Question about Gold tickets

Shinodas_bint

Just a thought though, I know its for loyalty of those who go to ALL the events to be priority but maybe not actually selling them on the day just giving them a mini head start online might be better. Maybe they could make it so if you went to ET2 you would need your registration code to purchase a ticket an hour or two before the ones that didnt attend. Then they could limit them to a certain amount of number, they are still getting priority and if the ticket they wanted isnt available after the hour or two is up then they may still buy after that. Does any of that make sense cos I am brought to you by many forms of painkiller. :D

Yes, but it has a number of drawbacks:

* They have to purchase and implement some sort of software to the online store to deal with such registration codes

* It would need to be individual codes for each ticketholder that only allowed them to buy a ticket, if it was one general code, people at ET2 could tell all their friends who weren't there, and unless it only allowed the existing ticketholder to buy a ticket, somebody from ET2 who couldn't go to ET3 could sell their code to somebody else.

* It wouldn't be very fair to people who were at ET2 but were on their way home when their "headstart" occurred; I'm thinking particularly of people from abroad who might be on a plane home at the time.

* One of the advantages of selling at the convention is that it means that a lot of orders can be processed quickly by the staff at the event. Online orders are all processed by Jola. I'm sure she's grateful that if they sell say 250 tickets at the event, that's a couple of hundred orders that she won't have to process at home.

No guarantees on how fast they'll sell this time, but here's a post about how quickly things sold out online for ET2. I'd also suggest reading TooTall's post a few down from that, number 77 I believe, where he states

Please be aware from now on if you DON'T add the names of ALL the people coming (i.e. if you order 4 tickets and do not add 4 names in the comments box), your order will not be processed until they are supplied!

So you MUST add the names of the people that are attending or you may NOT get your tickets at all and it will most definitely effect the ticket numbers you get as your order will not be processed until all the names are supplied!

Thank you reading that slightly calmed me down :) Obviously the times could be totally different but you never know :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought though, I know its for loyalty of those who go to ALL the events to be priority but maybe not actually selling them on the day just giving them a mini head start online might be better. Maybe they could make it so if you went to ET2 you would need your registration code to purchase a ticket an hour or two before the ones that didnt attend. Then they could limit them to a certain amount of number, they are still getting priority and if the ticket they wanted isnt available after the hour or two is up then they may still buy after that. Does any of that make sense cos I am brought to you by many forms of painkiller. :D

* They have to purchase and implement some sort of software to the online store to deal with such registration codes

* It would need to be individual codes for each ticketholder that only allowed them to buy a ticket, if it was one general code, people at ET2 could tell all their friends who weren't there, and unless it only allowed the existing ticketholder to buy a ticket, somebody from ET2 who couldn't go to ET3 could sell their code to somebody else.

* It wouldn't be very fair to people who were at ET2 but were on their way home when their "headstart" occurred; I'm thinking particularly of people from abroad who might be on a plane home at the time.

* One of the advantages of selling at the convention is that it means that a lot of orders can be processed quickly by the staff at the event. Online orders are all processed by Jola. I'm sure she's grateful that if they sell say 250 tickets at the event, that's a couple of hundred orders that she won't have to process at home.

No guarantees on how fast they'll sell this time, but here's a post about how quickly things sold out online for ET2. I'd also suggest reading TooTall's post a few down from that, number 77 I believe, where he states

Please be aware from now on if you DON'T add the names of ALL the people coming (i.e. if you order 4 tickets and do not add 4 names in the comments box), your order will not be processed until they are supplied!

So you MUST add the names of the people that are attending or you may NOT get your tickets at all and it will most definitely effect the ticket numbers you get as your order will not be processed until all the names are supplied!

Thank you reading that slightly calmed me down :) Obviously the times could be totally different but you never know :)

HHmmm.... Thats handy. LOL. I must formulate a plot...

I get really quite annoyed at the whole 'we don't get a chance' speel it's a case of dealing with it. I've said it before and ill say it agAin as there are many fans of selective hearing. At et1 I had 485 or summit I had a total ball got my foot inthe door and got gold 11 I now have 4. Sm are not exceptions to the rule. Ironically nicola if the shoe was on the other foot you'd not be complaining that your loyalty was being rewarded

What about silver?

Proms was my first event, didnt even know things like this existed till then. Had I of known I wouldve bought my ticket then, even if I had bought a ticket to ET2 then I wouldnt have been able to go because I'm :D .

Dont mind standard cos of the amount of fans there anyway, but would be nice to have the option of a better ticker. I know SM do their best and cant please everyone :D

Just a thought though, I know its for loyalty of those who go to ALL the events to be priority but maybe not actually selling them on the day just giving them a mini head start online might be better. Maybe they could make it so if you went to ET2 you would need your registration code to purchase a ticket an hour or two before the ones that didnt attend. Then they could limit them to a certain amount of number, they are still getting priority and if the ticket they wanted isnt available after the hour or two is up then they may still buy after that. Does any of that make sense cos I am brought to you by many forms of painkiller. :huh:

Please tellme where and when I am moaning??

I could swear I have said I couldnt go to ET2 regardless of a ticket or not and I have also stated I dont mind being standard.

Oh and lets notforget I have also credited SM .

It was a general wondering and I am quite offended that you have plucked my general idea and turned it into something that it wasnt. I am aware some events co-ordinators DO incentive schemes which are similar to that I was wondering about. However this has been cleared up to me by someone who wasnt as keen to think I was speeling off.

I am sure there are people on here that ARE moaning so if you feel like arguing with someone then target them.

AS for your loyalty and your reward of Gold 4 I am very pleased for you and I am sure you will have awonderful time. Obviously queuing up all night as another topic has suggested was the case,not me, has paid off. No irony in it at all.

Secondly I never bought a ticket to ET2 as I have previously stated I didnt know these events existed. As it happens its a good job as I wouldnt have attended anyway.

My loyalty to cons and my life responsibilities are mine alone, I have friends who attended ET2 and I am simply not bothered what ticket number or status or number they got, no matter what ticket you get you still have a good time. I am pleased for those who have achieved what they wanted this weekend (you included).

I am deeply upset you felt the need to twist my words and upset me.

Edited by nicola

That does make sense! And I think it's a good idea anyway. SM are great with how they do things that's for sure, but I think that your idea or something similar might be somthing for them to consider in the future for other really big cons.

& Hand over the painkillers.

Thanks,

to be honest I was just wondering out loud x

Arent you well either? Has taken me since Wednesday to "find" the right pain relief. Hope I get my voice back tomorrow :blush:

Oh I haven't been well for about 7 months and have yet to find a working pain killer :no: Hope you get better soon though!

Wow,I hope you find something to help you soon and that you get better too.

:blush:

Only got flu, so I will be fully fit again in a few days xx Thanks though :D

Gold 63, wahoo! Gutted I slept in!

Ohhhh you were just in front of me then ? Seat hopping in the queue :)

Yesss, the game of silent musical chairs >.<

& of course is is Cheryl! I got you the autographs, you have to love me (:

What about silver?

Proms was my first event, didnt even know things like this existed till then. Had I of known I wouldve bought my ticket then, even if I had bought a ticket to ET2 then I wouldnt have been able to go because I'm :spew: .

Dont mind standard cos of the amount of fans there anyway, but would be nice to have the option of a better ticker. I know SM do their best and cant please everyone :blush:

Just a thought though, I know its for loyalty of those who go to ALL the events to be priority but maybe not actually selling them on the day just giving them a mini head start online might be better. Maybe they could make it so if you went to ET2 you would need your registration code to purchase a ticket an hour or two before the ones that didnt attend. Then they could limit them to a certain amount of number, they are still getting priority and if the ticket they wanted isnt available after the hour or two is up then they may still buy after that. Does any of that make sense cos I am brought to you by many forms of painkiller. :blush:

That does make sense! And I think it's a good idea anyway. SM are great with how they do things that's for sure, but I think that your idea or something similar might be somthing for them to consider in the future for other really big cons.

& Hand over the painkillers.

Just a thought though, I know its for loyalty of those who go to ALL the events to be priority but maybe not actually selling them on the day just giving them a mini head start online might be better. Maybe they could make it so if you went to ET2 you would need your registration code to purchase a ticket an hour or two before the ones that didnt attend. Then they could limit them to a certain amount of number, they are still getting priority and if the ticket they wanted isnt available after the hour or two is up then they may still buy after that. Does any of that make sense cos I am brought to you by many forms of painkiller. :stretcher:

What about silver?

Proms was my first event, didnt even know things like this existed till then. Had I of known I wouldve bought my ticket then, even if I had bought a ticket to ET2 then I wouldnt have been able to go because I'm :spew: .

Dont mind standard cos of the amount of fans there anyway, but would be nice to have the option of a better ticker. I know SM do their best and cant please everyone :blush:

Just a thought though, I know its for loyalty of those who go to ALL the events to be priority but maybe not actually selling them on the day just giving them a mini head start online might be better. Maybe they could make it so if you went to ET2 you would need your registration code to purchase a ticket an hour or two before the ones that didnt attend. Then they could limit them to a certain amount of number, they are still getting priority and if the ticket they wanted isnt available after the hour or two is up then they may still buy after that. Does any of that make sense cos I am brought to you by many forms of painkiller. :stretcher:

Please tellme where and when I am moaning??

I could swear I have said I couldnt go to ET2 regardless of a ticket or not and I have also stated I dont mind being standard.

Oh and lets notforget I have also credited SM .

It was a general wondering and I am quite offended that you have plucked my general idea and turned it into something that it wasnt. I am aware some events co-ordinators DO incentive schemes which are similar to that I was wondering about. However this has been cleared up to me by someone who wasnt as keen to think I was speeling off.

I am sure there are people on here that ARE moaning so if you feel like arguing with someone then target them.

AS for your loyalty and your reward of Gold 4 I am very pleased for you and I am sure you will have awonderful time. Obviously queuing up all night as another topic has suggested was the case,not me, has paid off. No irony in it at all.

Secondly I never bought a ticket to ET2 as I have previously stated I didnt know these events existed. As it happens its a good job as I wouldnt have attended anyway.

My loyalty to cons and my life responsibilities are mine alone, I have friends who attended ET2 and I am simply not bothered what ticket number or status or number they got, no matter what ticket you get you still have a good time. I am pleased for those who have achieved what they wanted this weekend (you included).

I am deeply upset you felt the need to twist my words and upset me.

I can only presume you mean I am tantruming for defending myself from your remarks towards me.

If this is the case I cannot believe you are reading the same thing as everyone else because I have not once disrespected SM or those who went to ET2.

I do not feel the need to re-defend myself from your accusations, it is obvious you think poorly of me and no matter what I say you would twist it to be something else.

See you at ET3.

I'm on my iPod ATM so I'll reply to tantrums later.

There are still golds left about 30

Wow I was told less than that were left after ET1 for ET2.

You must remember at ET2 there is a restriction of 1 ticket per person compared to sales at ET1 :blush: