Eternal Twilight 3 tickets!

showmasters

I can understand why people are annoyed even though I'm going to ET2 so can get a ticket to ET3 there.

Though you're getting a chance to sucure your ticket a month before us ET2ers, so by the time ET2 comes around you'll be able to know that you have your ticket while the rest of us are forcing our Mum's to wake up early and queue (a la moi, I love my mummy but I love my sleep more) to get our tickets.

yeah but we get standard and not the first numbers. :)

True true true. Still you'll be getting a ticket even if it is a standard, still you could be able to get a gold or silver ticket after ET2 on the online shop, most of us are trying really hard to get the moeny for our tickets and I'm sure golds will be avalible on the monday/tuesday after ET2.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand why people are annoyed even though I'm going to ET2 so can get a ticket to ET3 there.

Though you're getting a chance to sucure your ticket a month before us ET2ers, so by the time ET2 comes around you'll be able to know that you have your ticket while the rest of us are forcing our Mum's to wake up early and queue (a la moi, I love my mummy but I love my sleep more) to get our tickets.

yeah but we get standard and not the first numbers. :)

True true true. Still you'll be getting a ticket even if it is a standard, still you could be able to get a gold or silver ticket after ET2 on the online shop, most of us are trying really hard to get the moeny for our tickets and I'm sure golds will be avalible on the monday/tuesday after ET2.

true :D i dnoo why im fussing :P i cnt even get to Birmingham from London. So no chance of me going :P

I like to look at things simply, and can see no problem here

Its easy, those who want gold/silver will still get them at ET2 as originally expected nothing lost.

Those on standard have the option of securing them this weekend and as Mark says , there is no real benefit of having a low number so it doesnt matter if they end up as ST 555 or whatever.

It's just a nice gesture for those who have supported a smaller event.

I hope everyone has fun this weekend :D

• Showmasters Admin

Can I please just add that Mark and the guys could have not done this at all. I'm sure at this very moment they are sat in the office and thinking "why the hell do we bother".

They have tried to offer the ITSOTM attendees something cool without effecting the ET2 attendees too much. And what do they get, a whole heap of complaints....

A: That the system as a whole isn't fair and they shouldn't let ET2 atendees have first choice.

or

B: That they are only offering standard tickets in this system and that they'll be behind the ET2 attendee in ticket number.

No system is perfect, but this is the system we've been using for 18 months now and it's worked fine for us and the attendees.

Please for one second think about the guys that put these shows together, they are people too and do have feelings. They go out of their way to think of ways to make it as fair as possible to everyone, only to be shot down for even trying.

There are days when I wonder why they bother I really really do.

Edited by Too Tall

Not trying to be argumentative. This is NOT aimed at anyone, this is a general response to the MANY responses above mine.

But it is their business,

they have always offered first dibs to people attending the previous show

That is their system, so that is the way it goes.

It is not meant to offend anyone, or show preference.

Whenever I attend a bridal fayre, they offer the attendees for that show first dibs for the next show.

This sort of thing is quite common.

From a first time attendee, It hasn't made me feel like a second rate citizen, it has made me a little more confident of being able to join in the ET convention "thing", by being able to at least queue for the 100 tickets that will be on sale at Brum.

I don't mind what ticket number I get at all, just would like to get a ticket.

There is always ET3 for me to try and get a lower ticket numer if I want to, but to be honest, as mentioned, it only really affects you for your seating placement in the talks.

And don't they have big screens up at them anyway?

When you pay X amount of money to go and see a band when it is open seating, you wouldn't complain then about the 1000's of people in front of you, you would just enjoy the show.

Yes, there are rules and systems, but then if they are the rules and systems set in place for this convention, then so be it.

I am not sucking up when I say thank you for the fair way of doing it (cos I think that within their current system, it is a fair way), I am just saying, that I am pleased to be offered the chance to purchase a ticket for ET3 without having to wait until they go on sale online.

SM probably looked at the sales information from ET1 and ET2's ticket sales before deciding on the fairest system, they are the ones with all the previous information.

I hope nobody gets upset needlessly about this.

Proms in a couple of days, lets all have a fantastic time, and worry about ET3 tickets as and when it becomes relevant to each of us.

Have fun at the proms guys! Looking forward to meeting everybody! :D

**Edit** :P Just saw TT's post :D Hope Mark and Jason are not cross. I for one think its a great idea :D

(Even if hubby has said he will get up and get the ticket for me ) :P

Edited by dragonsanddaffodils

I didn't want to make anyone feel bad, I personally think it's a really nice idea, cos I know there's several people going to the Proms who aren't going to ET2, so it's a good opportunity for them to buy tickets. I was merely enquiring what the reasons for not offering gold & silver tickets were.

(:

Edited by rayray_x

I didn't want to make anyone feel bad, I personally think it's a really nice idea, cos I know there's several people going to the Proms who aren't going to ET2, so it's a good opportunity for them to buy tickets. I was merely enquiring what the reasons for not offering gold & silver tickets were.

(:

I reckon thats a fair question though :P

I kind of get why they can't really offer us the gold or silver, cos don't they usually sell out first?

Of course, there is always the option of still waiting til after ET2 and buying whatever is there online, I just do like the idea of knowing that this time at least, I have a good chance of getting a ticket. :P

2 Sleeps ! Yay! :D

(:

I reckon thats a fair question though :P

I kind of get why they can't really offer us the gold or silver, cos don't they usually sell out first?

Of course, there is always the option of still waiting til after ET2 and buying whatever is there online, I just do like the idea of knowing that this time at least, I have a good chance of getting a ticket. :P

2 Sleeps ! Yay! :D

one for me :D ! I'm meeting them tomorrow! I'm hyperventilating. Its unreal!

• Showmasters Admin

(:

I reckon thats a fair question though :D

It was and that's why I was happy to answer it.

• Showmasters Admin

okay Lily, no showing off with only 1 day to go! :P

No telling us any suprises before we go! (best stern voice here) :P

Have fun! :D

Just remember DON'T read the forum on Saturday evening or you'll be reading about the talks you'll be having on Sunday!!! Sounds like an odd time traveling thing.

okay Lily, no showing off with only 1 day to go! :D

No telling us any suprises before we go! (best stern voice here) :P

Have fun! :D

Just remember DON'T read the forum on Saturday evening or you'll be reading about the talks you'll be having on Sunday!!! Sounds like an odd time traveling thing.

Absolutely! I am looking forward to this WAY to much for spoilers! :P

We will be leaving around lunchtime on Saturday, so it won't be relevant for us.

Hope all you Londoners have fun though :D

The only way to make it fair is to put them on the online shop at the same time. THE ONLY way. You get people from Twiproms complaining about ET2 people getting first dibs and you can get people from ET3 having a go at Twiproms for getting first dibs.

Yeah I would be really happy if I got first dibs, but i'm not going to ET2 so I wont be getting first dibs. I will be happy if I get a gold but I doubt I will be getting one.

We all know everybody at SM do a good job doing these events, nobody is saying there not, but mabey they should treat Twilight events different in the future, Twilight is massive at the moment and putting all tickets up in one place at one time is the only way to stop the bitching.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Can't wait to get my ticket for ET3 now! I'm going to ET2 but I don't really mind what ticket number I am so I'll just get a standard at the weekend- so the ticket I would have brought at ET2 someone else can have, and have higher number haha, if that makes sense!!!

I'm so excited! And soooo happy that its being held in Birmingham, Northampton scares me a little :P

:) :D

Is it not possible to have an extremely limited amount of silver & gold ickets available?

Sorry but no. As Mark has said there is the possiblity that they will sell out at ET2. And sorry to those not going to ET2 but they do have to come first and do have to be offered them first.

How would you feel if you were at ET2 and went to buy a Gold ticket to find they were sold out because some had been sold a month before hand? You'd not be to pleased.

^^

Im going to the proms but ill wait the risk at et2 for et3

I don't wanna sound completley bitching but I think there's a very spoilt attitude sometimes, like ive said time and time again i was st485 at et1 and had a brill time :( i certinaly didn't feel like a second class citizen, I dont see why people cant go for higher numbers then do what we did and queue dead early in the morning for a low ticket.