Eternal Twilight 3 tickets!

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Eternal Twilight 3

Friday 19th - Sunday 21st February 2010

Hilton Metropole, Birmingham NEC

As an extra special bonus for those of you who have supported us at the Under the Shadow of the Moon Twilight Proms we are offering you the opportunity to purchase Standard Eternal Twilight 3 tickets this weekend.

Please note these tickets will ONLY be available as STANDARD entry programmes. You will be assigned the lowest possible number AFTER the standard tickets sold at Eternal Twilight 2 and numbers BEFORE those that go on sale through our online shop.

For those of you not attending the Proms but attending ET2; Gold, Silver and Standard tickets starting from ticket number 1 will still be available exclusively at Eternal Twilight 2. The sale of standard tickets at the Proms will not affect the ticket numbers assigned at Eternal Twilight 2.

For those of you not in attendance at either the proms or Eternal Twilight 2, any remaining tickets for Eternal Twilight 3 will be on sale through our online shop shortly after Eternal Twilight 2.

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK YOUR ROOMS AT THE HOTEL UNTIL WE GIVE YOU THE BOOKING CODE!! BOOKING YOUR HOTEL ROOM WITHOUT THE BOOKING CODE MAY AFFECT YOUR TICKET ORDER. You will not miss out on getting a room because we have rooms allocated specifically for our attendees at the event. Waiting for the code will also mean you get the prefered rate at the hotel.

The code will be available some time in the next two weeks.

Thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This to me feels highly, highly elitist of those attending ET2.

I personally attended ET1 as ST 14 (booked in August, 6 months before the event... surely getting the event rolling?), loved every second of it, but didn't have the money for an ET2 ticket (I was 17 and earning less than £100 a month at the time! No way I could afford another £100 on top of the cost if the ET1 weekend).

As the prom tickets went on sale online, I managed to get a very low ticket number (5, I think), as they were fair for everyone to buy at the same time.

Anyway, buying an ET2 ticket at a later date would have meant for an appalling late three figure ticket number to the event which would have made the experience, in my opinion, not worth the money as I would have been last into everything.

Now, those attending ITSOTM (and spending good money for the oppurtunity to do so) will get placed like second class citizens behind those at ET2, even though they will purchase their tickets before them. I fail to see how this fits in with the basic idea of queueing and first come first served.

Therefore, it seems, I will never be attending another Eternal Twilight event as I will NEVER have the oppurtunity to buy a decent ticket. Such a shame.

(I just want to make my point, I will not be arguing with people about this. Everyone is free to their opinion, and this is mine.)

Edit: Oops, typo.

Edited by LisaMarie

• Showmasters Admin

This to me feels highly, highly elitist of those attending ET2.

I personally attended ET1 as ST 14 (booked in August, 6 months before the event... surely getting the event rolling?), loved every second of it, but didn't have the money for an ET2 ticket (I was 17 and earning less than £100 a month at the time! No way I could afford another £100 on top of the cost if the ET1 weekend).

As the prom tickets went on sale online, I managed to get a very low ticket number (5, I think), as they were fair for everyone to buy at the same time.

Anyway, buying an ET2 ticket at a later date would have meant for an appalling late three figure ticket number to the event which would have made the experience, in my opinion, not worth the money as I would have been last into everything.

Now, those attending ITSOTM (and spending good money for the oppurtunity to do so) will get placed like second class citizens behind those at ET2, even though they will purchase their tickets before them. I fail to see how this fits in with the basic idea of queueing and first come first served.

Therefore, it seems, I will never be attending another Eternal Twilight event as I will NEVER have the oppurtunity to buy a decent ticket. Such a shame.

(I just want to make my point, I will not be arguing with people about this. Everyone is free to their opinion, and this is mine.)

Edit: Oops, typo.

I just wanted to make a couple of points about this.

Firstly, no matter how high your ticket number, the only thing that you will go in later for is the talks. Autographs and photo sessions are not done in order where the lowest numbers go first as they are all staggered.

Secondly, we are not and will never treat any attendee at our event like a 'second class citizen'. You are all just as important as each other. What we have done here is give people who have supported ITSOTM the opportunity to buy tickets before anyone else, other than those at ET2. We are offering something extra, and not something less than you would otherwise have got.

I hope that makes sense.

Mark :YAHOO:

Firstly, no matter how high your ticket number, the only thing that you will go in later for is the talks. Autographs and photo sessions are not done in order where the lowest numbers go first as they are all staggered.

Secondly, we are not and will never treat any attendee at our event like a 'second class citizen'. You are all just as important as each other. What we have done here is give people who have supported ITSOTM the opportunity to buy tickets before anyone else, other than those at ET2. We are offering something extra, and not something less than you would otherwise have got.

I hope that makes sense.

yes. But ET2 people get to buy the gold and silver too dnt they? where as we (they, as i cnt go Brum) only get standard.

• Showmasters Admin

I hope that makes sense.

yes. But ET2 people get to buy the gold and silver too dnt they? where as we (they, as i cnt go Brum) only get standard.

Yes, ET2 people do get to buy Gold and Silver, but that is how we always do it and it is the most fair way. Tickets for the next event go on sale at the previous event. If they do not sell out, which I have to say, neither did on the day at ET1, then they will go on sale to everyone else online the following day.

What we are offering people at ITSOTM is the ability to buy tickets before the general public who are not attending ET2. We can only offer Standard tickets for this as there is of course the possibility that Gold and Silver could sell out at ET2 for ET3.

Mark :clap:

I said in relation to ticket numbers, not at the event...

(although that was exactly what it was like if you didn't have a gold ticket at ET1, in my experience)

I wish not to argue. :) So I will see everyone at the weekend.

Hi LisaMarie,

I don't want to argue either, and I wasn't so sorry if it came across like that! :( I was just trying to clarify a couple of points!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

Mark :(

Yes, ET2 people do get to buy Gold and Silver, but that is how we always do it and it is the most fair way. Tickets for the next event go on sale at the previous event. If they do not sell out, which I have to say, neither did on the day at ET1, then they will go on sale to everyone else online the following day.

What we are offering people at ITSOTM is the ability to buy tickets before the general public who are not attending ET2. We can only offer Standard tickets for this as there is of course the possibility that Gold and Silver could sell out at ET2 for ET3.

Mark :clap:

oh Yes thts true :( I guess i understand. :( I'm jst not happy tht i cnt go :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

Is it not possible to have an extremely limited amount of silver & gold ickets available?

Sorry but no. As Mark has said there is the possiblity that they will sell out at ET2. And sorry to those not going to ET2 but they do have to come first and do have to be offered them first.

How would you feel if you were at ET2 and went to buy a Gold ticket to find they were sold out because some had been sold a month before hand? You'd not be to pleased.

It feels as if you don't want first time con goers at these events, nor do you want people who haven't attended the previous event...

Meh. Whatever. Your event, your rules.

But you can still buy them online..

Is it not possible to have an extremely limited amount of silver & gold ickets available?

Sorry but no. As Mark has said there is the possiblity that they will sell out at ET2. And sorry to those not going to ET2 but they do have to come first and do have to be offered them first.

How would you feel if you were at ET2 and went to buy a Gold ticket to find they were sold out because some had been sold a month before hand? You'd not be to pleased.

Fair point, but I meant something tiny like 5. No worries anyway, since I can only afford standard :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

Fair point, but I meant something tiny like 5. No worries anyway, since I can only afford standard :YAHOO:

I understand that, but if you were number 146 in the gold ticket line at ET2, you'd still be pretty upset that you came to the event but what was to be your gold ticket had been sold to someone else a month before.

I understand that, but if you were number 146 in the gold ticket line at ET2, you'd still be pretty upset that you came to the event but what was to be your gold ticket had been sold to someone else a month before.

its not their ticket then though is it? so we dnt even get a chance for them. So now we're upset. You shud tbh save everyone being upset and let us fight over them online. Thts the fairest way.

I still can't figure out why attendees from previous events get first dibs.

If you've never been able to attend a twilight event, then surely you're not getting the same opportunity as the people who constantly get first dibs.

I'm waiting until I've attended the Twi-prom to figure out whether or not these events are up to my sort of standard, before parting with any more money, so 'ticket numbers' aren't really that important to me.

I just find it unfair that anyone gets dibs, rather than them all going on sale at the same time. It's all very 'cliquey' to me, and I've never been one for cliques.

Surely that works both ways?

What if you were to be standard ticket 300 (or whatever) at ET2 but couldn't because 200 had already been sold?

Not fair, just elitist. Sounds like you realllllly don't want con-virgins or non ET2/ITSOTM attendees at ET3.

I can understand why people are annoyed even though I'm going to ET2 so can get a ticket to ET3 there.

Though you're getting a chance to sucure your ticket a month before us ET2ers, so by the time ET2 comes around you'll be able to know that you have your ticket while the rest of us are forcing our Mum's to wake up early and queue (a la moi, I love my mummy but I love my sleep more) to get our tickets.

• Showmasters Admin

It's a way of saying THANK YOU to the people that bought tickets and have supported the show. Yes OK, for the Twilight events it's a bit different as they do sell out, but for the other events it not a problem, but as a thanks for attending we let them buy at the shows.

There will be tickets online after the show, I am sure of it. I don't believe that ET3 will sell out complete at ET2. Even ET2 took 2 weeks to sell out on-line.

Yes maybe new people buying online won't get the BEST tickets first time. But as others have said the one and ONLY disadvantage this gives you is that you'll be further back in the talks.

For everything else, autographs, photo shoots and parties your ticket number means NOTHING. All it mean is when you'll go in to see certain people and because of the way I do it, you may well get to see the BIG guests before even some of the Gold and Silver ticket holders. So please do not think that having ticket number 580 is going to give you a terrible event, it's not.

Also when these new attendees come to ET3 they have the same chance as every other ET3 attendee at getting a low numbered gold, silver or standard ticket for ET4.

Edited by Too Tall

I can understand why people are annoyed even though I'm going to ET2 so can get a ticket to ET3 there.

Though you're getting a chance to sucure your ticket a month before us ET2ers, so by the time ET2 comes around you'll be able to know that you have your ticket while the rest of us are forcing our Mum's to wake up early and queue (a la moi, I love my mummy but I love my sleep more) to get our tickets.

yeah but we get standard and not the first numbers. :)