Coming to ET4 alone?

xlorix

Hiya,

I really REALLY want to come to ET4 (will be my first) but just don't think any of my friends can afford it or are bothered enough about Twilight to come with me (more fool them I know!! But am already dragging one to CM16!!) if I came on my own, would I end up looking like a total loser in the corner alone?!? Haha sad I know but if I don't come to this I would feel completely and utterly gutted but am just a lil worried!!

Any advice???

:WINCE:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ET3 was my first Twicon, and my first con alone, and i was worried pretty much about the same things as you. Within 5 minutes of arriving at the hotel i made a friend, and it kept getting better from there, over the weekend i made about 15 great friends, and we talk to each other a lot now on here, facebook, twitter, etc. Everyone at these events is so friendly that you'll never feel alone. If people see you by yourself there's a good chance they'll come over and talk to you, and you'll be friends straight away cos everyone has at least one thing in common :)

You'll have a great time, make lots of friends, and it'll be an absolutely brilliant weekend :)

Hiya,

I really REALLY want to come to ET4 (will be my first) but just don't think any of my friends can afford it or are bothered enough about Twilight to come with me (more fool them I know!! But am already dragging one to CM16!!) if I came on my own, would I end up looking like a total loser in the corner alone?!? Haha sad I know but if I don't come to this I would feel completely and utterly gutted but am just a lil worried!!

Any advice???

:dance:

lol this was the exact same thing i was worried about . but im not going alone exactly im going with a friend but i was worried cause she was a silver ticket and i was standard so im not sure if we will b together alot but everyone on here make you feel a lot better about it and i hope its like they say.

Thank you all for your replies.. Seems I should just take the plunge then!! Have been Collectormania 5 or 6 times but this i am sooo much excited for!! Wanting to get a silver ticket so I hope there's some left by the time I get paid :firedevil: think this is gonna end up costing me a bomb with hotel etc as want to stay in Hilton so there's less chance of being a loner!!. (I hope!!!) Haha but worth it!!

And thanks for the advice regarding Spock ears :D

Hi, there are quite a few of us going by ourselves (I'm one of them). I've started a singleton thread hoping (Click here) to get to know a few people before I go, but like everyone said at ET2 I got talking to anyone and everyone. I know it will be abit scary if it's your first con, but you'll having nothing to worry about.

yep Gemini (Bloodjunkie) always organises the eternal ones meet up and she has a topic for that (see below) There is also usually a facebook group you can sign up to as well.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=56269

There are quite a few others that meet up before hand too, so keep an eye on the forum

They always meet up around 4pm on the first day, so that is perfect to make friends with people before the con gets fully underway

As others have suggested, friend as many as you can on facebook, I absolutely love coming to the con to see all the fab forum friends I have met on here.

The only problem? You spend the rest of your year waiting til the next con! ;)

Edited by Rhianydd

yep Gemini (Bloodjunkie) always organises the eternal ones meet up and she has a topic for that (see below) There is also usually a facebook group you can sign up to as well.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=56269

There are quite a few others that meet up before hand too, so keep an eye on the forum

They always meet up around 4pm on the first day, so that is perfect to make friends with people before the con gets fully underway

As others have suggested, friend as many as you can on facebook, I absolutely love coming to the con to see all the fab forum friends I have met on here.

The only problem? You spend the rest of your year waiting til the next con! ;)

lol Rhi that is quite true - its along wait until October but there's always other events in between - I can't wait to meet up again with everyone I've met on here I have such a great time.

It doesn't matter if you are on your own at all as everyone else has said on here - we are all very friendly one big Twilight family and we have a great time at the Cons - you will have a fantastic time dressing up and meeting everyone off the forum.

Roll on ET4 ;)

Hey :)It's my first con too! *puts hand up for high-five*

Just looking around these forums have made me realise that people are really friendly!! I'm so excited (like i've said in a couple of other forums :thumbup: ) and I want to meet new people.

I'm not going alone - I'm with my dear old mother :D

You should defo get a Silver ticket (I have!)!

x

Hiya,

Any advice???

:thumbup:

My advice is... make friends with people before you go (i.e. ME!) lol.

x

You seriously make so many amazing friends, me and my friend went to proms,yeah not alone but still but we met up with people and now cant get rid of them :P (thats a good thing)

and dan (InYourHonour) i wouldnt let you not say hi lmao. i was like OOO i no you.

:D

You seriously make so many amazing friends, me and my friend went to proms,yeah not alone but still but we met up with people and now cant get rid of them :P (thats a good thing)

and dan (InYourHonour) i wouldnt let you not say hi lmao. i was like OOO i no you.

lmao i know, you attacked me ;) hahahaha

ambushed me at the opening ceremony lmao

lmao i know, you attacked me ;) hahahaha

ambushed me at the opening ceremony lmao

lol sounds like the previous ET's have been great. ;) x