Waiting sucks - but not if you're a vampire!

fanggirl

• Moderators

It's just frustrating that it even has to get to that point where Jason/Mark have to come on and say stuff.

Any time there's no guest for a while for a con, people start getting worked up and they all come together and start doing stuff like this. It never gets us anywhere other than something being posted to calm you down, and then Jason/Mark go back to work ..

As for a cancellation, nothing has been said whatsoever here, and it's not a nice thing for anyone to be spreading around, whoever started it. It only ends up making things worse. If I believed everything I ever heard about a Showmasters or Massive Events con, things would be a lot different to what they have been!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just frustrating that it even has to get to that point where Jason/Mark have to come on and say stuff.

Wow, that sure does make me feel real special

It doesnt take that long to write messages on here now does it? I'm sure as the bosses they don't mind all that much :WINCE:

• Moderators

But would you prefer they spent 5 minutes reading through this thread and trying to compose a message that will satisfy everyone or spend those 5 minutes working on a guest's contract negotiations?

Add up all of the cons, and when you consider that people would then be wanting them to do that on a regular basis, that's a lot of minutes they'd spend reassuring people they were working on guests instead of actually working on the guests...

• Moderators

Wow, that sure does make me feel real special

It doesnt take that long to write messages on here now does it? I'm sure as the bosses they don't mind all that much :WINCE:

The problem I have with it is that it's never enough for anyone.

Give it a week after the 'message' and still no guest, and people kick off again. Trust me, I've been here for like 7 years now, and I know exactly how these things go. People say they just want reassuring, but really unless there's an actual guest, no 'message' is ever going to do any long term good.

I think it's safe to assume they're always working on all their events, regardless of whether they say they are or not. I don't mean it in a rude way whatsoever, so please don't take it badly, but if the organisers reassured everyone all the time they'd have no time to do anything.

Oh, and just to add, if you want me to 'shut up' or anything, send me a message off forum if you want to say anything. I don't see how people can want to post opinions on here and be taken seriously when nasty things are being said elsewhere.

Edited by DavidB

Yet we have heard nowt for months on anything, no one offical has one on here, considering our money has gone into it a simple MSG shud b cool. 80 days left, u run a company and should be used to people demanding hence y u still run these conventions. People ain't buying because of it, so how is that helping ticket sales? Other cons get more updates then on here

Yet we have heard nowt for months on anything, no one offical has one on here, considering our money has gone into it a simple MSG shud b cool. 80 days left, u run a company and should be used to people demanding hence y u still run these conventions. People ain't buying because of it, so how is that helping ticket sales? Other cons get more updates then on here

• Moderators

What I don't get is why people go on about this being a 'discussion' forum and how they should be 'allowed an opinion,' yet when I reply with something, I get called nasty names off-forum like a 'nazi' and stuff like that.

It works both ways. If people want there to be 'discussion' then they need to accept that the mods and others may well reply. If we were 'nazis' then none of these posts would be here would they? No.

I don't think I nor any of the other mods deserve stuff like that thrown at us anywhere. Someone can't fight for freedom of speech then moan when someone offers an opposing view. To stir things up on here DELIBERATELY and end up insulting people is disgusting tbh.

But hey, this is never worth any abuse off anyone, so I'm done. I just don't believe being nasty is the way to get what you want :WINCE:

Guys, this sort of thing on forums is the reason they have to have moderators.

I appreciate this con is slightly different as there is an age restriction on attendees, but it still doesnt stop young people being on the forum. Not really nice for them to read.

I believe David is referring to comments made off forum which he saw and have quite rightly upset him.

At the end of the day, although we are moderators, we are still attendees who pay to go to Cons.

Moderating is done as a good will gesture, not a paid job, so it is awful when you see moderators get upset like that.

If anyone has any queries, please do ask, I asked the office a few days ago about the party theme query for you.

I know that Queen Sindell has gone above and beyond even ringing hotels for non English speaking attendees, she didnt have to do that, but was pleased to be able to help.

I am sure Mark and Jason will come on here, it is sad that it got to this stage when there is no need.

I dont think going over the same ground will do any good so perhaps it is better to wait for Mark or Jason to come on. I will email the office and no doubt they will read this thread.

Edited by Rhianydd

Thats okay, only trying to help, dont want anybody to get upset. :blink:

Its not nice.

At the end of the day, we are all excited about the con, and always looking forward to news of the next guest, thats only natural.

If you feel there is information lacking though, please do ask.

Unfortunately, I know where David is coming from, if people always ask why no guest, there is not a lot we can do until Showmasters/Massive Events make an announcement. They in turn cant announce until they have a signed contract.

There is nothing worse than an announcement, and then a cancellation soon after, so waiting for contracts to be finalised first is best. I appreciate it is frustrating, but nobody has been forgotten, trust me.

Mark and Jason and the whole team work very hard on the cons and to get guests, so it is not an excuse when I say they are busily working on guests, they always are (as David said)

If there is anything upsetting you though, I am more than happy to help where I can. :D

David, if you have been viewing off forum places where noone was directly mentioned then I can only apologise for my strong language. I was actually only commenting on that fact that sometimes 'people' tend to come down really quite hard on anyone seen to be 'rocking the boat' as it were but unfortunately when speaking to my friends - i.e. people that I follow and those who in turn follow me, I tend to put that in a more direct and short way.

However I am big enough to own up when I have been harsh and I am sorry if any of my comments - I'd like to point out very strongly however NOT aimed directly at you - have offended or upset in any way. In this day and age we use words that through time and consistency get watered down in their meaning and that was one of those cases where I was sadly misguided and guilty of that. I certainly was not referring any moderator to be similar to the blonde haired blue eyed regime who were after a master race and would certainly not mean it in that way - both my grandfathers fought world war II and it would be totally insulting to their memories and lives should I ever use that name in that way.

David, I do hope that you can accept my apology and we can draw a line under the whole thing. It's been a long drawn out conversation today and passions are running high and some things do get my goat on the odd occasion but anyone who knows me knows that I am definitely not a cruel person and would not actively go out to insult or upset anyone.

Id also like to apologise to anyone else who may have seen the language I used and was offended. I will choose my wording more carefully in the future.

:blink:

i bought my ticket months ago, I m so looking forward to this con and have no doubts in my mind that more guests will be announced in due course.

for me its not just about the guests its about meeting up with friends that i have made at cons, i havent seen most of them in years due to me having a baby and being unable to attend cons, so just to spend the weekend with my friends is great.

dont worry everyone, there will be more guests. just got to be patient.

i bought my ticket months ago, I m so looking forward to this con and have no doubts in my mind that more guests will be announced in due course.

for me its not just about the guests its about meeting up with friends that i have made at cons, i havent seen most of them in years due to me having a baby and being unable to attend cons, so just to spend the weekend with my friends is great.

dont worry everyone, there will be more guests. just got to be patient.

And dont forget sis, that will be ur one and only con u can goto without Noah as well.

Im looking forward to the whole thing this time, it used to be about just meeting friends but this is a special one for me as I love TB and Sam is my fav, and a month before my wedding so it means more to me.

As for the themes FANTASTIC so looking forward to gothing it up a bit :YAHOO:

:WINCE::D:(

Oooh just to add a bit of fuel to the fire (sorry) but if I'm honest I'm waiting for another guest to be announced as......

1) Funds are running a bit low and I really need to be able to justify a whole weekend away for just 2 guests.

2) As I'm going to be alone and am painfully shy I'd really like there to be at least another guest simply so that I don't have a whole bunch of time sitting round twiddling my thumbs all by my lonesome!!

3) And as daft as this is and it blows points 1 and 2 right out of the water I know quite a few girlies that wouldn't care about cash etc if we got Alex Skarsgard or Ryan Kwanten!!!!!! Nigh on impossible I know :poki: