X-Files con?

Touchstone

I was just wandering whether Showmasters would ever be willing to set up an X-Files con? I mean it's not like it's a new idea or anything...

...the last UK X-Files con I'm aware of was back in the 90's and there's cons for it in both Germany and the states *I think* but so far, nothing over here :D

Anyways I was just wandering whether anyone else would like to see one, or is it a complete waste of time?

Thanks for reading :P

I was just wandering whether Showmasters would ever be willing to set up an X-Files con? I mean it's not like it's a new idea or anything...

...the last UK X-Files con I'm aware of was back in the 90's and there's cons for it in both Germany and the states *I think* but so far, nothing over here :blush:

Anyways I was just wandering whether anyone else would like to see one, or is it a complete waste of time?

Thanks for reading :D

I would attend! Whether an event were viable would I guess depend on the calibre of the guests. I'd like to see Nick Lea and Steven Williams at a UK event.

As I understand, the German Con had to cancel two of its main guests (2 of The Lone Gunmen) due to low ticket sales.

I'd love to see an X-Files con but don't know how viable it would be with the show ending so long ago. It would be good to see some of the cast at LFCC or CM events though. Perhaps if they were busy SM could then consider a con.

Guests I would like to see are Nicholas Lea, Steven Williams, Mitch Pileggi (met him a while ago and would definitely go to see him again), any of the Lone Gunmen, Brian Thompson. Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny would be good as well but that's unlikely to happen.

doesnt gillian live in london?

id kill for a shoot with her and david together or seperate

Yes she does, and in recent times has developed an aversion to signing anything X-Files related, which is curious... Its not often you get a chance to have a picture with her either - this one was taken at a charity event. I don't think she smiled in pictures with with anyone that day, despite the huge ticket price! All for a good cause though...

gilliananderson.jpg

doesnt gillian live in london?

id kill for a shoot with her and david together or seperate

Yes she does, and in recent times has developed an aversion to signing anything X-Files related, which is curious... Its not often you get a chance to have a picture with her either - this one was taken at a charity event. I don't think she smiled in pictures with with anyone that day, despite the huge ticket price! All for a good cause though...

gilliananderson.jpg

Really?! damn I was hoping she'd at least turn up to something X-Files related as I missed her & David signing stuff for IWTB at Forbidden Planet in 2008 :thumbup:

I'd be totally up for an X-Files event, or maybe to make it a bit more do-able, it could be an Aliens/UFO based event? Then you could add shows like Roswell in the mix to have a bigger list of guests to chose from.

It's funny this has been mentioned since I noticed Mitch Pileggi (sp?) at one of the other events last year.

I'd be totally up for an X-Files event, or maybe to make it a bit more do-able, it could be an Aliens/UFO based event? Then you could add shows like Roswell in the mix to have a bigger list of guests to chose from.

It's funny this has been mentioned since I noticed Mitch Pileggi (sp?) at one of the other events last year.

That's a really awesome idea and pretty much practicle, maybe they could add Millenium in too :chair:

and in regards to your last statement Mitch was at Collectables in November 2009 (I can't quite remember what month it was *memory failing*) but he's a really nice guy, signed my Sixth Extinction script too :o my camera got broken so I didn't get a picture :angry:

That's a really awesome idea and pretty much practicle, maybe they could add Millenium in too :D

and in regards to your last statement Mitch was at Collectables in November 2009 (I can't quite remember what month it was *memory failing*) but he's a really nice guy, signed my Sixth Extinction script too :unsure: my camera got broken so I didn't get a picture :chair:

I agree that he is a really nice bloke, especially as he stooped down when I got my photo taken with him 'cos he's so much taller than me (as is just about everyone :lol: ) and he didn't want to appear to be towering over me.

A friendly piece of advice Touchstone, we're not supposed to mention or talk about rival events on here.

Really?! damn I was hoping she'd at least turn up to something X-Files related as I missed her & David signing stuff for IWTB at Forbidden Planet in 2008 :unsure:

That's been her policy for a while now, don't know why. Not sure that you missed Gillian and David - Chris Carter and FRank Spotnitz were the ones signing at Forbidden Planet! Unless I missed something which would make me very grumpy...

Yeah, it was just Chris and Frank there as I went...queued from a very early hour of the morning!! They also did an event at HMV in London but I couldnt go to that.

lonegunman - youre so lucky to have a pic with Gillian! I met her at her play in London earlier this year and she flat out denied me even though I was the only fan there at the time!

Would <3 an XFiles con or even just XFiles guests at a signing event as there never are any. With such a long running show there would be plenty to chose from. It baffles me why there havent been any at all since LFCC and CMs started.

xxxx

Yeah, meeting Gilian can be a little tricky.

She denied me too once saying "I don't sign X Files." Which was kind of funny really because I had spent days trying to come up with a non-X-Files photo and finally had found a photo I really liked from "The house of Mirth."

Yeah, meeting Gilian can be a little tricky.

She denied me too once saying "I don't sign X Files." Which was kind of funny really because I had spent days trying to come up with a non-X-Files photo and finally had found a photo I really liked from "The house of Mirth."

Luckily I met her a couple of times at the IWTB premiere so she kinda had to sign XFiles stuff there! I got a 10x8 done and my box set lid. I'm quite proud that now as it's signed by David, Gillian, Chris, Frank, Adam Baldwin and Mitch Pileggi <3

xxxx

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hell yes, would love to see an X-files con. I'd imagine SM have some good relationship with some X-files actors already anyway. Had lots of guys who've been in an episode or 2, plus Robert Patrick. Then try for the bigger boys, Duchovney, Anderson, the lone gunman guys.

On a personal note, Doug Hutchison would be my Ubber guest. Adrian Victor Tooms was my favourite character ever in the show and the episodes around him were just epic!

Hell yes, would love to see an X-files con. I'd imagine SM have some good relationship with some X-files actors already anyway. Had lots of guys who've been in an episode or 2, plus Robert Patrick. Then try for the bigger boys, Duchovney, Anderson, the lone gunman guys.

On a personal note, Doug Hutchison would be my Ubber guest. Adrian Victor Tooms was my favourite character ever in the show and the episodes around him were just epic!

That would be Eugene Victor Tooms...