Question about rooms at the Park Inn

expecto-patronum

Having to phone isn't exactly easy when you can't hear very well. Still, I have to wait until I book anyway so there won't be any rooms left at the Park by the time I can book. If we're in an overflow hotel do we get a special rate there or not?

if you end up in the Ibis the room rate is actually cheaper than the Park Inn. Its just that you don't have the convenience of being in the actual con hotel.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having to phone isn't exactly easy when you can't hear very well. Still, I have to wait until I book anyway so there won't be any rooms left at the Park by the time I can book. If we're in an overflow hotel do we get a special rate there or not?

There's no 'overflow' hotel as such - you're either in the con hotel with the rate, or you're at another hotel at whatever their rate is. This was one of the touted benefits of Birmingham, that most attendees could be in the con hotel; the Park Inn only has 150 ish rooms for crew, attendees, guests....

Phoned the Park this morning to book a room, only got 15 doubles left and you have to pay the full £195 up front today which isnt so good when you have just got back from Hub 3 and got other cons to pay for. This is the downside with this hotel not many people have the funds now and if you say cancel one night or something its not refundable either later on. So booked at the ibis this time, not convenient for running across the road and that dark patch of trees in costumes in the early hours of the night but its cheaper and you pay on the day of arrival as with all other hotels ever been to.

I am also sure last time you only had to prove you had bought a hub ticket to book a room at the park without paying up front, like the hotel but this isnt good for a lot of us as i know a good number of people book hotels and then pay for tickets as and when they can afford it.

Anyway never mind will be booking a ticket to the event when i have got past halloween this weekend!

Nicky

• Showmasters Admin

I just booked a room too :)

What do you think would happen if you got caught having 3 people in a room?

It breaks both the hotels fire and H&S regulations.

They have every right to remove all of you from the hotel.

I've seen it happen at 1am. Not at this Park Inn, but at an Ibis.

Edited by Too Tall

• Moderators

Can I run across the dark patch of trees with you then? That's the one bit I was worried about 'cause I'll be staying at the Ibis on my own I think...

There will be plenty of people to walk back to the Ibis with, if it's anything like Hub2, although as 2 of my friends were in the Park Inn, the rest of us (3 people) did all of our changing into/out of costumes in their room, and walked back and forth in normal clothes.

Can I run across the dark patch of trees with you then? That's the one bit I was worried about 'cause I'll be staying at the Ibis on my own I think...

I hated that when I stayed at the Ibis. It was the only down side. There is a route to the side of it that was blocked off due to the refurbishments that were going on... We managed to find a muddy little squeeze through in the end. I'm assuming the work will have been completed by now, so hopefully you won't even have to go through the scary wood/grass area of doom!?

See it wasnt even the way across that put me off staying at the Ibis again.

Its the fact that you know that if you ever want to just drop something off or get changed, you have to leave the con, go to your hotel then come back again.

After awhile, it really gets on your nerves and you just cant be bothered any more. I missed the entire sunday party at the hub 2 because I got back to the Ibis and just couldnt bring myself to go back again, as 3 days of the con had taken it out of me so much.

I hated that when I stayed at the Ibis. It was the only down side. There is a route to the side of it that was blocked off due to the refurbishments that were going on... We managed to find a muddy little squeeze through in the end. I'm assuming the work will have been completed by now, so hopefully you won't even have to go through the scary wood/grass area of doom!?

I was thinking the exact same thing, you should have been able to walk to the left and then through the car park rather than that dark scary little patch - surely that is open now. I think you are right.

Phoned the Park this morning to book a room, only got 15 doubles left and you have to pay the full £195 up front today which isnt so good when you have just got back from Hub 3 and got other cons to pay for. This is the downside with this hotel not many people have the funds now and if you say cancel one night or something its not refundable either later on. So booked at the ibis this time, not convenient for running across the road and that dark patch of trees in costumes in the early hours of the night but its cheaper and you pay on the day of arrival as with all other hotels ever been to.

I am also sure last time you only had to prove you had bought a hub ticket to book a room at the park without paying up front, like the hotel but this isnt good for a lot of us as i know a good number of people book hotels and then pay for tickets as and when they can afford it.

Anyway never mind will be booking a ticket to the event when i have got past halloween this weekend!

Nicky

I know that doesnt seem fair to people that can't afford it but at the first hub I had bought my gold ticket and couldnt get in at the park inn cos people who didnt have tickets had booked. I think I heard that rooms then got cancelled but at that time people would have already checked into Ibis. I thought that this was unfair really as I had stumped up my con ticket money first. Whatever way you do things its always unfair on somebody.

yes the walk through to the ibis is open again, although watch out for the barrier they hurt when you walk in to them. there is a light down there two although it wasn't on at the twilight con

I just rang the Park Inn to check if my reservation was still void a sit wasnt coming up on line and he said that if you ring book then it wont, but if you booked over the internet then you can view it on-line!

It's so weird, isn't it?

That's exactily what I tried to do too, and It wouldn't let me.

I have now received my invoice though - have you got yours yet Hayz?

Maxine

I just rang the Park Inn to check if my reservation was still void a sit wasnt coming up on line and he said that if you ring book then it wont, but if you booked over the internet then you can view it on-line!

It's so weird, isn't it?

That's exactily what I tried to do too, and It wouldn't let me.

I have now received my invoice though - have you got yours yet Hayz?

Maxine

I havent, but I booked via ringing, and Scott reasured me it was booked, I asked him twice, he mustve thought I was crazy!