Party Themes

maggiem

• Moderators

Isn't the From Out of the Rain Carnival coming back with a few new twists? I'm sure that's what Jason said at the auction this weekend, I hope it'll be on the Saturday if it is lol. :thumbup:

He did say that (and I really hope it does happen!) but that still leaves another party to be decided :)

He did say that (and I really hope it does happen!) but that still leaves another party to be decided :)

Yeah, another two, that's awesome. I think the Torchwood India idea's a really good one plus you could perhaps do a futuristic 51st century party with all sorts of gadgets, that'd be cool. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Torchwood in India sounds interesting... not sure I get the relevance, but could be fun!

I definately like the 51st century theme - different to 'Through the Rift' and any historical themes as it gives a whole range to imagination... *starts daydreaming costumes*

• Moderators

Torchwood in India sounds interesting... not sure I get the relevance, but could be fun!

I definately like the 51st century theme - different to 'Through the Rift' and any historical themes as it gives a whole range to imagination... *starts daydreaming costumes*

Torchwood in India comes from the radio play 'Golden Age' that went out the week before CoE, where Jack, Ianto and Gwen ended up visiting the old Torchwood India base...

Just a thought, how about A Day in the Countryside?

Farmers, cannibals, tractors, Ianto in jeans ( :YAHOO: ) What more could you want from a party?

I was thinking of much the same thing - gives everyone plenty of scope for costumes etc.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please make one of the themes something I can wear a silver prom-ish dress too. Because then I'd have an excuse for buying the silver prom-ish dress I just bought xD

/sorry xD

Maybe a Torchwood of the Future in light of the new series being announced. =D

Yes, do it, Future Torchwood!! That has so much scope for imagination - what would Jack/Ianto/Gwen etc be like in 50/100/5000 years ;):YAHOO:

Kacey has an idea,

but how about Torchwood through the ages? it'd click with the flashbacks, give ppl a chance to imagine both future and past incarnations of torchwood and give those among us with a flair for the victorian a chance to show off

• 2 weeks later...

Torchwood India is a good idea but it would be a bit repetitive for me as my costume for Out Of The Rain last time was a belly dancer outfit and I will have just started Uni then so I can't really spalsh out on new costumes :S

1940's at Hub1 was lovely, especially with the two ladies we had onstage singing :) Would love to do that again.

In light of the Police party at Hub4 we could have Doctors & Nurses theme in honour of Owen and Rupesh!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of hoping that regardless of what themes get chosen, that ME/SM announce themes sooner rather than later.

I'm leaving Australia on 12 Sept to come over, so it doesn't give me a lot of time to organise anything re costumes, however basic they might be.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one travelling to the UK who may be faced with this issue.

So how about it organisers? When are we likely to find out?