Books HELP :)

lil nightmare

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally found The Works the only thing with it as it's tiny. Mind if I'd known about it before I would of saved abit.

Finished Kiss of Death last night, Looking foward to the next one. At least we don't have ages to wait. By the time everything else I want to read comes out the next one will be about due.

EDIT: Just got Bitten from Library so I'll start and read that tomorrow.

Edited by ~Jenny~

Out of the 2 Hush, Hush is my Favourite, but I readlly liked Fallen as well. Angel is out Oct 1st, not sure whether I'm going to get it before the Con or while I'm at the Con. Knowing me I'll end up doing both. One copy to read the other to get signed.

I love the Morganville stories!! 3 for £5 at The Works!!

Ordered Ghost Town from Amazon but its not realised until October/Novemer time!! :D

ooo thanks gonna have to head to town moranville are on my to get list

Has anyone read the books by all 3 of the authors at ET4? If so, which would they recommend?

I liked Fallen better than hush hush but they are both great books

Yup Clay changed her and yes it is really similar to Stray but I think Bitten was first and if you get through Bitten and Stolen then the series opens up into a much wider world with witches, socerers, vampires, necromancers and it really is worth it I promise!

I will read the series. I've just wrote the series down so I don't have to keep looking through old posts.

So far Clay is reminding me to much of Marc. Even the run through the forest was kinda the same and their whole relationship so far is the same. I do think I'll get into it. I bet I'll end up loving it and adding it to the long list of books I NEED to buy. I just read something at the end I shouldn't of tho. I was worried untill I looked up the next book. I should really learn not to do that.

I did the same thing at some point with this series as well lol no the whole series as a whole I think I enjoy more than the Shifters series even though the beginnings of them are clearly very similar but this does just go on to have a much wider cast of main characters which is good but I do understand that Bitten and Stray are practically the same book :)

Cheers. didn't think they'd be that many. I've read abit more today. It's taking abit longer to read than normal. Which is a good thing. I'll order book 2 maybe on Monday.

EDIT: I'm hoping going to a bigger Works on Monday and I was wondering which series people can recommend?

Here is my bookselves, (took photo's for the Book Club on facebook, so i thought it would save me a job of typing them all out.) :)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t185/fr...buffy/book1.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t185/fr...buffy/book2.jpg

Edited by ~Jenny~

Not sure if it would be in a wroks bookshop but I read the first of Laurell K Hamiltons Anita Blake series and it was ok I enjoyed it but not the same way I enjoyed Vampire Academy or Shifters or Kelley Armstrong but if you've got nothing better to read and can find it in the works cheap give it a try I ordered the second and third book but haven't read them yet still finishing off Kelley Armstrong.

Also look out for Melissa Marr and Holly Black (Tithe, Ironside and Valiant) and Malorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses series is good though nothing like anything we've discussed on this thread :)

The Laurell K Hamilton books are great i got 3 of my friends reading them and they were hooked.....Warning tho they do get VERY sexual as the series progresses (definatly more explicit than the Kelley Armstrong ones)!!!! I think they are amazing books second paranormal series i read after The Woman of the Otherworld series

Cheers. didn't think they'd be that many. I've read abit more today. It's taking abit longer to read than normal. Which is a good thing. I'll order book 2 maybe on Monday.

EDIT: I'm hoping going to a bigger Works on Monday and I was wondering which series people can recommend?

Here is my bookselves, (took photo's for the Book Club on facebook, so i thought it would save me a job of typing them all out.) :)

I spy a star from Proms :D

Melissa Marr and Holly Black both deal with paranormal romances but Malorie Blackman is a kind of love story I suppose but no paranormal-ness but it's a decent read ooooo also Frank Beddor the looking glass wars it's a reinterpretation of Alice in Wonderland and it's quite good too :)

I spy a star from Proms :poki:

:dance: Well I would recommend about 90% of my collection. The only thing I wouldn't would be the House of Night series.

Just getting ready to go shopping for the day. Fingers crossed I come home with so bargins from Works. (and finished sorting out my outfits for Friday and Saturday night's parties.)