% with what's been posted doesn't mean it should be wiped from existance.

In comparison to any other forums I write on it seems funny when posts get deleted. It's not that things are said to *try* and get deleted, I just think that sometimes people are over-sensitive.

Also, just because I wrote something to my friend on twitter, doesn't mean it can be brought up and referenced here.

- There is ALWAYS going to be the "guests first, buy later" vs "buy first, guests later" argument. This isn't going to change. ME don't have an unlimited budget so they need to sell tickets to get guests. They can't throw all their money into an unproven event like Bitten with a full lineup without ticket sales to justify it. The Twilight events have proven themselves time and again. In the end, until it's our money on the line, ME have every right to run things how they see fit. I don't envy them.

Yes, I understand this which is why I've been doing everything in my power to get as many tickets sold as possible. I was just letting SM know that if they announce more guests I have friends waiting to buy!

No disrespect to you Fanggirl, I do completely understand where you're coming from, but there are believe it or not rivals of these organisers that in the past have come on and stirred up trouble. It's things like this that require some posts to be deleted or edited. No one doubts your passion for this show and I agree with you, I want more guests, but going on another section of the forum and moaning in a guest announcement thread is probably not the best way to get your point across. I'm beyond excited about Bitten, you have no idea how long some of us have waited for it and trust me when I say your patience will be rewarded, no one gives the fans more than Showmasters and Massive Events, the guys will get on here when they have something concrete to announce. Try not to worry or feel slighted.

I think the fact remains that we are making the effort to come on here as paying customers and share our views and comments, whatever those views may be. We arent being offensive, or rude, or provocative, we are genuinely passionate about this con. We want the best for it and lets face it, the bottom line, as people that have paid for tickets already, we want this con to be the very best it can be.

If we feel frustrated about it then I'm sure SM would rather we place that view on this forum than just say absolutely nothing, as no feedback whatsoever would make for a verrrrrry quiet forum and not help or be proactive at all!

• Moderators

I think any organiser knows that if they announce guests, they're likely to sell more tickets. It's just the tricky financial balance of knowing how many they'll sell, and whether it'll be enough to cover the costs etc. Especially with a new show such as this.

So I don't believe asking for guests all the time to be 'proactive' as such.

I respect opinions and desires - I have my own! - but, as with anything on here, things will get replied to. It's freedom of speech both ways to a certain extent. Some people are just genuinely ok with waiting.

if thats the case sell tickets get more guests then why are showmasters not promoting it properley? alot of true blood fans are unaware of this convention which is a real shame. also if its not sellin and your saying that then its making us feel sad and some angry that no one wants to bother. some of us forked out loads of money on this con and could have chucked it in our savings to get interest rather than sitting in a showmasters account. It makes me sad that theres 80 days left and tickets sales aren't great. word on the great vine is this show is being cancelled and for us that have forked out that amount of money its disappointing cause we don't want that to happen.

I understand you guys are trying but it would be really nice if mark or jason could come on and say we are still looking for guests just bear with us. just something offical that we can get some hold of.And honestley that may shut alot of us up. just to see we are being thought of.

I get this message will hack some of u off but its a forum and i'm allowed my say which to be honest all of the above isn't bad but having forked out £300 on ticket and hotel alone not includin outfits and travel i hope some of u understand

also i just wanna point out a few months ago i mentioned about us trying to promote it and alot of users told me to stop getting stressy which i wasn't but just trying to help showmasters with selling tickets which in my eyes is not a bad thing and months down the line we are back in the same boat

if a refund was a opition right now i'd be getting one

Edited by sungift500