Anyone going alone?

darthnad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

At the moment I'm going alone, although I do sort-of know a few other people who are planning on going, so by the time it actually gets to November I might not be going alone...

• 2 weeks later...

If there's a bar, I'll be there...

See you there

Glad to see your going Jester, any news of Jude ?

Any others going alone, meet at the bar, first drinks are on me.... :D

Hello Simon. I asked Jude at LFCC if she was going to this one I think she said there was something else she was going to. I will put a post in and ask her. See you at the bar

i would be but i bumped into a old friend at LFCC 09 neither of us knew we were both into this and we had lost contact for about a year so ill meet him and his mate. good job to as im far to shy to strike up conversations with strangers at cons, in the most part anyway. lol ppl never believe that when they see my size and height.

at lfcc, one lady started talking to me and i just listened for the most part lol, another guy cos he thought i was two tall, and although ive never met two tall i had noticed someone taller than me (im 6ft6) in a crew shirt so i directed him over to that guy lol, other than that i had a few words with the guests i saw and a convo with one of the crew who was marshaling the photo shoot for shanks & mcgan on sunday, he was very professional, decent guy, even passed me my pics over the crowd at the pic table (one advantage of being tall lol)

I did see alot of nice women I wish i could of spoke to but my shyness intervened (the star trek girls and the woman in the skin tight green elf tree costume thing come to mind)

so originally i was going alone but looks like ill be attending with a friend now. but anyone who sees me please say hi, always nice to make friends

i would be but i bumped into a old friend at LFCC 09 neither of us knew we were both into this and we had lost contact for about a year so ill meet him and his mate. good job to as im far to shy to strike up conversations with strangers at cons, in the most part anyway. lol ppl never believe that when they see my size and height.

at lfcc, one lady started talking to me and i just listened for the most part lol, another guy cos he thought i was two tall, and although ive never met two tall i had noticed someone taller than me (im 6ft6) in a crew shirt so i directed him over to that guy lol, other than that i had a few words with the guests i saw and a convo with one of the crew who was marshaling the photo shoot for shanks & mcgan on sunday, he was very professional, decent guy, even passed me my pics over the crowd at the pic table (one advantage of being tall lol)

I did see alot of nice women I wish i could of spoke to but my shyness intervened (the star trek girls and the woman in the skin tight green elf tree costume thing come to mind)

so originally i was going alone but looks like ill be attending with a friend now. but anyone who sees me please say hi, always nice to make friends

I would be going alone if i can make it, not sure if i can go yet. I would appreciate it if someone could meet me somewhere as i'm not used to London, and i'm not sure how to get around London !.I have been to London with a family member a couple of times, but never alone. I usually arrive at Euston Station, as i would be getting the train there, and i'm not used to the tube, so if someone would be willing to meet me in Euston and then we could travel to the convention together, i would appreciate it. Not sure yet if i would be staying in a hotel but if i do, it would probably be the Ibis, as it's right next to Euston Station, i've stayed there before.Unless i can find a hotel near to where the convention is. it only takes two hours on a train from where i live, i usually go on Virgin trains which get you into London quickly, so depending on what time the trains are and how long it would take to get there from Euston, i might not need to get a hotel room, as i may be able to travel there and back in one day.

If anyone would be willing to meet up with me, please let me know.

By the way, i'm interested in meeting Rene Auberjonois, Heather Lagenkamp and Anthony Michael Hall.

Edited by Beth

I would be going alone if i can make it, not sure if i can go yet. I would appreciate it if someone could meet me somewhere as i'm not used to London, and i'm not sure how to get around London !.I have been to London with a family member a couple of times, but never alone. I usually arrive at Euston Station, as i would be getting the train there, and i'm not used to the tube, so if someone would be willing to meet me in Euston and then we could travel to the convention together, i would appreciate it. Not sure yet if i would be staying in a hotel but if i do, it would probably be the Ibis, as it's right next to Euston Station, i've stayed there before.Unless i can find a hotel near to where the convention is. it only takes two hours on a train from where i live, i usually go on Virgin trains which get you into London quickly, so depending on what time the trains are and how long it would take to get there from Euston, i might not need to get a hotel room, as i may be able to travel there and back in one day.

If anyone would be willing to meet up with me, please let me know.

By the way, i'm interested in meeting Rene Auberjonois, Heather Lagenkamp and Anthony Michael Hall.

Hi Beth, how are you?

what day are you planning on attending? early bird or normal?

Im still not sure yet but it looks as though im going both days, sat is more of a possible right now but it would be on my own if I did and sunday is a def with 4 friends. but times and meeting locations are still up in the air.

Id be happy to meet up with you somewere. add me on msn if you want and we can chat.

so far im interested in a photo shoot with billy dee, and im thnking about rene and shannon.

Rob

I will be flying from Glasgow all by myself.

hoping to stay overnight, but have to wait and see how the cash funds are in the next couple of weeks.

I f i do stay then i will be up for a good Bevy.

Good chance i will bring my Spidey costume :lol::spidy:

Edited by the batman

I'm also going alone cause my friends don't like these things. I will make a nice long weekend out of it staying one night on the boat from the Netherlands to England and 3 nights in london before flying back home.

there are quite some guest i want to meet, but i have to meet Shannen and AMH. I'm hoping on a nice name from buffy and more guest from the breakfast club and (female) guest from the Gilmore Girls would be really cool :)

greetings,

Sven

hoping to stay overnight, but have to wait and see how the cash funds are in the next couple of weeks.

Good chance i will bring my Spidey costume :D:spidy:

Heh, are you the same spidey who told me off for my superman t-shirt at LFCC by any chance?

And there are quite a few going alone. Although I've now persuaded a few friends towards coming (still not def) I'd still well be up for a meet if anyone wants? We could arrange a pub to meet up in (on the basis that everyone is over 18 of course) or something like that. I don't drink much myself, but they are the easiest places to meet in and less awkward to walk into alone.

Thoughts anyone?

Good chance i will bring my Spidey costume :o:spidy:

Heh, are you the same spidey who told me off for my superman t-shirt at LFCC by any chance?

And there are quite a few going alone. Although I've now persuaded a few friends towards coming (still not def) I'd still well be up for a meet if anyone wants? We could arrange a pub to meet up in (on the basis that everyone is over 18 of course) or something like that. I don't drink much myself, but they are the easiest places to meet in and less awkward to walk into alone.

Thoughts anyone?

Yeah that was me, so make sure you have the correct t shirt this time :o:P