Twilight

I've noticed a lot of people getting very excited about some people coming who are connected to 'Twilight'. Now, i've seen that there are a couple of books out, and I think there was a film last year, but is this really such a big deal? What's the mass appeal of it? Is it like a Harry Potter type thing?

It seems to have passed me by - odd really, because a quick google search seems to indicate that it's a vampire type thing, and I quite like the classic vampire movies, and even got into Buffy for a while...

So - can someone explain things to me?

Cheers

Dante

I've noticed a lot of people getting very excited about some people coming who are connected to 'Twilight'. Now, i've seen that there are a couple of books out, and I think there was a film last year, but is this really such a big deal? What's the mass appeal of it? Is it like a Harry Potter type thing?

It seems to have passed me by - odd really, because a quick google search seems to indicate that it's a vampire type thing, and I quite like the classic vampire movies, and even got into Buffy for a while...

So - can someone explain things to me?

Cheers

Dante

its a vampire chick flick!! i love it for the vampires personally an the werewolves to come!

mass appeal...many pretty people..(for the movie part)

dont worry it passed me by...every one on face book was twilight this twilight that..then i saw the trailer hear one key word...VAMPIRE and i was at the cinema right away.. brought all the books etc..

they are not your tipical vampires its not a "horror"

i would remove the whats the big deal part tho..twi fans ARE CRAZY!! :chair:

I'm normal too!

I have always been a huge fan of all things supernatural, but hadn't read the books or watched the film cos they were just in the teen section (I am 37)

But a friend of mine told me to read the first book.

I did, then went out and bought the other three, booked tickets to the cinema to see the film (thankfully it was still in)

and I was hooked

Its just Buffy and Angel without the sarcasm.

Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE Buffy and Angel fan!!!!!!!!!!!

But this is really sweet and romantic.

Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are my favourite of the books, bit faster pace

Try it, either it is for you or it isn't!

I would suggest read the books before watching the films..... as usual books are more detailed and in parts this is beautifully written and quite poetic..(have I gone too far with the poetry????)

i think its a bit far saying the twilight fans are crazy! there are fan groups of everything that always go that extra step and create an image of fans which isnt actually true.

twilight and the saga are amazing books that have been transformed into a film with some beautiful people. sure there are always going to be people who will jump on the twilight fan train wagon but i guess thats the same with most things.

OMG HUGE HUGE fan of Twilight but not crazy!!!!!!!!

I'm in my 40's cough cough!!!!!! got into Twilight through my daughter read the 1st book ......was hooked had too read all of them - favourite books Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.... the rest they say is history :lol:

You either love it or hate it !!!!! and as for the vampires well Rob and the rest of the guys are gorgeous ;)

Did not scream well not much at ET1 :( I might at ET2 :lol:

Edited by Twilightmum49

I like twilight alot, but the screaming really did my nut in at ET1 and i think at one point it freeked the guests out lol. Id like to write what it sounded as but for the more sensitive people on here i will describe it as 2000 cats all dying at once in some horrible way....

*No cats were hurt in the making of this comment.*

I reckon most of you are crazy in one way or another :huh:

Abso-bloomin-lutely is there any other way to be??? :thumbup:

David you are probably right - dread to think how much I have spent on Twilight got to be over 1.5k by now or even 2k with all the Cons etc :lol:

Money very well spent I say Debs!!!!

Edited by Juliette

I reckon most of you are crazy in one way or another :P

Abso-bloomin-lutely is there any other way to be??? :thumbup:

David you are probably right - dread to think how much I have spent on Twilight got to be over 1.5k by now or even 2k with all the Cons etc :lol:

Money very well spent I say Debs!!!!

:huh: Too right what else is there to spend my money on!!!!! :lol::lol:

Edited by Twilightmum49

I like twilight alot, but the screaming really did my nut in at ET1 and i think at one point it freeked the guests out lol. Id like to write what it sounded as but for the more sensitive people on here i will describe it as 2000 cats all dying at once in some horrible way....

*No cats were hurt in the making of this comment.*

LMAO

its true it was really bad.. im taking ear plugs for et2!!!!

Yes, try not reading anything else for over a year! seriously now after I first read twilight all those yonks ago I havn't touched anything since except wuthering heights hmm. I used to have so many favourite books too, its quite sad really.

twilight also makes you look at your current partner (if you have one!) and think...you don't sparkle for me ...... you b*stard :)

i am OBSESSED but i wouldn't scream in the face of the stars, surely that would just annoy them...when i meet peter i am going to play it cooooool :(

oh and also i actually discovered the books after seeing the film but i was glad a did as i already had the most important characters pictured in my head as i read the books, if i had read the books first and then watched the film the character image in my head would have been ruined.

TWILIGHT = AWESOMENESS :)

Edited by Edward Cullen Dazzles Me Daily

Sad thing is I havent read anything since :( dunno why just havent had the urge to read anything since :(

Me too! Even though my mum just gave me a whole load of books I've been asking to borrow for years! I just don't want to read them

It ain't just teenage fan girls who love Twilight.

I am a 28 year old male and thought Twilight was last year's best film and certainly one of my favorites now, I even read the book (and I'm not a big reader). That said I am a HUGE Buffy fan, so I guess they are similarities.

I look forward to meeting Peter (aka Dr Cullen) next month.

I love Twilight just for the crack of it. I would never go to a Twilight con just because not all the fans but there are some hard core mad but thats true about most fandoms.

It's a shame it looks like the Edward book is never going to be published