Latest Guest Announcement - NAOKO MORI

Massive Events

how are the ticket sales looking?

We haven't had 'low tickets' warnings for any of the ticket types yet... although there may be quite a few more people buying tickets now Naoko has been announced...

man i wasnt planning to go to the hub, cant really afford it, and what if she cancels. its a big risk and expense for me. hummm i dont know what to do

are photo shoots available on the day to buy?

Yeah, (assuming of course that she is doing a shoot, which I will be VERY disappointed if she is not) they'll be available to buy during the weekend for standards to get them and silver/gold to get extra if they want.

If she doesn't do a photoshoot, I will honest to god, curl up in a ball and cry!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't had 'low tickets' warnings for any of the ticket types yet... although there may be quite a few more people buying tickets now Naoko has been announced...

man i wasnt planning to go to the hub, cant really afford it, and what if she cancels. its a big risk and expense for me. hummm i dont know what to do

Yeah, (assuming of course that she is doing a shoot, which I will be VERY disappointed if she is not) they'll be available to buy during the weekend for standards to get them and silver/gold to get extra if they want.

now see, possible no photo shoot? hummm i just dont know, if i bought a silver and there was no shoot i swear id beat someone! i dont know what to do

now see, possible no photo shoot? hummm i just dont know, if i bought a silver and there was no shoot i swear id beat someone! i dont know what to do

The only guests who have not done a photo shoot at The Hub so far were one day guests as far as I remember. I really can not see Naoko not doing one. She is there both days and one of the main guests. I'd be very surprised if there was none.

It is risky if you are only really going for one person...as people have found out in the past when that person has cancelled. As etmuse has said Naoko will increase ticket sales, although I wouldn't think it will cause a sell out. I suggest you budget to go and buy a ticket at the last minute (on the day), all the while keeping an eye out for a 'low tickets' announcement.

As for what ticket type, the main bits of info are; standard will get you one auto (extras available, usually £10) from everyone plus a talks seat. Photoshoots are an extra cost. Usually £10 although some are £15 (possibly Naoko & Eve). Silver, is the same as standard plus, talk seat closer to the front, and a photoshoot with every guest (that has them). The difference in price between Standard/Silver is £57. So if you plan on having a photoshoot with six guests, £60, then you may as well get silver. Gold is seats nearest the front plus the exclusive drinks reception with the guests. The exact costs of the extra auto/photos usually get announced nearer the event but this should help you plan a bit.

It is risky if you are only really going for one person...as people have found out in the past when that person has cancelled. As etmuse has said Naoko will increase ticket sales, although I wouldn't think it will cause a sell out. I suggest you budget to go and buy a ticket at the last minute (on the day), all the while keeping an eye out for a 'low tickets' announcement.

As for what ticket type, the main bits of info are; standard will get you one auto (extras available, usually £10) from everyone plus a talks seat. Photoshoots are an extra cost. Usually £10 although some are £15 (possibly Naoko & Eve). Silver, is the same as standard plus, talk seat closer to the front, and a photoshoot with every guest (that has them). The difference in price between Standard/Silver is £57. So if you plan on having a photoshoot with six guests, £60, then you may as well get silver. Gold is seats nearest the front plus the exclusive drinks reception with the guests. The exact costs of the extra auto/photos usually get announced nearer the event but this should help you plan a bit.

yer cheers, think ill leave it till late on and perhaps go silver, this also depends on if i can kip at a mates cos i cant afford the works on a last min con as it were. yer im only wanting to go cos of naoko, eve is a nice bonus if I do go but thats it. will have to decide nearer the time. i might go silver anyway if i do just to guarantee a shoot with naoko and eve.

decisions decisions

• Moderators

You don't need silver or gold to 'guarantee' a photo shoot with anyone who is doing one - there's always time set in the schedule for standard ticket holders who bought a shoot ticket to get their photos done. If you would ONLY want shoots with 2 or 3 guests (and aren't bothered by sitting further back in the talks) then standard may be better value.

You don't need silver or gold to 'guarantee' a photo shoot with anyone who is doing one - there's always time set in the schedule for standard ticket holders who bought a shoot ticket to get their photos done. If you would ONLY want shoots with 2 or 3 guests (and aren't bothered by sitting further back in the talks) then standard may be better value.

cheers, yer naoko is my draw for this particular con, but If I go Ill also want a photo with eve. are shoots not available online for standards to buy? or only at the hotel at what, the orgs desk?

• Moderators

Sometimes they are available online, but often not - they're always available at the registration desk though. Same with extra autograph tickets. (I already know I need to get at least one extra auto from Naoko, for my sister who can't do this one.)

Edited by etmuse

I'm still really excited about this announcement lol, I really can't wait to meet Naoko. I rewatched her final moment as Toshiko last night and they still make me well up every single time, she's such a fantastic actress. Thank you so much Showmasters and Massive Events for asking her to come to this event, this convention is going to be brilliant. :P

sooooooooooooo happy haven't met her yet so really pleased she's been announced

now if we can have burn that would be great i know i'm being greedy but after this con he's gonna be the only torchwood member i've not met soooooooo please pretty please lol

so happy

Edited by happy gareth fan

ok ive asked a friend who lives in northampton who im staying with for chevron in nov about staying with him and he apparently lives near the station. so thats that sorted,

where is the best place to get cheap train tickets these days?

ive pretty much decided, naoko is worth it and eve is a nice bonus,

now just gotta book the time off work and buy a ticket

lol ive just started seeing someone amazing and beautiful last week, if i dont F it up and its all going well, how am I gonna explain im going all the way to northampton last minute cos of naoko mori lol humm this might be tough as the 3 weekends prior to this i will be working, damn it, more thinking needed before i buy a ticket, I really need to stop thinking whilst typing lol

ok ive asked a friend who lives in northampton who im staying with for chevron in nov about staying with him and he apparently lives near the station. so thats that sorted,

ive pretty much decided, naoko is worth it and eve is a nice bonus,

now just gotta book the time off work and buy a ticket

lol ive just started seeing someone amazing and beautiful last week, if i dont F it up and its all going well, how am I gonna explain im going all the way to northampton last minute cos of naoko mori lol humm this might be tough as the 3 weekends prior to this i will be working, damn it, more thinking needed before i buy a ticket, I really need to stop thinking whilst typing lol

Trainline is best for cheap tickets but they haven't released there advanced fares yet, I checked last night and was quote £50+ which is more expensive then the previous Hubs and Gareth.

Coming from London (Euston), eastcoast.co.uk have tickets from £6 each way.

cheapest return i can find is 28 quid and the sunday can only get back to milton keynes cos of works lol, humm more thought needs to be put into this one I think, maybe come back on the monday

how do do know when is peak and off peak?

Coming from London (Euston), eastcoast.co.uk have tickets from £6 each way.

cheapest return i can find is 28 quid and the sunday can only get back to milton keynes cos of works lol, humm more thought needs to be put into this one I think, maybe come back on the monday

how do do know when is peak and off peak?

Best bet is to wait as the advanced fares are not yet released (currently looking at a mind numbing £52!). Peak is before 9am and I think around 5pm as that's when rush hour is and the rest of the day is off-peak.

cheapest return i can find is 28 quid and the sunday can only get back to milton keynes

According to Network Rail http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk you can do it all by train for £28.50 return on the Sunday, you just have to change at Rugby. Even £28 is cheaper than a further night in a hotel. But if you ttry a single on Sunday Northmpton to rugby, rugby to London on the other site it might give you a better price

Best bet is to wait as the advanced fares are not yet released (currently looking at a mind numbing £52!).

You sure they haven't been and gone? Its usually 12 weeks before they go online. That can vary if there's engineering.

Edited by TerraHawk