Books HELP :)

lil nightmare

I was abit worried about the screen looking like a computer, but it doesn't. it's easier to hold than a book. It's very light and very thin. Must buy a cover for it next month when I've got some spare money. I've just bought a few books, so will give it a test in a few days after I've read Paige's book. but so far so good. If I get a cover in time I'll be bring it to con, so if I see you around you can have a look :D

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to look into that book, maybe it's something I might enjoy.

EDIT: ok so I'm playing. I've read a few chapters of Dime Store Magic. so I thought I'd treat myself to a fiddle of the Kindle.

Just trying to decide what colour to order for the cover! I was hopong they'd have a white one, but I think I'll hacve to stick with Black when I can afford it.

Edited by ~Jenny~

3 charlene harris books (but not true blood)

Would they be the Harper Connelly books ? I loved them !

I love the House of night books (I have a crush on Stark lol) & Ive just finished the 2nd Morganville Vampires book. Im really enjoying them.

A friend of mine recommended The Immortals books by Alyson Noel but Ive not gotten to them yet.

Edited by Mrs Cullen

3 charlene harris books (but not true blood)

Would they be the Harper Connelly books ? I loved them !

I love the House of night books (I have a crush on Stark lol) & Ive just finished the 2nd Morganville Vampires book. Im really enjoying them.

A friend of mine recommended The Immortals books by Alyson Noel but Ive not gotten to them yet.

I love The Immortal books can't wait for the next one to come out at the beginning of next month I think it is. Got to admit I've been so drawn into the Dark Series by Christine Feehan I may have to read the third book of The Immortals again as I can't remember what happened. I'm now on the second to last (currently published books) of the Dark Series but luckily there is like 3 others out there which are bind up books with other authors so may have to get those at some point so I can fill in the blanks on three Carpathian pairs I dont know much about.

My guilty pleasure at the moment is the Blue Blood books. They are so easy to read and all about vampires in NYC :D

If you want something to read with actual substance though, I'd suggest any of the Vampire Academy books, Morganville Vampires, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. Uh huh.

I've just looked at my order and it's says that it will be posted on the 4th. I should get it about the 7th. Which if thats true I'll be gutted about. A freind pre-ordered it from Waterstones and they said it could take about a week after the release date for it to arrive. I'm still hopefully I can get it on the Kindle, before I start work. But I doubt it :D I'm dying to know who she picks *fingers crossed* It's Marc.

lol, not many people have send anything online. Don't know whether I'm gutted about that or happy. Well just tried again for the Kinlde and it's still not out. :lol: I really wanted to start it today and have it read over the weekend.

OK, it's not a vampire book, but has anyone else read The Hunger Games trilogy? They're being heralded as the next big YA series after Twilight and the first two are fantastic. I'm just waiting impatiently for the third to arrive on my doorstep, thought I'd pop in and see if anyone else is in a similar situation. :D

I LOVED the hunger games :) saved me from boredom when i had no internet for a few days. It was one of those where i couldn't stop reading till i'd finished the trilogy :) Peeta <3 .... I will admit Mockingjay is awesome but it didn't suck me in as much as Hunger games and Catching fire did.... but did i say peeta <3 lol

I have Torment but am worried the pages will look tatty before I get it signed if I read it!

Also have Dark Flame but it's been nicked off into someones room lol!!

Just as a heads up, Angel by LA Weatherly is being slated as the 'next big thing' so I can't wait to get my hands on that and meet the author! The book came out today by the way :)

I'm worried about that as well. for both Torment and Angel (ordered them yesterday). Tried getting them from the library, but don't think they'll arrived in time to read them. Not too bothered about Crescendo as it's hardback so it should be ok. Fingers crossed it arrives in time, after all the trouble I'm having with Alpha it might be a problem. BTW Jazz. On Amazon it now says 10 - 14 days, :D so maybe you won't have to worry about missing your train stop because of it after all. :D

Might see how much they are for the Kindle.

Edited by ~Jenny~

I've just bumped mine up too first class. It's goinng to cost £2.75 postage, but I don't care if I get it quicker.

Have you had an email? I haven't. Normally they'll send one if anything changes, so I'm thinking, maybe they got some in today, but not enough to cover everyone's orders. And no email, means we might be one of the lucky one. Well thats what I'm hoping for anyway. *fingers crossed* :D

EDIT: just looked at open orders and saw this

We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will be dispatched separately. You can cancel at any time.

Cancelled Amazon and ordered from here

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780778304043/Alpha

Fingers crossed it was the right thing to do.

Edited by ~Jenny~

I ordered mine 9th July So maybe. Mind I did order the 17th March, but they cancelled it for me! GUTTED! Where I ordered it says it's in stock, so I should get it next week. If Waterstones get it first I'll buy it there and take the other one back with its receipt.

EDIT: got a really bad feeling, maybe because I changed to first class is the reason for me getting that message. and now I've cancelled it.

Edited by ~Jenny~