Question about Gold tickets

Shinodas_bint

& of course is is Cheryl! I got you the autographs, you have to love me (:

I do love you muchly :stretcher::blush:

I must ask can noone cause rows in here please this thread was really only to ask mods about the gold tickets noone is having tantrums so shush all of you :blush::blush: before the scouser gets angry haha :stretcher:

Edited by Jacobs_bint

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get really quite annoyed at the whole 'we don't get a chance' speel it's a case of dealing with it. I've said it before and ill say it agAin as there are many fans of selective hearing. At et1 I had 485 or summit I had a total ball got my foot inthe door and got gold 11 I now have 4. Sm are not exceptions to the rule. Ironically nicola if the shoe was on the other foot you'd not be complaining that your loyalty was being rewarded

Think you misunderstand a little - yes you deserve to be rewarded for your loyalty, however this has become a massive event, mainly through word of mouth, I never knew there was anything like this , as soon as I did I tried to buy a ticket to ET2 but it was already sold out! I would not have cared what number the ticket was or whether is was gold, silver or standard, so I went to Prom and I did not know I could buy a standard for ET3 there, so yes I would like to get my foot in the door, I may be a delayed fan, but just as devoted as the rest of us, so it would be nice to get a chance. As you put it" if the shoe was on the other foot" you may feel the same as us.

I can understand completely with those who havent been able to get tickets yet, but then again i can see it from the other side too... if i do manage to get tickets for et3, and then at et3 i manage to get gold for et4 then i myself in that situation wouldnt be complaining about the way they sell the tickets.

I do think it is alittle unfair to those who found out about these events later than others because they do stand less of a chance... but then if you have gone to all of the ET's so far and then suddenly cudnt get tickets due to popularity u would be upset about that too. I do think that those that have been to the smaller events need a perk for supporting the events before they became this popular.

Fingers crossed at 6pm tonight i get lucky with the tickets lol im hoping for gold but standard will do... the way im tryin to look at it is, if i have least have a standard this time... im giving my self a bigger chance for gold at ET4 :P

Basically as Tally said it doesn't matter what ticket you get. She had standard at ET1 and had a great time. Then for ET2 she was G11 and now she's G4. You get your foot in the door then do what everyone else does, try and queue for tickets for Gold.

apareantly there are still gold's left (It never matters about your number, you stil have a great time. i was Gold 124 (i think) at ET1 and had the most amazing time ever) and there are silvers and standards left.

It doesn't matter about what ticket you get in the end though. Think about it this way:

In america at the the Twi-cons they dont get half the oppertunities we get. Edi said that UK cons are way better becasue we're more relaxed and treat like real people instead of going "OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, MARRY ME BLAH BLAH BLAH RAMBLE RAMBLE SQUEE SCREAM!" and the guests much prefer our events. By jsut getting a ticket, be it Gold, Silver or Standard you are getting closer than most of the USA fans.

& of course is is Cheryl! I got you the autographs, you have to love me (:

I do love you muchly :YAHOO::D

I must ask can noone cause rows in here please this thread was really only to ask mods about the gold tickets noone is having tantrums so shush all of you :D:D before the scouser gets angry haha :D

hahah, I think it was aimed at me hunny and I wasnt taking a tantrum, I was just trying to explain myself as I am a bit :D at times.

Dont like people twisting my words though and it did upset me that people think I am jealous of the tickets they got. I do believe loyalty should be rewarded and I do belive in fairness. I also think its not the greatest idea to pay all that money to have to stand in a queue all night to be rewarded for your loyalty. Also think it makes some people a little bit :D haha.

Yeah scousers getting angry is a bad bad thing, we start shaking and as soon as you know it we are a different species :D

I get really quite annoyed at the whole 'we don't get a chance' speel it's a case of dealing with it. I've said it before and ill say it agAin as there are many fans of selective hearing. At et1 I had 485 or summit I had a total ball got my foot inthe door and got gold 11 I now have 4. Sm are not exceptions to the rule. Ironically nicola if the shoe was on the other foot you'd not be complaining that your loyalty was being rewarded

Think you misunderstand a little - yes you deserve to be rewarded for your loyalty, however this has become a massive event, mainly through word of mouth, I never knew there was anything like this , as soon as I did I tried to buy a ticket to ET2 but it was already sold out! I would not have cared what number the ticket was or whether is was gold, silver or standard, so I went to Prom and I did not know I could buy a standard for ET3 there, so yes I would like to get my foot in the door, I may be a delayed fan, but just as devoted as the rest of us, so it would be nice to get a chance. As you put it" if the shoe was on the other foot" you may feel the same as us.

Thank you I never meant it in a nsaty way at all, I was just rambling on and think it was misinterpreted. :D

I hope you managed to get the tickets you wanted??

ET2 was my first one as i missed the ticket sales for ET1 by a couple of days, but still managed to get Silver 44 online.

For ET3 tickets i queued for a couple of hours and managed to get Gold, so i am happy.

Hope it all works out for you.

I hope you managed to get the tickets you wanted??

ET2 was my first one as i missed the ticket sales for ET1 by a couple of days, but still managed to get Silver 44 online.

For ET3 tickets i queued for a couple of hours and managed to get Gold, so i am happy.

Hope it all works out for you.

Like you I missed out on ET1 so I had to wait with baited breath for tix sales for ET2, managed to get my gold and my badge number for that ended up being G131. So for ET3 I got G66. I am happy! I showd up at 7 AM and well queued for about an hr. Apart from standing infront of the lobby doors opening and closing and being COLD I cannot complain lol

hahah, I think it was aimed at me hunny and I wasnt taking a tantrum, I was just trying to explain myself as I am a bit :headscratch: at times.

Dont like people twisting my words though and it did upset me that people think I am jealous of the tickets they got. I do believe loyalty should be rewarded and I do belive in fairness. I also think its not the greatest idea to pay all that money to have to stand in a queue all night to be rewarded for your loyalty. Also think it makes some people a little bit :blink: haha.

Yeah scousers getting angry is a bad bad thing, we start shaking and as soon as you know it we are a different species :D

I don't think anyone is being a grump, it's just a tad tedious to have people suggesting all these different ideas that STOP people getting tickets at the events, of course I'm gonna be a bit peeved as are others, SM have had this scheme always and once again folk aren't happy with it.

SM have gone outta their way to change other things for people such as the resell policy which I've got to say I think is courteous of them, whether we liked the way they did it before it was their company, however they changed it for US.

I still think it looked like you were having a tantrum, if you weren't fandabbydoozie, still looked like it though.

:D

Edited by Crépuscule

I really feel for those who have not been able to obtain gold or silver for ET3, yet I understand the point of view for those who have. I like others, did not know about the Twi-cons until summer this year and although I am not a massive fan of the Twi movies like some others, it would still have been awesome to meet some of guests who have attended but couldn't as tix for ET2 sold out before ANY guests were announced. I do think it's nice for SM to reward people for their loyalty because if people didnt buy tickets, SM wouldnt be able to run any cons at all. However, I do think that when it comes to cons for things as popular as Twilight, pre-sale advantages should not happen, because many of the same people who managed to get gold or silver for previous events are getting them again for the next ones. Although I realise that this is the point of SM's loyalty scheme, it is still alittle unfair as it is depriving other just as devoted fans the opportunity to attend these events. It has been proven that tickets for Twi cons sell out regardless of whether they go on pre-sale as a reward or not, so why not just put them all up for sale online at the sametime so everyone gets a fair chance. After all, if SM didn't run these events, nobody would be meeting any of the awesome guests, so surely the fact the cons exist period should be reward enough!!!

I really feel for those who have not been able to obtain gold or silver for ET3.... I do think it's nice for SM to reward people for their loyalty because if people didnt buy tickets, SM wouldnt be able to run any cons at all. However, I do think that when it comes to cons for things as popular as Twilight, pre-sale advantages should not happen...

As if this hasn't been done to death already, where does the idea that people who weren't at ET2 couldn't obtain gold or silver come from?... whilst the gold tickets sold out very quickly this time around, there were still a number that went on sale online to those who were ready and able to buy them. And it's now two and a half days since online sales started, and there are still silver tickets available. Last time round they'd all sold out in about 18 hours, so silver tickets online have already lasted more than three times longer than those for ET2 did. Nobody has "not been able" to obtain a silver ticket because of sales at ET2. And all those people who couldn't get a gold this time, there's no guarantee that they would have got one even if they had all been sold on line - if they couldn't get one in the first half hour or so this time, what's to say that if they were all sold online there would have been any left after the first half hour anyway, with everybody who bought one at ET2 clamouring to get one as soon as the shop opened?

La La La La

Blimey! Guys! Drop it!

Let everybody be happy if they managed to get tickets, and go into the other threads and be all excited again. SM/ME have this system, it works for them, thats just how it is. Dont spoil your anticipation for ET3

Make friends and be nice! This is your Denmother talking.................although, Rachel you are actually behaving, so technically, your denmother is not required lol :o

Dont like grumpy threads :(

And where was I when Talie and the others were already queueing for their tickets at midnight? (You deserved your early numbers guys :( )

I was having too much of a Ball (get it? Masquerade ball? LoL) Boogieing with the girls til 3am :P

Edited by Rhianydd

I can't imagine cheryl meaning mean or moody for a second :o

Haha you've not spent much time with me my dear :smile: nah Im only moody in the morning and Im only mean when people really really annoye me and normally its takes a lot to make it start shaking and turn all wolf like and fluffy :D:blush:

Rhi....3am? Dirty stop up :blush:

I really feel for those who have not been able to obtain gold or silver for ET3.... I do think it's nice for SM to reward people for their loyalty because if people didnt buy tickets, SM wouldnt be able to run any cons at all. However, I do think that when it comes to cons for things as popular as Twilight, pre-sale advantages should not happen...

As if this hasn't been done to death already, where does the idea that people who weren't at ET2 couldn't obtain gold or silver come from?... whilst the gold tickets sold out very quickly this time around, there were still a number that went on sale online to those who were ready and able to buy them. And it's now two and a half days since online sales started, and there are still silver tickets available. Last time round they'd all sold out in about 18 hours, so silver tickets online have already lasted more than three times longer than those for ET2 did. Nobody has "not been able" to obtain a silver ticket because of sales at ET2. And all those people who couldn't get a gold this time, there's no guarantee that they would have got one even if they had all been sold on line - if they couldn't get one in the first half hour or so this time, what's to say that if they were all sold online there would have been any left after the first half hour anyway, with everybody who bought one at ET2 clamouring to get one as soon as the shop opened?

If it's been done to death already, then surely many people feel the same and therefore must be something to it for so many to be saying the same thing. Anyways, it was never stated the people "had not been able" to buy them solely because of sales at ET2 and I am fully aware as are others, that had they all gone on sale online at one time that there was never a guarantee for those who previously had not had a gold or silver to secure them this time around. The sole point was, at least everyone, no matter where your from or what you tix you have had in the past, would have a fairshot, therefore it would be a case of no harm no foul, If you got one, great, if you didnt, never mind at least you tried to get a ticket and everyone had an equal chance. I do not think it is fair however to meeted with such an attitude for simply making a suggestion and voiceing my opinion. I have said nothing negative or offensive about anyone to warrant a sarcastic and patronising response. I thought the point of forums was so people could express their opinions and suggestions, without the negative feedback from people who dont agree. A simple, been there discussed that option, would have sufficed.

Anyways, I hope all have a good time. :huh:

If it's been done to death already, then surely many people feel the same and therefore must be something to it for so many to be saying the same thing.

Actually it could be done to death by just a relatively small number of people saying the same thing over and over again. And just because largenumbers of people go along with an idea doesn't necessarily mean there's any great merit to it. History is full of examples of great swathes of people supporting ideas or ideologies that had little or no merit.

Anyways, it was never stated the people "had not been able" to buy them solely because of sales at ET2

And I never said that you had. You did, however, in one sentence express regret that people had been unable to obtain silver or gold (silver still available in the shop, by the way), and in another say that people shouldn't have the "pre-sale" advantage, therefore at least implicitly linking the two. That's fine, I think we're all agreed that it's an obvious fact that selling tickets at the previous convention reduces the number available online. It was the suggestion that selling them at the convention is unfair and should be stopped that I was addressing.

and I am fully aware as are others, that had they all gone on sale online at one time that there was never a guarantee for those who previously had not had a gold or silver to secure them this time around. The sole point was, at least everyone, no matter where your from or what you tix you have had in the past, would have a fairshot, therefore it would be a case of no harm no foul, If you got one, great, if you didnt, never mind at least you tried to get a ticket and everyone had an equal chance.

I'm afraid that's just overly simplistic. For a start, it's a reasonable bet that if you didn't put them on sale at the convention, then whenever the online sale started would be unfair for somebody who had been at the convention. They might be travelling back home from the convention at that point, or at work, or ill, or their internet connection may be down. What SM/ME would effectively be saying to that person is "we'd like to thank you for your loyalty to this event by putting tickets on sale at a time which is immensely inconvenient for you so you might not be able to get what you want for the next one." The only time when you can give everybody at the convention an equal chance of buying a ticket for the next convention is... at the convention.

Even putting everything online wouldn't necessarily be fair to everyone. That's always going to favour those with better net access - those with a more robust connection, those whose ISP uses the nost direct route to the shop, those with less contention on their line. Not to mention anybody on dial-up. I'm afraid the idea that all net connections are equal is a myth. It might be fairer, but an equal chance? Not at all.

Finally, think of the other ramifications of doing it all online. Apart from the fact that it means they can get convention sales payments processed there and then, rather than being backed up just for Jola to do for online sales, think of the extra load on the servers. I don't now how many tickets they sold at ET2, but I heard a rumour of about 130 golds; certainly within 14 minutes of tickets going on sale online they were down to 5 gold and 26 silver, so they must have sold most of those before going online. So Let's say that they sold 125 gold at the convention and 100 silver. Add on some standards at ET2, plus the standards sold at the Proms, and you're probably up to around 300 pre-sales. So what happened Monday night? Let's guess that they sold 25 gold and a similar number of silver, and maybe 50-100 standards. So, at most, 150 tickets, plus a few disappointed folk who couldn't get gold and chose not to buy silver or standard instead. Maybe a couple of hundred people hitting the shop initially. And there are reports posting of people's transactions freezing or crashing, or just not working, because of the amount of traffic. Now if you hadn't had all the pre-sales, you'd have had 150% more people trying to buy. The servers would have been up and down like nobody's business, and buying tickets would have been an utter lottery - UNfair on everybody. (But probably not equally unfair - no doubt if you could stay up until the middle of the night when most people would have gone to bed, then it wouldn't be a problem. But that's unfair on those who couldn't). So logistically, trying to do everything online would probably be a disaster, and unfair to boot.

I do not think it is fair however to meeted with such an attitude for simply making a suggestion and voiceing my opinion. I have said nothing negative or offensive about anyone to warrant a sarcastic and patronising response. I thought the point of forums was so people could express their opinions and suggestions, without the negative feedback from people who dont agree. A simple, been there discussed that option, would have sufficed.
It's a shame you view it as sarcastic and patronising, but to an extent, that's your choice. It certainly wasn't meant that way. Mildly exasperated, perhaps, but nothing more. You expressed an opinion, I expressed a counter-opinion. I didn't attack you personally, and I don't think I was rude. Perhaps what I view as robust, you view as rude. I guess we'll have to agree to differ.

I'm sure people who go will enjoy it, regardless of what ticket they get.

Jesus is this stilllll going on? :WINCE:

I'm sorry, Jesus is unable to answer questions at the moment. :unsure:

I've been standard for ET1 and ET2..and I'll be standard again for ET3.

I know it may be a bit dissapointing for people who wanted gold/silver but you'll still have a great time even if standards are the only tickets left.

I've had the time of my life at both events :)