Eternal Twilight 3 tickets!

showmasters

Well seems as threapy and I are going as standard I could get my tickets at Proms if I had the extra money but I don't think I will unless they decide to sell some tickets Monday morning when I get my benefits. But don't think they will as the event is only Sat and Sun for those of us at Birmingham.

I think Showmasters/Massive Events are very nice to offer us lot at ISOTM tickets for ET3 even if they are only standard. We're very lucky to have even had this offered. ME could have easily turned round and said bugger off we aint offering the tickets to ET2 as planned.

Thanks Mark and Jason. Remember Jason I owe you a hug at ISOTM, remember don't call security on me. :P

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you put all the tickets online at the same time what about people who are working at that time? what about people who are on holiday? what about people in a different time zone? what about people without internet access at all?

its impossible to please everyone.

People at the previous event always get first dibs because they supported the event in the first place. With the popularity of Twilight being what it is the event sold out. But back when tickets first went on sale people needed to support the event to make it what it was. They needed to buy tickets for an event that didnt have any guests, for an event that had never been done before. I have no problem with these people getting first dibs on tickets.

So now people have a chance to get standard tickets. You can moan about it or you can support the show regardless, get a ticket and be one of the first people to get tickets for ET 4.

i think that putting tickets on sale at the proms gives more people a chance at getting tickets. and once again its the people that are supporting the shows, as it should be in my opinion. Of course they cant sell ticket number one because how is that fair to people at ET2? After all they are the people that SOLD OUT Eternal Twilight. They should be given at least the opportnity to attend again.

thats my opinion anyway. Its a tricky one. But i believe the proposed solution is as fair as it could possibly be.

=x=

Thank you sooo much for doing this.

Now I don't know what to do?? Are Gold and Silver really gonna sell out coz then I'll deffo get ET3 Standard and then hopefully get gold for et4!!!

Umm...plus none of my friends will be able to buy the tickets coz they're not going so what if I end up being on my own :poki:

You've probably already mentioned it but what time will the tickets be going on sale? And whereabouts in the hotel

I want to thank you for organising the ISOM. As a twicon virgin I'm really looking forward to the event. You can't please everyone so to make it up to us get Robert Pattinson as a guest :poki:

Thanks

Debs

I still can't figure out why attendees from previous events get first dibs.

* It's a thank-you to people who have supported the last event - it's a widely-accepted fact in customer care circles that keeping your existing customers happy is the secret to growing your customer base.

* From a business point of view, it's also easier to sell to people when they're happy and in the right mood; it's a lot easier to sell a person a car after they've had a pleasing test-drive than several weeks afterwards. Strike while the iron is hot and the enthusiasm high. It's a lot easier to sell somebody a band T-shirt on their way out of the door after the gig than by e-mailing them about it a week later.

* It makes sense for ME operationally; if they can sell two or three hundred tickets at the event, they get the transaction processed there and then. If they have to sell them all through the shop, they all have to go through Jola, who only does this part-time. And absolutely no criticism of Jola intended, if she had to do several hundred more transaction processings herself, it would take much longer and we'd have loads of moans from people about the money not leaving their account/being debited from their card. It makes sense and is efficient to sell some at the previous show.

It's also hardly a unique approach. If you buy a season ticket for a sports team or a concert venue, the existing season ticket holders almost always get "first dibs" at renewing their ticket for the next season. Whether it be a Man U season ticket, a debenture at Twickenham or a season ticket at somewhere like the Royal Albert Hall or the Royal Festival Hall, existing patrons pretty much always get first dibs. I'm sure it's the same for opera companies or ballet companies, but since they're outside my thrill-zone, I don't have direct experience in those cases.There are also several stores where if you're a regular customer you may find yourself being invited to sale previews, where effectively you get "first dibs" at the sale stuff. Similar sort of thing with airlines. This sort of thing happens everywhere. It's not so much cliquey as keeping existing customers happy and building brand loyalty. If it was really cliquey, then people would always get the same tickets - e.g. gold ticket no 1 at ET1 would have first refusal for that ticket at ET2, but it's not. Everybody at ET2 had the same opportunity to gold no.1 for ET2, it was just down to who had the funds and could be dedicated to queue long enough, but from ME's point of view, all 800 people at ET1 had the same chance for that ticket. Sure you might consider it cliquey that they had an advance chance on the other 6 billion people in the world, but it's hardly as cliquey, elitist and unfair as some people like to suggest.

It's also hardly a unique approach. If you buy a season ticket for a sports team or a concert venue, the existing season ticket holders almost always get "first dibs" at renewing their ticket for the next season. Whether it be a Man U season ticket, a debenture at Twickenham or a season ticket at somewhere like the Royal Albert Hall or the Royal Festival Hall, existing patrons pretty much always get first dibs. I'm sure it's the same for opera companies or ballet companies, but since they're outside my thrill-zone, I don't have direct experience in those cases.There are also several stores where if you're a regular customer you may find yourself being invited to sale previews, where effectively you get "first dibs" at the sale stuff. Similar sort of thing with airlines. This sort of thing happens everywhere. It's not so much cliquey as keeping existing customers happy and building brand loyalty. If it was really cliquey, then people would always get the same tickets - e.g. gold ticket no 1 at ET1 would have first refusal for that ticket at ET2, but it's not. Everybody at ET2 had the same opportunity to gold no.1 for ET2, it was just down to who had the funds and could be dedicated to queue long enough, but from ME's point of view, all 800 people at ET1 had the same chance for that ticket. Sure you might consider it cliquey that they had an advance chance on the other 6 billion people in the world, but it's hardly as cliquey, elitist and unfair as some people like to suggest.

It's the same for concert tickets. Fanclub members get first pick and chances of upgrades, o2 network customers get presale options on 02 arean tickets before the general public.....

It's just the way things work. Being "in there" or a member of something etc etc tends to get you better deals.

Why should SM/ME work any differently?

xxxx

Edited by natfrog5

But back when tickets first went on sale people needed to support the event to make it what it was. They needed to buy tickets for an event that didnt have any guests, for an event that had never been done before. I have no problem with these people getting first dibs on tickets...

...After all they are the people that SOLD OUT Eternal Twilight. They should be given at least the opportnity to attend again.

Much as I don't want to get involved with this...what you're saying seems to be the exact reason some people are annoyed. Those who bought the first few tickets for ET1 did so back when there were no guests announced, and there was no precedent of any previous Twilight event to base a decision on. They set the ball rolling for subsequent ET events just as much, even more so than ET2 attendees.

So such people seem to be feeling disgruntled and like they're being 'kicked out of the loop', so to speak, just because they couldn't get ET2 tickets because of previous committments or money issues.

I've heard and understand all the arguments against this, and know everyone feels they have their point to make. But haven't most people who made complaints said that they didn't want to create an argument?

It's a pointless discussion anyway, as far as I'm aware Birmingham is a bigger venue....

So bigger venue = more seats = more tickets

So those that can't make ET2 or the Proms should still be able to get a ticket since the number of people attending ET2 would be less than those at ET3. The assumption being made with SM booking the larger venue.

It's a pointless discussion anyway, as far as I'm aware Birmingham is a bigger venue....

So bigger venue = more seats = more tickets

So those that can't make ET2 or the Proms should still be able to get a ticket since the number of people attending ET2 would be less than those at ET3. The assumption being made with SM booking the larger venue.

I actually hope there's not more tickets :D

Sounds selfish I KNOW! however I feel that 800 people is the most you can get without making it seem really really impersonal with the guests :D

My suggestion is just a guess so it might not increase, just would make sense with a bigger venue.

On the note of it being impersonal, I went to a different con a while back which had a fair amount more attendees, it was held in a big hotel and I didn't feel like a number in a queue :) Suppose it's what you make of it yourself.

The big one I went to split people up into groups like SM, the autographs weren't rushed they did them in the hall seated and called row by row so you could come in and out as often as you wanted to, you just kept an eye on which rows in front of you had gone up to the table.

Same with photoshoots, those weren't rushed either well it wasn't slooow lol coz that would be silly but I didn't feel like flashgordon running past a camera at least :)

I would think SM would put things in place to make sure people enjoy the event though xx

I've heard and understand all the arguments against this, and know everyone feels they have their point to make. But haven't most people who made complaints said that they didn't want to create an argument?

Who said this was an argument? I thought this was a civilised and reasonable debate. This is a public forum - a reply here is not just a reply to the original poster but for anyone who cares to read it. Posting "I don't want to create an argument" does not mean that everybody else is subsequently barred from posting a contrary opinion.

It feels as if you don't want first time con goers at these events, nor do you want people who haven't attended the previous event...

Meh. Whatever. Your event, your rules.

i totally agree ive just registered to this forum becuase i desperately WANT to go to ET3 so i was trying to find tickets im extremely upset i mite not be able to go for the first time i cudnt go twiproms becuase i was having an operation and they were in the midlands i live just next to birmingham i was crying for days becuase i cudnt go now i find out i mite not be able to go to ET3 im sad really sad :lol: omg im really upset :D this is not fair :D maybe people havent had the money to go to everysingle twilight convention well maybe they shud give other peopel chance to meet the stars :P omg i hope i can get a ticket :)

i totally agree ive just registered to this forum becuase i desperately WANT to go to ET3 so i was trying to find tickets im extremely upset i mite not be able to go for the first time i cudnt go twiproms becuase i was having an operation and they were in the midlands i live just next to birmingham i was crying for days becuase i cudnt go now i find out i mite not be able to go to ET3 im sad really sad :lol: omg im really upset :D this is not fair :D maybe people havent had the money to go to everysingle twilight convention well maybe they shud give other peopel chance to meet the stars :P omg i hope i can get a ticket :)

Tickets will be on general sale after ET2. You may not get Gold or Silver, but I can't imagine you not being able to get a standard entry ticket. ET2 took 18 days to sell out, so don't get too upset just yet!!

I can see both sides - I have not got a ticket to et2 and really would like one to et3, but it looks unlikely which is a shame as there are 10 of us wanting them all new to twilight! why couldnt a certain amount of gold and silver be sold at Twi Prom and et2 but sell the beginning numbers at et2? if sold on a first come first serve basis, surely this would be fair?

• Moderators

It's ok, I wasn't sure if you didn't understand what it was, or you wondered where the code was etc :lol:

Basically it's so that you can get the hotel room at the reduced convention pay rate, rather than booking at their normal price :WINCE:

It's ok, I wasn't sure if you didn't understand what it was, or you wondered where the code was etc :lol:

Basically it's so that you can get the hotel room at the reduced convention pay rate, rather than booking at their normal price :WINCE:

Thanks, so when is this code out/where is it if its already out? B)