Comments about Saturday

Poppy

"Well they want all the press coverage they can get, free publicity for the next one".

Totaly agree, the press is needed and from what I have seen has been very positive. (with a recent exception :angel: )

At the last SM event I went to, a press guy asked me if it was ok to go in front of me in the queue (I was next to have an auto) to take a photo, I said ok, (actually spoke to him later in the day, about the camera he was using, lighting effects etc.. v friendly) anyhow, he then asked the guest if he could do some photos, the guest said not now, but later, and off the press guy went. respect.

From personal experience, and what I have seen the camera crews which interview people have all been professional, who show respect to the people and guests alike, if they want to be filmed interviewed etc.. . for Eg...in the NOES talk, it was announced at the beginning, that it would be filmed for a documentary.....fine..

As said in the earlier post, I was merely pointing out about what i saw this individual press guy did, do, (in my opinion) in a "in your face Paparazzi style" take photos of the guests, without showing respect to the guest or people in the queue. As everyone would agree this, is not wanted or welcomed at an event.

But theres always one :D .......

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See not only do Too Tall and the crew now know who you are and what you do at events Owl Post, but the fans do too.

I for one will be pointing you out to the crew if I see you breaking the rules so openly again at an event. I have had things ruined for me too many times by people like you. I urge anyone on here, if you see anyone breaking the rules, point them out to the crew. You'll be doing the crew, the fans and yourself a favour.

You have an extra pair of eyes in me Too Tall.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

we even had members of the public pointing out people to us who were taking photos when they shouldnt, so it shows there are lots of respectful fans out there..........thankfully :D Its the odd ones who think they are above everyone else.............and had to be told so many times!

There shouldnt even be a need for a thread saying you were stopped from taking photos when there were signs up asking not to do so......nobody should need to explain that people had to be stopped from doing it.......just plain rule breaking!........if the sign is up, dont do it! Common courtesy!!!

Perhaps ejections are in order :D

The reason John didnt want pics while signing? Who knows, its up to him, but the man worked like stink!!!! and everyone who wanted an auto got one.....who would want to be photographed unannounced when they are so busy........all respect where respect is due..............also to the crew, pit bosses, TT and Jason alike that organised the queues

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[

What annoys me the most is that it's people like you that end up getting more than those who are respectful and actually play by the rules. No one deserves that.

so true...

I too agree with this.

I always try to adhere by the rules of SM, as people have said on here if you don't adhere by the rules you can ruin other people's experience and consequently said guest might not want to come back if their requests are not adhered to. I always like to take pictures of the signs that are above the guests if they are no photos allowed signs up and I did so this weekend around John's area as well as some of the other guests. I was told by crew members not to take photos but then told them straight away that it wa sonly of the signs and then showed them the pictures as proof, for which they apologised. I have never had a prblem adhering to the rules and people should not think that they should be the one acception to the rule. When John was leaving the building at the end of the day I was stood there when Too Tall told several people waiting near the queue not to take pictures of John when he was leaving. I hope that the crew and other attendees are mindful of people trying to spoil events for others.

And on a side note, I beleive, and I think his name is Giles? who i saw walking round all weekend is an official photographer of SM corrcect me if I'm wrong but he was in front of me when I went for John's auto and John happily allowed his to take a few pictures of him

we even had members of the public pointing out people to us who were taking photos when they shouldnt, so it shows there are lots of respectful fans out there..........thankfully :D Its the odd ones who think they are above everyone else.............and had to be told so many times!

The first time I crewed (LFCC) I had a couple walk right down into my autograph section and start snapping photos of Scott Bakula and Keeley Hawes over the divider... then ignored me when I politely asked everybody to leave the area. Not just once or twice, but three times! I eventually had to address them directly and tell them that they weren't allowed to be in that area (it's not just rude, it's a potential liability), at which point the woman sneered at me and made an unkind remark about me to her partner. Yes, because I asked her to follow the rules.

The majority of people who go to these events are absolute gems and (in many cases) genuinely apologetic when they realize they've been breaking the rules, but it's the ones who ignore the rules and the crew that ruin it for everybody else, because it means that the crew have to be more forceful with everybody else!

we do our best and also keep the price down all the time , and we look out for you all every time some guest go down in price as well but rarely dose anyone say about that ? Gorge Taki this time for a start ?

Some people notice ...... :D:clap:

Whoo, we the observant!

What annoys me the most is that it's people like you that end up getting more than those who are respectful and actually play by the rules. No one deserves that.

Ugh totally. How gutted was I when people actually asked Leonard Nimoy despite the signs for personalisations got them at MK and I didn't ask and missed and it would have made my year :clap:

Although... back to George Takei, I saw no signs up for no posed photos, and yet when I asked for one, I was told no... he did one anyway pretending to sign my auto, but still that was really odd... it was AFTER his photoshoot (which I went to btw, I just really like over the table ones too as it captures the proper meeting moment) and he's never said no the few other times I've met him. Any idea why this was changed for him at this show?

Probably wasn't looking, but I didn't see any signs over George's section. He was very gracious & readily agreed to a photo & no-one objected. If I had seen a sign I would not have asked.

Ugh totally. How gutted was I when people actually asked Leonard Nimoy despite the signs for personalisations got them at MK and I didn't ask and missed and it would have made my year ;)

Although... back to George Takei, I saw no signs up for no posed photos, and yet when I asked for one, I was told no...

I take your 'gutted' and upgrade it to my 'devastated'. Oh well, we met the legend :wub:

Strange about George as I saw him posing for photos. I would guess you caught him on a temporary 'photo break'.

I can't believe someone would be stupid enough to openly admit to breaking the rules then advocate it, and no the rules aren't there to be broken, if a guest has that in their contract it's not just a rule it's a legality for god's sake.

Talk about trying to ruin it for everyone else.

I also think using crew members would be a problem, I think if the idea were to work it would be the customers reponsibility in a way, just like taking photos over the table is now. I was thinking of more that a guest that was not very busy & was not doing anything could be earning a few pound here and there, rather than standing around looking bored.

Sorry, I misunderstood you; I thought you were referring to having a picture of yourself with the guest, which unless you were going to do the crappy "myspace pose" of holding your camera at arm's length (or using a tripod and timer) would require somebody else's finger on the shutter button. There again, if you just want random pictures of actors without you in the frame, I'd have thought most folks would just grab something off the internet.

However as I said it was just an idea. I am actually quite surprised it has generated so much debate :o:thumbup:

Maybe it's 'cos there's not much on telly tonight :D

Now I'm confused!! I did mean a photo of you with the guest, but at the moment when they allow them you don't ask a crew member, you usually either get a friend to come with you or ask the person behind you in the queue. Its your own responsibility to take a nice photo of you with the guest, I always get a friend of mine to come and do it! So therefore if you were paying a couple of quid, it would still be your own responsibility to ask someone to take the photo with - not a crew members responsibility :D

Yeah but then people without someone to take it would ask the crew, then if they did it and for whatever reason it turned out bad they would blame the crew, ask for money back, complain ect. Then if they asked some random person in the queue behind them and the same thing happened arguments and such may ensue.

Paying for over-the-table shots just has too many technicalities and problems to be implemented.

But doesn't that happen now anyway? What do people do when they have a posed photo and they don;t have a friend with them? If it does not come out now do people blame the crew? I have asked crew members to take photos of me before when I have had no one with me and it has always been fine. I have never seen anyone arguing with a crew member over a faulty photo. Why should this be any different?

People should take responsibility for their own actions - like when you park a car 'at owners risk'. Once I met Colin Farrell and my friend took a photo of us, it did not come out AT ALL - I was so gutted I cried, but it was no ones fault, unfortunately these things just happened!! It was not my friends fault in anyway!! Surely people can take responsibility for their own photos?

I was only meaning in certain cases anyway where someone like Bronson Petellier - a popular guest but not particularly busy is just standing around, then it would work. Obviously each individual case would have to be taken as that an individual case. For some guests it is not necessary, for others, they are far too busy. I really do believe it could work in certain cases. However obviously people would have to take responsibility for their own photos.

Edited by Poppy

See not only do Too Tall and the crew now know who you are and what you do at events Owl Post, but the fans do too.

I for one will be pointing you out to the crew if I see you breaking the rules so openly again at an event. I have had things ruined for me too many times by people like you. I urge anyone on here, if you see anyone breaking the rules, point them out to the crew. You'll be doing the crew, the fans and yourself a favour.

You have an extra pair of eyes in me Too Tall.

Many of John and Gareth's fans know exactly who OwlPost is and what a problem she can be for all sorts of reasons. I'm more than happy to point her and her mates out at any event (including the one who crewed at Collectormania), or stage door to anyone who wishes to also keep an eye on them at future events.

Granted you can blame the crew now. but you havnt paid for basically a small photography service.

Free is fine, but once you hand over money for something, the whole argument and even legality of it all becomes much different. It puts extra responsibility on both the customer (which is what you become) and anyone who then provides the service for you.

As I said, not everyone has the luxury of getting someone they know to take the photo, so you would be putting it in the hands of either crew or another member of the public.

SM would not want to exclude people on their own from getting pictures because of these reasons.

But as Jason has said this wont happen, this is all null and void lol

And top gun hi-five-lo-five to catfish :D

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

But doesn't that happen now anyway? What do people do when they have a posed photo and they don;t have a friend with them? If it does not come out now do people blame the crew? I have asked crew members to take photos of me before when I have had no one with me and it has always been fine. I have never seen anyone arguing with a crew member over a faulty photo. Why should this be any different?

They do complain. I always point out that I am not that good a photographer when asked, but there was one event this year when someone posted and asked why SM don't train their queue to take a good photo.

Some events do what you're suggesting, so I bet it's crossed SM's minds and they've chosen not to for one reason or another.

Granted you can blame the crew now. but you havnt paid for basically a small photography service.

Free is fine, but once you hand over money for something, the whole argument and even legality of it all becomes much different. It puts extra responsibility on both the customer (which is what you become) and anyone who then provides the service for you.

As I said, not everyone has the luxury of getting someone they know to take the photo, so you would be putting it in the hands of either crew or another member of the public.

SM would not want to exclude people on their own from getting pictures because of these reasons.

But as Jason has said this wont happen, this is all null and void lol

And top gun hi-five-lo-five to catfish :wub:

As I said, it was just an idea and I still uphold that it is a good idea - I am guessing from this last comment that you don't wish to discuss this further? I am not saying showmasters must implement it & if they don't agree fair enough, but I still think all aspects are worth discussing amongst us all - hence the thread!

I didn't buy several autographs from guests (shannon Doherty for one) because of the signs up of no photos or videoing. I wonder how many others did the same.I don't like the official photoshoots , they are too stiff and formal.I like candids much better as it reflects the experiance of meeting someone.Showmasters lost a money through this.

They do complain. I always point out that I am not that good a photographer when asked, but there was one event this year when someone posted and asked why SM don't train their queue to take a good photo.

I'm sorry, but you've given me a mental image of Jason walking up & down a queue of attendees, swagger stick under arm, saying: "Right now, today we're going to teach you to take good photos - STOP FIDGETING YOU 'ORRIBLE LOT!"

I'm sorry, but you've given me a mental image of Jason walking up & down a queue of attendees, swagger stick under arm, saying: "Right now, today we're going to teach you to take good photos - STOP FIDGETING YOU 'ORRIBLE LOT!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You've made my night! I so wasn't expecting that, and have just burst into hysterics whilst reading this in the middle of a James Bond film (much to the astonishment of my house mates!)

LOL!

Echo :YAHOO:

Many of John and Gareth's fans know exactly who OwlPost is and what a problem she can be for all sorts of reasons. I'm more than happy to point her and her mates out at any event (including the one who crewed at Collectormania), or stage door to anyone who wishes to also keep an eye on them at future events.

I'm Chinese, I stand out like a sore thumb. OK, I want detailed accounts as to what I've done away from SM events to warrant this accusation? Kai and Gareth seem happy with me, and anyone who knows me really well knows that I go out of my way to help if its asked for and gets done if there's a problem. I once bought someone a Kai auto and their train fare home because I had talked so much they felt the need to go. I don't know if that is a bad thing but fine point me out, it can't do no harm getting recognised by the boys more often.

Edit: You may want list a fair few people from all the Hubs as friends of mine, I've come to know a lot of them very well.

Edit 2: actually your too late, Gareth and Kai already told everyone about me at Collectormania.

Catfish, i don't know who you are but I'd dearly like to meet you in person to see how, where and why I managed to get into your black books without even trying. I never hogged Kai or Gareth followed them around like long lost puppies at any Hubs, although I did speak to Clarky and got him to sit down with me at Hub 3 but I doubt you'd know or care about him, away from that i did hog James Moran at the Preview and Joesph Lidster at a Writer's Talk in London but that's all I can think of but both times i was doing it unconsciously.

This is actually highlighting I've been to way too many Torchwood events more then my 'met' list.:D

Edited by owl post 1992

Not only is this just plain old bullying in open public to the point of bringing her to tears.

Maybe she shouldn't have said that in the first place but I don't agree with everyone having a go at her when maybe some action should be taken else where.

But what I really don't get is the "I'm more than happy to point her <b>and her mates</b> out at any event". Why should I now feel that I can't go to any future events because someone has decided to single me out as a rule breaker (which I am most certainly not) purely on the basis that one of my friends made an offhand comment on a frigging <i>online forum</i>.

And I don't want this brushed over either. I actually want to know why I should be singled out to the crew or even guests at an event as a trouble maker. I am now going to feel watched at any future Showmasters convention or signing and not able to have any fun in the future so I think on that note I will finish going to the events I have already paid for and start going to independent ones instead.

Edited by Never

And I don't want this brushed over either. I actually want to know why I should be singled out to the crew or even guests at an event as a trouble maker. I am now going to feel watched at any future Showmasters convention or signing and not able to have any fun in the future so I think on that note I will finish going to the events I have already paid for and start going to independent ones instead.

Perhaps you might want to bring this to SM's attention and maybe give them some time to review what's been said and give you some re-assurance before you decide to boycott them?

Catfish, if John and Gareth's fans know me and my friends who are you gonna warn? The CIA/MI5/Secret Service/The US President/Gordon Brown/Santa's Little Helpers (Santa, I've been a naughty girl, i should be sent to bad Santa.)?

Edited by owl post 1992