Showmasters: What is going on?

Lambourne

Hay man thats taken it well far, i would never say that about any of you. Sick freak!

Just be grateful David's not trying to initiate you into his strange glomping ways, I'm reliably informed he's into that on the quiet, has quite a history of it by all accounts

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Just be grateful David's not trying to initiate you into his strange glomping ways, I'm reliably informed he's into that on the quiet, has quite a history of it by all accounts

Trying to dirty my name. How dare you.

You know what?

I think Michael's Killer might be Keith.

It all fits.

It would work all you need is sponsors and to take a risk, it seems Showmasters does not like risk taking and if thats true then they get no where.

I seem to remember Jason posting that he lost £100k (or was it £200k?) on LFCC a couple of years back. I think that they also posted tht they were dropping about £20k on an event a few months back. Now if being prepared to lose five and six figure sums is not taking a risk, exactly how much should they be risking for you to classify it as taking a risk, Mr Highroller?

Other the years I have heard they wont run things because people wont turn up

Over the years I've heard that the moon landings were faked in a TV studio, that Elvis is still alive and that the Priory of Sion has the Holy Grail....

Look all im saying is Showmasters should really look at the structure of cons instead of rushing into things, have a major big con all in one once a year touring with diffrent guests so this gives advantages to people who cannot get to London. So therefore scrap all these one off shows from diffrent films and tv shows and keep the LFCC as you name with all the guests from the seperate shows and more guests from movies, from diffrent genres and gain more promotion, profit and bigger guests. Easy as 123. Keep it real keep it simple.

It's a lot easier and cheaper to do this in the US; travel is much cheaper, the actors live there, and it's a much larger population,meaning you can mke this sort of thing pay off. Consider the costs of flying them all over here (not to mention the costs of air-freighting all those props over), and the fact that the studios would be looking at getting much smaller returns from the UK market... the studios aren't going to pony up, so you're just proposing an immense expense that's unlikely to be covered. Quite a risk for you to take with somebody else's money...

I seriously think that Showmasters have more studio contacts than you.... A PR person may tell you that they'd love to come and promote, but it's not financially viable.

Exactly, the PR guys will be all positive and bubbly, because that's their job. Talk to the people who hold the purse strings and actually sign off on such big ticket promo events and you'll get something between "sorry, we'd love to, but..." and "Not worth our while - simple as that."

I do belive they have thought this through David, but they seem to be expanding into shows for many other fans but not others if it was equal then it be fine but its not. Plus i love to do my own show but I dont have sufficent start up costs to do one

Oh go on, take a risk. I'm sure with your "Keep it real keep it simple" mantra, this time next year you'll be a millionaire...

I reckon we should kill him first before he gets to us.

Threats of physical violence against forum users is strictly prohibited.... no matter whether you're joking, or how much of a numpty they are.

The £80 is the amount I've lost on this con. through travel and hotel fees. It goes hand in hand with the ticket cost, because I wouldn't buy a ticket without making good and sure I can get to the event and have somewhere to stay...I'd worry that if I waited until too close to the event to book hotels/trains etc, they might be booked up. Or at least, the rates would be higher.

As I said, you have my sympathies. Booking accomodation/travel in advance is a swings and roundabouts thing. You make a saving by booking travel in advance, but then you're risking the money. I don't know how much the saving is, but if you're coming by train, it's ulikely to ever sell out.

I had a ticket for this event, but I didn't get a hotel room, firstly because of the lack of guests and secondly, because I knew I'd be able to book one somewhere sooner to the event. Again, there are almost always hotels available in Northampton.

Threats of physical violence against forum users is strictly prohibited.... no matter whether you're joking, or how much of a numpty they are.

Lol Chris I think you might be taking that comment too seriously :uhoh:

KK we had fun last night taken the ****, now lets move on and ask for great guests to attend up coming shows. As Chris said this forum is not for that kind of behavour. So i apologise for being a numpty, and yes i write fast and its hard to understand. I will be working on this to bring my point across more corherant. Im not really a numpty just a fool that gets kicks like most people on here, and my name is not Keith its Daniel.

Lol Chris I think you might be taking that comment too seriously :spidy:

No, I realise that a posse of geeks/nerds* out to lynch some suspected-troll** is ridiculous and about as scary as a not very scary at all thing (I FAIL ata analogies), the point is that it was a joke too far :uhoh:

*I consider myself to be a geek, so no offence was intended

**except for maybe this bit

Edited by chris_mk

It would work all you need is sponsors and to take a risk, it seems Showmasters does not like risk taking and if thats true then they get no where.

I seem to remember Jason posting that he lost £100k (or was it £200k?) on LFCC a couple of years back. I think that they also posted tht they were dropping about £20k on an event a few months back. Now if being prepared to lose five and six figure sums is not taking a risk, exactly how much should they be risking for you to classify it as taking a risk, Mr Highroller?

Other the years I have heard they wont run things because people wont turn up

Over the years I've heard that the moon landings were faked in a TV studio, that Elvis is still alive and that the Priory of Sion has the Holy Grail....

Look all im saying is Showmasters should really look at the structure of cons instead of rushing into things, have a major big con all in one once a year touring with diffrent guests so this gives advantages to people who cannot get to London. So therefore scrap all these one off shows from diffrent films and tv shows and keep the LFCC as you name with all the guests from the seperate shows and more guests from movies, from diffrent genres and gain more promotion, profit and bigger guests. Easy as 123. Keep it real keep it simple.

It's a lot easier and cheaper to do this in the US; travel is much cheaper, the actors live there, and it's a much larger population,meaning you can mke this sort of thing pay off. Consider the costs of flying them all over here (not to mention the costs of air-freighting all those props over), and the fact that the studios would be looking at getting much smaller returns from the UK market... the studios aren't going to pony up, so you're just proposing an immense expense that's unlikely to be covered. Quite a risk for you to take with somebody else's money...

I seriously think that Showmasters have more studio contacts than you.... A PR person may tell you that they'd love to come and promote, but it's not financially viable.

Exactly, the PR guys will be all positive and bubbly, because that's their job. Talk to the people who hold the purse strings and actually sign off on such big ticket promo events and you'll get something between "sorry, we'd love to, but..." and "Not worth our while - simple as that."

I do belive they have thought this through David, but they seem to be expanding into shows for many other fans but not others if it was equal then it be fine but its not. Plus i love to do my own show but I dont have sufficent start up costs to do one

Oh go on, take a risk. I'm sure with your "Keep it real keep it simple" mantra, this time next year you'll be a millionaire...

Look TommyT, say what you want about me, this was all a joke why take it serious, im sorry if it pissed you off, just lets get back to normal and enjoy what showmasters provides us fans with.

KK we had fun last night taken the ****, now lets move on and ask for great guests to attend up coming shows. As Chris said this forum is not for that kind of behavour. So i apologise for being a numpty, and yes i write fast and its hard to understand. I will be working on this to bring my point across more corherant. Im not really a numpty just a fool that gets kicks like most people on here, and my name is not Keith its Daniel.

I write fast and I make perfect sense. Just a thought for you.

While I'll personally say "never say never" I can't see a Lost or even Abrams universe specific event happening soon.

Jason has posted this in the other pinned topic about the cancellation:

all i can say is we have been holding back on Lost ,Alias ,Fringe guest for all the other shows we run so now you will get to see more guest from these show at Collectormania the like so fans of the shows will get to meet some of the guest in the future