The venue for this event is Olympia 2

Too Tall

• Moderators

The 'next six months' line and station closures pdfs on TFL site don't mention anything about any of the lines needed to do KX -> Olympia for that weekend, so I'm assuming they'll be fine.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the six-monthlies, the only Tube lines affected that weekend will be the Metropolitan and Jubilee. Also, Northern Line Tubes won't be stopping at King's Cross.

Curiously, if you use the Journey Planner, it reports that the District Line will be closed between Earl's Court and Whitechapel, but that's not listed in the six-monthly docs. We'll have to see whether it appears in the four-weekly service update, which will include details for 28 November from tomorrow.

But, yes, so far it all looks pretty good. There are plenty of routes, and if you're coming from King's Cross it's an easy journey. There's nothing planned so far that's likely to put you off your stride.

Edited by MinkyKnights

i would have a back up plan, the tube is awfull on weekends, i swear the jubalie has been down every bloddy weekend for the last 2 years, feels that way. and the district always has a part closure or major delays.

if your not comfortable with winging it or have to be there early no matter what id have a bus journey planned just in case. especially sunday as some trains start later than the rest of the week like the central.

even when running the district line is the vein of my life, I hate it sooooo much, its so unreliable. and i think the olympia train runs every 10-15 minutes from earls but not sure but id expect to be waiting unless your lucky at least 10 minutes at earls for the olympia train

Thanks MinkyKnights Think ill go with the hammersmith route cause its one direct tube there from Livepool street station, it will be too early to navigate changes :-p unless its raining. Im just wary of changing at earls court, i was there about 25mins back in august and nevr saw an olympia train :-/ dont wanna get stuck

Whilst I don't live in London, I love the Tube, I think I might be in the minority, and I know it pretty well by now.

Im a big fan too and im not from london. It fascinates me lol also keeps me entertained at work on wikipedia. have you read http://dankuper.com/writing/notes-underground highly amusing

if the tube ran as it should or at least close it would be great but it doesnt, i love the fact i can get anywere in london quite easily on a travel card but for work on the district its a nightmare, so many unnecessary or unexplained delays and they have the cheek to strike causing so many problems for commuters due to there greed!

but yes its a great network if it just bloody ran as it should or like i said close, sometimes waiting for the district is like waiting for a national rail train not a tube line. silly things like stopping and waiting for 10 minutes to allow another train to pass in front, wtf, stuff like that makes me so mad

arghhhh lol, yes i love the tube but i also hate it! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a look at the eco website, Olympia 2, is there going to be a floor layout plan of the event posted, as there are 4 floors would like to plan ahead get an idea of where to go etc.. esp when photoshoots are from 9:30 onwards.. another thing looking at the eco event scedule there is a running ***** on the 28th 29th Nov at olympia 2. sharing I guess.....

another thing looking at the eco event scedule there is a running ***** on the 28th 29th Nov at olympia 2. sharing I guess.....

I initially thought that the London Running Show was being held at the main Olympia, and that the ECO site had made a mistake. But according to the venue info on the running show's site, it is indeed being held at Olympia 2 - in which case, how is the sharing thing going to work, particularly with regard to entry queueing?

We are thinking of getting the underground to Hammersmith and walking down to Olympia as I have heard that the District Line not that reliable. Can someone tell me what way do we go when we come out of Hammersmith station? Many thanks.

another thing looking at the eco event scedule there is a running ***** on the 28th 29th Nov at olympia 2. sharing I guess.....

I initially thought that the London Running Show was being held at the main Olympia, and that the ECO site had made a mistake. But according to the venue info on the running show's site, it is indeed being held at Olympia 2 - in which case, how is the sharing thing going to work, particularly with regard to entry queueing?

not sure how it will work, but olympia 2 has 3 levels!! so perhaps its on one of the other levels, regarding queuing, i assume it will be sorted, its olympias responsibility to make sure such things are thought of, they know our event is busy and has various queues, bare in mind it might be a slight mistake like with collectormania mentioning earls court originally, however eco site says the same on this one.

I will look into it next week with my contact if its not answered on the forum prior

Does anyone know if there will be trains going out of Earl's Court towards Kensington (Olympia)? Or are they fully closing everything down?

(Sometimes on the Central line they run through trains and have trains going out from the last station that's closed.)

Transport for London

This part of the TFL website should help you with line closures

District line is still ok from the Edgware road end that weekend, so any of the stations north of Earls Court on the district line will get you there.

Plus all the district line west and south of earls court, its only the east side of the line thats down with the circle.

So to help those of you coming from the major national rail stations:

Waterloo: Take the bakerloo to piccadilly circus, then change onto the piccadilly line to earls court, then either walk or take the district one stop to kensignton.

Kings Cross: Victoria line to green park, then piccadilly line to same as above.

Euston: Northan line down to leicester square, then piccadilly line same as above.

Paddington: District line straight down to Kensignton.

Charing Cross: Bakerloo to piccadilly circus, then piccadilly line same as above.

Anyone comign from anywhere else?

its only the east side of the line thats down with the circle.

According to the TFL site, that's the weekend before (where the Circle is closed between King's Cross and Tower Hill). On Collectormania weekend, the entire Circle Line is down. The planned closures are listed here. If you run the dates through the travel news page, it shows the same info.