so what did we all think about the new Star Trek ?

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

i have seen it twice and i must say i liked it a lot and felt they had found what Star Trek was all about

i think Trek has great future what do you all think ?

ps i thought Deep Roy was funny too

jason :lol:

I still havent had a chance to see it in the theaters but *shrug* I caved.

It was amazing. I wont make any more points until I've seen it how it was intended to be seen at least twice, but do not miss this movie. in fact, go see it now.

Best.Film.Ever. And that is coming from a well established, hardcore Trekkie!! All superb actors and *hint hint* would love to meet them sometime soon :blink: Including Deep Roy! I saw his character and thought "oh god, not Trek's version of Ewoks!", but it wasn't like that at all :P

Didn't think I would but I really enjoyed it. One of the better Trek films (didn't knock Wrath of Khan off from my number one spot). Best performance for me was by Karl Urban. Perfect as McCoy. I was very impressed with Chris Pine as well. From the trailers I didn't think I would like him as Kirk. Thankfully I was wrong.

Looking forward to the next one!!

Although I do hope this doesn't mean they will concentrate purely on films fron now on. I would like to see a new tv series in the near future. Based in the original timeline/universe, while keeping the new universe in the film setting.

and *hint hint* would love to meet them sometime soon ;)
Spies huge potential for Trek (all series/universes/etc) con :vader:

Seen it three times now (including once at IMAX) and would go again in a heartbeat!

It's revived my old Trek love, and I've had all my TNG and Voyager episodes out again. Even bought TOS season one on DVD. Loving every second! :P

Just got back from seeing it and I loved it more than I thought I would :D I never loved the show/movies, though I could watch TNG if I was bored, but I loved this. It had so much spark. I think all of the actors did well, although my pleasant surprise was Chris Pine. I did not expect to like him as much as I did.

Watched it again today :D

Although I do hope this doesn't mean they will concentrate purely on films fron now on. I would like to see a new tv series in the near future. Based in the original timeline/universe, while keeping the new universe in the film setting.

I agree, hopefully we'll have a new series in the near future based on the proper timeline, I liked the film but really hope they don't abandon the original timeline completely for this new alternate one.

Im not really a full on trek fan (will TNG if its on but wont make a point of seeing it etc). Really enjoyed the film and I thought it was quite clever how they managed to have a completely different story to the original series by having an alternate timeline. Keeps fans of the original series happy beacuse it means that doesn't cancel out the original series as cannon. Only trouble with timetravel storyline is that it leaves paradoxes and plot holes. Still if you suspend belief slightly and don't think about it too hard its cool.

Don't ask I don't normally see things more then 2-3 times but between myself wanting to see it on the Thursday my friends wanting to see it and my husband also seeing it with me 3 times I've some how managed to see it 5 times (its a lot for me)

Liked it a lot, even liked Scottys pet tribble (you did notice that on his table in the cage didn't you) and the nods to trek fans were good, there were quite a few in there that I spotted.

Hopefully my hubby won't want to see it again but if he does I won't say no,

:wub:

LLAP ;)

Edited by zebredy

Scottys pet tribble (you did notice that on his table in the cage didn't you)

I didn't notice it the first time but read about it and so looked out for it the 2nd time and spotted it :D

I think 5 times is a lot for most people?

• 2 weeks later...