Waiting sucks - but not if you're a vampire!

fanggirl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) As I'm going to be alone and am painfully shy I'd really like there to be at least another guest simply so that I don't have a whole bunch of time sitting round twiddling my thumbs all by my lonesome!!

I'm going on my own too and would gladly be a con buddy with anyone else who is alone :) I was thinking like you to begin with, although I was quite happy to hear that just Sam and Kristin were coming so far. Then I thought to myself that if I didn't go, I'd always regret it, which has happened to me before. I hope you do decide to come, as I think partying away with other fans sounds like fun :)

Helen :)

2) As I'm going to be alone and am painfully shy I'd really like there to be at least another guest simply so that I don't have a whole bunch of time sitting round twiddling my thumbs all by my lonesome!!

I'm going on my own too and would gladly be a con buddy with anyone else who is alone :) I was thinking like you to begin with, although I was quite happy to hear that just Sam and Kristin were coming so far. Then I thought to myself that if I didn't go, I'd always regret it, which has happened to me before. I hope you do decide to come, as I think partying away with other fans sounds like fun :)

Helen :)

OK Me and Jemma are going. Got a room at the Park Inn yesterday. Just needs next paydays wages to get a ticket.... Roll on 28th!!

OK Me and Jemma are going. Got a room at the Park Inn yesterday. Just needs next paydays wages to get a ticket.... Roll on 28th!!

Yeeeeeeyyyyy!!! :YAHOO:

How did you manage to get a room at the Park Inn thought they were all sold out? Did you have to pay upfront? See thats the only reason I booked the Ibis cause I don't wanna book the hotel then realise I can't go to the con.

I find it hard to believe that people are still umming and arrring about weather to come to this.

Pam is an awesome character and we have some great things to come from her if the books are anything to go by and Sam...well..his is one of the top character with the most interesting story line and from what i have read a extremely nice person.

These are two top liners ...what more do people want...yes a couple of more guest would be great but if only these two are there then whoopee ...bring it on.

I find it hard to believe that people are still umming and arrring about weather to come to this.

Pam is an awesome character and we have some great things to come from her if the books are anything to go by and Sam...well..his is one of the top character with the most interesting story line and from what i have read a extremely nice person.

These are two top liners ...what more do people want...yes a couple of more guest would be great but if only these two are there then whoopee ...bring it on.

In my own defence can I say most of my umming and arrring isn't because of whose going but because of money as I usually have to pay for two people to go. Plus having already bought ET4 and ET5 tickets this year I'm running alittle low on pennies

Yeeeeeeyyyyy!!! :o

How did you manage to get a room at the Park Inn thought they were all sold out? Did you have to pay upfront? See thats the only reason I booked the Ibis cause I don't wanna book the hotel then realise I can't go to the con.

No they've still got rooms but only doubles are available... Yes you have to pay upfront and its none refundable....

:D

I can't wait. Of all of them Pam is my favourite character bar Eric , who I would LOVE to come along as well! Those two make me laugh so much. Although I have been tempted by Alcide and Quinn. Until I finished off all the books... Then I didn't like them much again. Though if they got Joe mang... I can't spell his surname.. The guy who's playing Alcide to go I would be a very happy individual.

Yeeeeeeyyyyy!!! :WAVE:

No they've still got rooms but only doubles are available... Yes you have to pay upfront and its none refundable....

:huh:

I can't wait. Of all of them Pam is my favourite character bar Eric , who I would LOVE to come along as well! Those two make me laugh so much. Although I have been tempted by Alcide and Quinn. Until I finished off all the books... Then I didn't like them much again. Though if they got Joe mang... I can't spell his surname.. The guy who's playing Alcide to go I would be a very happy individual.

Maybe I'll see closer to the time if they have any rooms left and if I got any pennies to pay it upfront. Would rather but in the hotel its in but at the same usually prefer paying when I get there. Guess it would be one thing to not have to pay for that weekend though I guess.

Jo I'd be going with Paul too so double is not a problem lol!!

It's very much a catch 22 situation and I completely understand both points of view. Me and my sis bought our gold tickets a long, long time ago not long after it was announced and even though we think the current guests are awesome & cant wait to meet them, we have been eagerly awaiting a new guest. We also booked our hotel room, which as we all know, was upfront so we have invested alot of money into this con.

Completely understand that SM can't annouce guests until contracts are finalised, thats fair enough. But i dont think it is that unreasonable to just have some little message somewhere from SM even if it is passed on through Too Tall or one of the mods just to let us know that we havent been forgotten. We all know that SM/ME work very hard and myself & my sis are appreciative for their efforts, if it wasnt for them running the cons, we would have no chance of meeting anyone in the first place.

But I cant help but think after the event being announced for so long and having no update about anything in what seems like forever, is it really that unreasonable to find people are getting alittle antsy about the lack of info/updates regarding Bitten. Clearly there is alot of interest in this event but judging by this topic, not many people have actually got a ticket yet, makes me curious as to whether we'll have another Eclispe 3 on our hands. Let's hope not!!!

You really have not been forgotten, guys.

I know you'd feel a lot better if this was coming from Mark, Jason or TooTall, but maybe me posting will do for now.

SM/ME may not react to every e-mail right away, but they do read them and they know you are concerned.

Unfortunately this period of "no news" happens from time to time, and I realize it has been a very long "no news" period for those who supported the event right from the start. I think we all understand that (future) attendees are getting antsy, and I am really sorry if this got across differently

I've been in that situation too, and it's really not a pleasant feeling.

But when this happens I tell myself "hey, they could announce the seventh background actor in the third row from the right right now just so they can say "hey, look, we announced a guest - happy now?""

But good things sometimes just take a little more time. So SM will rather take some more time and give us a guest we are happy with.

During that work sometimes things that look easy like a note "you haven't been forgotten" get overlooked.

A lot of people on here are regulars and have been for years, and they are used to not getting that reassurance you are looking for from SM/ME themselves because we know SM/ME will ultimately get the job done. Eclipse 3 has been one of the rare circumstances where things did not work out, and I really don't think things will go the same way again for this event.

The mods have been appointed so that SM can concentrate on getting guests and running events. They trust us to look after the forum and we try to give people that "you haven't been forgotten" feeling. As everyone has noticed, sometimes unfortunately that doesn't quite work out. :D

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I'm sorry if this comes over as a bit harsh but I find your post really quite judgemental, people all have their own reasons for umming and ahhing and don't have to divulge them on here if they don't want!!

You ought to open your mind a little more and realise that we're not all umming and ahhing over the guest situation, personally for me it's all about the pennies and some family events that may or may not take place over the same weekend, so before you ask ''what more do people want'' spare a thought for us poor folk who have to prioritise in life!!!!!

Again this may seem harsh but it grated on a nerve, rant over :D

Thanks

Right...okay, that was harsh and i am offended.

You do not know me or my situation, other may as they might have read post by me before. I love conventions, but hate the fact that they can be expensive.

Bitten has two top line guests and as i have read many a time on here its not all about the guests but the whole event ie the ET cons...no massive top liners but well supported....why can i not hope the same for this with out getting shot to pieces.

I shall say no more other than you say I don't know you or your situation well that is true but you don't know anyone else's situation either so when you're posting that you don't know why people are umming and ahhing and ''what more do people want'' then maybe just maybe take a moment to think we all have different situations to um and ah about before we can jump online and book tickets straight away!!!

As I believe I mentioned it's not about the guests and I agree that the 2 that are announced are top stars in the show nobody is disputing that.

Just my opinions and I apologise if anyone is truly offended.

Not trying to butt in or anything, but sometimes a comment is typed while the person is smiling and intended as a :

"Ah, go on, you know you want to buy a ticket!" kind of way, but if the person doesnt put a smiley face on there eg :unsure: then the person reading it can take it the wrong way. :P

You are both just very excited for the con - glad you are both so supportive of it,

and for good reason - it will be awesome, cant wait :D

~I dunno which ticket to buy!!! Gold or Silver?! Someone help me out!!

Personally I always buy Gold, but Silver is quite popular too. The main difference between Gold and Silver is the drinks reception with the guests. So I'd say it's mainly about how important this is to you.

My sis & I bought gold. It's True Blood and couldnt be anything less!!! :D The gold drinks reception is really good if you either have the balls to actually talk to the guests or if your like me, kinda hang back and watch/listen. Obviously the crew make an effort to bring the guest to you if they can see your shy, that happened to us at Hallowhedon with Nick and both James so that was awesome. It really is just down to your personal choice about whether you fussed about the meet and greet or not....and the other perk of gold is the front row seating at the talks which can make for some great photo op's during the talks.

Hope that helps in someway :D

My sis & I bought gold. It's True Blood and couldnt be anything less!!! :wub: The gold drinks reception is really good if you either have the balls to actually talk to the guests or if your like me, kinda hang back and watch/listen. Obviously the crew make an effort to bring the guest to you if they can see your shy, that happened to us at Hallowhedon with Nick and both James so that was awesome. It really is just down to your personal choice about whether you fussed about the meet and greet or not....and the other perk of gold is the front row seating at the talks which can make for some great photo op's during the talks.

Hope that helps in someway :P

You're right! I'm going to go Gold! Will get it when I get back from work!! Someone will have to let me hang with them in the drinks reception though cause my friends are going standard and I figured I may not get the chance for gold again!

My sis & I bought gold. It's True Blood and couldnt be anything less!!! :thumbup: The gold drinks reception is really good if you either have the balls to actually talk to the guests or if your like me, kinda hang back and watch/listen. Obviously the crew make an effort to bring the guest to you if they can see your shy, that happened to us at Hallowhedon with Nick and both James so that was awesome. It really is just down to your personal choice about whether you fussed about the meet and greet or not....and the other perk of gold is the front row seating at the talks which can make for some great photo op's during the talks.

hi gemma!

Is it you I was speaking to in michelles photoshoot queue on Saturday?

You're right! I'm going to go Gold! Will get it when I get back from work!! Someone will have to let me hang with them in the drinks reception though cause my friends are going standard and I figured I may not get the chance for gold again!

I go gold for all of the ME conventions I've attended/am attending and I've never regretted it, so I hope you enjoy! As for hanging out at the drinks reception - it's very easy to strike up conversations with other attendees and even the guests (a glass or three of wine doesn't hurt *cough*) - I met several friends that way at the Eclipse conventions and have managed to persuade some of them to come to Bitten as well. :D

My sis & I bought gold. It's True Blood and couldnt be anything less!!! :P The gold drinks reception is really good if you either have the balls to actually talk to the guests or if your like me, kinda hang back and watch/listen. Obviously the crew make an effort to bring the guest to you if they can see your shy, that happened to us at Hallowhedon with Nick and both James so that was awesome. It really is just down to your personal choice about whether you fussed about the meet and greet or not....and the other perk of gold is the front row seating at the talks which can make for some great photo op's during the talks.

hi gemma!

It is I!!! How are you? Carly says howdy too, basically most posts I do are for both of us. So how did sunday go for you?

My sis & I bought gold. It's True Blood and couldnt be anything less!!! :D The gold drinks reception is really good if you either have the balls to actually talk to the guests or if your like me, kinda hang back and watch/listen. Obviously the crew make an effort to bring the guest to you if they can see your shy, that happened to us at Hallowhedon with Nick and both James so that was awesome. It really is just down to your personal choice about whether you fussed about the meet and greet or not....and the other perk of gold is the front row seating at the talks which can make for some great photo op's during the talks.

hi gemma!

It is I!!! How are you? Carly says howdy too, basically most posts I do are for both of us. So how did sunday go for you?

Sunday was awesome. Had my 2nd photoshoot with her, and then went with Sam to get her autograph. There was no queue behind us so we talked to her for EVER!!!! :D

When we finally went to leave, she told me it was so lovely to meet me, shook my hand again and then KISSED ME ON THE CHEEK!!!!! ^_^

Yes I had a fangirl moment ;)

Sunday was awesome. Had my 2nd photoshoot with her, and then went with Sam to get her autograph. There was no queue behind us so we talked to her for EVER!!!! :D

When we finally went to leave, she told me it was so lovely to meet me, shook my hand again and then KISSED ME ON THE CHEEK!!!!! :wub:

Yes I had a fangirl moment :wub:

LOL. Poor Sam. He'll have no idea whats hit him... Someone bring the rifle, I'll bring the tranquilizers.