We Want Rachelle!

Emelso

I don't want anyone else to play Victoria, I though she was amazing in Twilight and she would stay that way throughout the series, she fit the look perfectly and her attitude was great...

Would be a total tragedy for her to go

Summit have released a statement saying Rachelle only signed onto the other project in June & the schedule for Eclipse has been in place since early April...

Summit were only informed of the scheduling conflict on July 20th (last Monday)...

Statement - http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....howtopic=51807#

The fact remains that Summit HAVE recast the role & will stand by their decision, no matter how many petitions the fans start, end of story.

Summit have released a statement saying Rachelle only signed onto the other project in June & the schedule for Eclipse has been in place since early April...

Summit were only informed of the scheduling conflict on July 20th (last Monday)...

Statement - http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....howtopic=51807#

The fact remains that Summit HAVE recast the role & will stand by their decision, no matter how many petitions the fans start, end of story.

That doesn't mean we have to like it and it doesn't mean we have to be quiet about it either! Summit have us by the balls because they know we'll all go see the damn films anyways....but they should know we're not flippin happy!

Besides, I still think there's something damn fishy about the whole thing - Rachelle is only one human being who may have made a mistake or misunderstood something - Summit are a big company (now - thanks to Twilight fans!) who seem to be walking all over people now that they have the cash and credentials.

It's a sucky situation and whether or not we make a difference - I'm gonna shout about it!

As much as I do like Rachelle as the role, she didn't sign up for this film till dates AFTER summit announced their release date, No one knows what really happened except rachelle and summit.

LIke anita said no amount of petitions are gonna help, infact it's just gonna make twilight fans look like whinge bags, lol. Howard is a fantastic actress and she will do justice to the role, and I also feel really bad for her, it's like everyones saying she will be crap and saying they don't want her. It's not her fault and if she logged onto ANY twilight fan site all she'd see is people sayingbasically she aint good enough

Edited by Crépuscule

I would love Rachelle for ET2 I think she is (was) just great as Victoria.

I read her statement, & I feel sorry for her, from what I gather she turned down 7 movie roles to do Eclipse so she was definitely commited to the Twilight saga...... Eclipse was possibly gonna take 3 month or so to shoot so she knowingly took on another job that was only gonna take her out the filming schedule for 10days ..

Thing is Victoria is refered to more than actualy seen in Eclipse so she probably thought she would be fine & wasn't expecting any schedule conflicts.

I say fair play to her..

actors have to take the roles/MONEY when they can get them/IT at times & I don't think she has too many other films to her credit, I only know her through Twilight so maybe she couldn't aford to turn this other work down (I am possibly wrong, I know someone will probably be able to list about 20 films she has been in or something - but I'm guessing they won't exacly be lead roles)

Anyway... Obviously filming can't/won't be moved to accomodate her so there's not a lot we can do.

I agree with my friend Anita that no amount of petitions will help, but I also agree we don't have to like it...

Not much we can do but acept it...

Edited by Victoria

I would love Rachelle for ET2 I think she is (was) just great as Victoria.

I read her statement, & I feel sorry for her, from what I gather she turned down 7 movie roles to do Eclipse so she was definitely commited to the Twilight saga...... Eclipse was possibly gonna take 3 month or so to shoot so she knowingly took on another job that was only gonna take her out the filming schedule for 10days ..

Thing is Victoria is refered to more than actualy seen in Eclipse so she probably thought she would be fine & wasn't expecting any schedule conflicts.

I say fair play to her..

actors have to take the roles/MONEY when they can get them/IT at times & I don't think she has too many other films to her credit, I only know her through Twilight so maybe she couldn't aford to turn this other work down (I am possibly wrong, I know someone will probably be able to list about 20 films she has been in or something - but I'm guessing they won't exacly be lead roles)

Anyway... Obviously filming can't/won't be moved to accomodate her so there's not a lot we can do.

I agree with my friend Anita that no amount of petitions will help, but I also agree we don't have to like it...

Not much we can do but acept it...

and hope to get her for a con!!! :)

All I am saying is that once the movie company make the decision to re-cast a role, they are very rarely swayed by anyone.

People can moan all they want, but it won't make a difference... the best we can do is accept it & move on.

I can't honestly see many people boycotting the movie over one casting change, because (A.) the franchise is too popular & (B.) people will be curious how she handles the role.

If SM do manage to get her for a con, I would expect there to be a 'don't ask, don't tell' clause in her contract over this.

People can moan all they want, but it won't make a difference... the best we can do is accept it & move on.

"Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

I hope showmasters get her as a guest she is amazing gutted she is not in Eclipse. Its sad they are changing one of the main characters not saying the other actress will be bad i am sure she is great just like many others its just gonna be sad to see when we watch it that they changed our Victoria :D