Books HELP :)

lil nightmare

Just finished linger, what an ending, I will admit I cried.

Oh gosh. Nothing bad happens at the end of the book the does it? I can guess what might happen in the book. I just hope that what I think might happen doesn't actually happen...

I'm still waiting for the book to arrive in the post. I have my fingers crossed tomorrow is the day it finally decides to make an appearance through my letter box.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't spoil it for you or anyone else who is going to read it. You should enjoy it, I really did. Can't wait for the spoilers for the last one Forever. Can't believe tho we've got to wait a year for the last one. How unfair is that.

Just finished Linger too....myyyy gawwwd what an awesome ending! I'm actually really glad/relieved that there will be just one more book, I like the thought of it being a trilogy...I tend to get slightly bored when a series go on for like...ever :firedevil:

Just finished Linger too....myyyy gawwwd what an awesome ending! I'm actually really glad/relieved that there will be just one more book, I like the thought of it being a trilogy...I tend to get slightly bored when a series go on for like...ever :firedevil:

I think I'm up to about page 180 of Linger at the moment, Im gonna be sad and say I miss the temperature things at the beginning of the chapters. Got a bit confused at first with the mental changing of characters in each chapter and sometimes I forget whose prespective I'm reading the chapter from. Happy everyone likes it though so I'm sure I'll love it when I've finished it.

For some reason I've got a book of some description stuck in my head and can't think which one it is so was wondering if anyone could suss it out for me. I'm remembering someone walking near a forest and hearing a voice, going to investigate and falling in a river type thing then someone saving her but can't remember who and some guy finding her who she fancies and him taking her back to her house and putting her in the bath and the mirror shattering. Thats about all I can remember....anyone got any idea which book I'm thinking of cause its driving me crazy!!!

They did do the little rain drop and leaf thing. I did find it strange not to have the temp this time tho. What do people think of Cole? I still can't make my mind up about him.

EDIT: I've just been looking into, Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. Please can someone tell me which is the first few books. Was plannning on ordering them from the Library. But it doesn't say the numbers of them. Don't fancy starting them off half way through the series. :)

Cheers :o

Edited by ~Jenny~

They did do the little rain drop and leaf thing. I did find it strange not to have the temp this time tho. What do people think of Cole? I still can't make my mind up about him.

EDIT: I've just been looking into, Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. Please can someone tell me which is the first few books. Was plannning on ordering them from the Library. But it doesn't say the numbers of them. Don't fancy starting them off half way through the series. :)

Cheers :(

the Women of the Otherworld series goes

Bitten, Stolen, Dime Store Magic, Industrial Magic, Haunted, Broken, Personal Demon, No Humans involved, Living with the Dead, Frostbitten

She also has two other books about the same series but i suggest reading the other books first: they are called Men of the Otherworld and Tales of the Otherworld!

These are amazing books think after Buffy they were the first Supernatural style book i read. they are very good!!

Edited by queen-of-hearts

I like Cole actually! He really grew on me near the end, it'll be nice for Sam to have a friend :D

I've got the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong, haven't read them yet though :D

Edited by Holly

I've got the first book from the Darkest Powers series but I also still have Personal Demon onwards plus s of the Otherworld and Men of the Otherworld to read I'ma busy little bee atm if bee's could read . . . :)

yeah thats who i thought to but i also think jailbait might be Lissa sister.

Can't wait to see who the 6 spin off books are about.

I was wondering about that too. I have an ickling it will be jailbait :thumbup:

I may need to read the end again, but I didn't think we found out if she had a brother or a sister. I do like the idea tho. Is it December yet? :D

Was gutted today when to the Library to ask it the books I ordered last week are in yet and they won't. I've got no new reading material till at the earlest Friday.

Edited by ~Jenny~

yeah thats who i thought to but i also think jailbait might be Lissa sister.

I may need to read the end again, but I didn't think we found out if she had a brother or a sister. I do like the idea tho. Is it December yet? :wub:

Was gutted today when to the Library to ask it the books I ordered last week are in yet and they won't. I've got no new reading material till at the earlest Friday.

They never specified the gender of the sibling in the books. I like the idea of Jailbait being the other Dragomir though. At least it's a character we've already been introduced to... and I hope these posts aren't becoming too spoiler-ish

^I really don’t know how you can even cope waiting until Friday for new books.

True. I'll move to spoiler tag (And edit the other posts as well) Yes, the more I think about it, the more I'll like it to be her. I'm guessing she could be around the right age. Hopefully Richelle will start to post spoilers soon as I don't think I can cope for a whole 4 months. Waiting 12 hours for Shadow Kiss was bad enough. I'm so glad I've only just go into them. god me me and the people around me if it was longer.

I think I'm going to read The Renegade Hunter By Lynsay Sands (The Argeneau/Rogue Hunter Series) The new book is out next month, so while I've got nothin else to read I may as well re-fresh my memory of it. Hopuflly the other books will arrive before I finish it.

OMG I've just been looking into which books I've got coming out in the next few months. God knows how I'm going to be able to afford them. Normally I'll read the series before I get a new one. I think I'll just have to make do with the last book this time.

Demon From The Dark ~ Kresley Cole (USA) ~ 24th August 2010

Born To Bite ~ Lynsay Sands ~ 31st August 2010.

Eat, Prey, Love ~ Kerrelyn Sparks ~ 28th September 2010

Taken By Midnight ~ Lara Adrian (USA) ~ 28th September 2010

Torment ~ Lauren Kate ~ 30th September 2010

Alpha ~ Rachel Vincent ~ 1st October 2010

Angel ~ L.A Weatherby ~ 1st October 2010

Crescendo ~ Becca Fitzpatrick ~ 14th October 2010

Hungry For You ~ Lynsay Sands ~ 30th November 2010

Last Sacrifice ~ Richelle Mead ~ 6th December 2010

My Soul To Steal ~ Rachel Vincent (USA) ~ 1st January 2011

No Mercy ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon ~ 7th April 2011

Cassandra Palmer Book 5 ~ Karen Chance ~ June 2011

Edited by ~Jenny~

The only good thing is I've pre-ordered 6 of them and aere paying less thana fiver each, so it's not too bad. It's the ones I get from USA that work out pricey.

Damn forgot about that one! So there's another added! :)

Has anyone read The Hollow by Jessica Verday? I loved it and the next book the Haunted is out soon. Also Immortal by Gillian Shields the next one called Betrayal is out this month yay! Im on book 3 of Morganville and had me thinking where the hell have these books been all my life! love them! linger was amazing and i cried my eyes out as i did with shiver. they are definately 2 of my fave books of alltime. im currently contemplating buying Dark Flame (book 4 of the immortals by alyson noel) from america because i dont want to wait until its released here in october. a good stand alone book i recently read was The Splendour Falls it was lovely. also secret circle trilogy by l j smith, took me a while to get into it but by the end i loved it. also cant wait for Afterlife which is book 4 of Evernight series Hourglass the 3rd book was recently released and ended on a cliffhanger! i've got the blue bloods books in my basket on amazon at the moment and will prob buy those when ive finished morganville. im just addicted to reading at the moment. and im also writing my own book at the moment trying to squeeze it into my schedule. got L J Smith's forbidden game bind up and dark visions bind up today so got to read those along the line somewhere too!

Has anyone read The Hollow by Jessica Verday? I loved it and the next book the Haunted is out soon. Also Immortal by Gillian Shields the next one called Betrayal is out this month yay! Im on book 3 of Morganville and had me thinking where the hell have these books been all my life! love them! linger was amazing and i cried my eyes out as i did with shiver. they are definately 2 of my fave books of alltime. im currently contemplating buying Dark Flame (book 4 of the immortals by alyson noel) from america because i dont want to wait until its released here in october. a good stand alone book i recently read was The Splendour Falls it was lovely. also secret circle trilogy by l j smith, took me a while to get into it but by the end i loved it. also cant wait for Afterlife which is book 4 of Evernight series Hourglass the 3rd book was recently released and ended on a cliffhanger! i've got the blue bloods books in my basket on amazon at the moment and will prob buy those when ive finished morganville. im just addicted to reading at the moment. and im also writing my own book at the moment trying to squeeze it into my schedule. got L J Smith's forbidden game bind up and dark visions bind up today so got to read those along the line somewhere too!

I really enjoyed Dark visions. Was quite sad when it finished :P (not because of the ending but just coz it had finished lol).

The Morganville books are amazing! Can not wait for the next one! I still need to buy Linger. Actually, I think I'll go buy it of Amazon right now lol. I also need to get the Forbidden games bind up too! Read them back in School so it's been an age lol!

How's the writing coming along?

I'm so excited I've just ordered a signed copy of Taken By Midnight by Lara Adrian. It only cost £10.05 and thats with postage from the USA. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Oh how awesome! Where did you buy it from?

Books 1,2,3 and 5 of the Morganville series have finally arrived at the library today, I'll start on the first one later. If they are good I might treat myself to them as I think in Tesco they are in the 2 for 1 offer.

I got it from her website. I've asked a few other authors about doing it. So hopefully I'll get something signed by Rachel Vincent, Lynsay Sands, Kresley Cole and of course Richelle Mead. As I didn't go to ET3 to meet her.

Hey, I'm after some advice! I've got the first 5 of the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine. Book 6 I'm third in the Q to get it on the Library so it maybe be about 2 months+ for me to read it. So I'm wondering if I should just buy them. I enjoyed the first one and I'm half way through number 2 and I love it so far. So I was just wonder if they get even better. I've heard good comments, so I'm think along the lines of yes I should just get them, but I thought I'd ask people who has the same sort of taste to books as me, hence me asking on here :D Before I spend the money.

Cheers :D