Autographica 14

showmasters

The second autographica of the year will once again be at the Hilton Metropole, Birmingham NEC and will be held on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th of September 2009.

11th Sept is a Friday, so shouldn't that read as Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th September :D

The second autographica of the year will once again be at the Hilton Metropole, Birmingham NEC and will be held on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th of September 2009.

11th Sept is a Friday, so shouldn't that read as Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th September :thumbup:

Don't they usually have some diamond pass related festivities on the Friday night as well?

Given the recent success, is there any chance of linking another Collectormania Midlands event to this. Seemed to work for dealers and visitors a few weeks back.

Hello,

it`s a pity,that Autographica will host in Birmingham again.

Well,I hoped,that showmasters will continue to rotate the location of the show between London and Birmingham.My favourite place for the show is London-Heathrow,because of the optimal air connection between Stuttgart and London.The air connection from Stuttgart to Birmingham makes higher traveling expenses for me,because a one day trip with travel times like to London is not possible.And the traveling expenses to London are high priced enough.

I love Autographica,because I had a lot of very impressive meetings there with astronauts,actors,etc..

So I hope showmasters will return back with Autographica to London-Heathrow sometimes again.

Best from Stuttgart in Germany,

Helmut

This is an excellent venue with its more centralised location. It does not favour those from the south east and gives greater accessability countrywide.

Keep Birmingham !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an excellent venue with its more centralised location. It does not favour those from the south east and gives greater accessability countrywide.

Keep Birmingham !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree - and, with all due respect, I really hope that the organisers don't listen to Stuttgart Stu over there - get a connecting flight to Birmingham for crying out loud!!! :D

Hello,

Well,I hoped,that showmasters will continue to rotate the location of the show between London and Birmingham.My favourite place for the show is London-Heathrow,because of the optimal air connection between Stuttgart and London.The air connection from Stuttgart to Birmingham makes higher traveling expenses for me,because a one day trip with travel times like to London is not possible.And the traveling expenses to London are high priced enough.

I love Autographica,because I had a lot of very impressive meetings there with astronauts,actors,etc..

So I hope showmasters will return back with Autographica to London-Heathrow sometimes again.

Helmut

Showmasters, please do not listen.

Edited by QS: Sorry, I have edited you post. If this was your idea of a joke, I did not find this funny at all.

Helmut is just as entitled as everyone else to speak up if he does not lik a venue. Just look at the Manchester forum and look at posts of users there who want to have another Manchester event because they have travel issues.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I think the majority of Mancunians now have issues not with travelling to events elsewhere but because the show which plenty turned up for has been scrapped because the selection of guests didnt pull in the cash with the autos.

I'd love an Autographica in my living room - but it ain't gonna happen.

I live in the north-east and we never ever get any decent big shows up here. But hey, I dont care - because when there is such a good line up of guests at a show, I cannot miss out, no matter how far I have to travel. I make the effort.

I make a weekend out of it, stay in a nice decent hotel and have a great time, and sometimes the missus comes too!

It makes me laugh when people complain they want a show on their doorstep, and still expect the big names to turn up. Manchester is a prime example. A massive show was organised, a lot of people did turn up, but nobody spent any money.

It makes me laugh when people complain they want a show on their doorstep, and still expect the big names to turn up. Manchester is a prime example. A massive show was organised, a lot of people did turn up, but nobody spent any money.

I spent around 250 quid on the Saturday at the last Manc show on replica Stormtrooper helmets,dvds,books,autos from the dealers etc and stick on top of that the 30 quid me and the missus spent at the bar.

A couple of associates i hooked up with on Sunday told me theyd spent around the same too.

Things is out of a combined grand total of around 700 quid the 3 of us spent 45 quid on 1 Doug Bradley auto each.Id love more autos in my binder as im sure do many of the Manc faithful but unfortunatly down to cancellations,guests not wanting to travel to "the wrong side of the Pennines" or misjudged guests nobody coughed up on the auto side of things.

If MK or LFCC is on your "doorstep" you will spend more on autos because you get the big names and more guests however if on your "doorstep" you dont get the big names or a lot of guests you are not going to be getting many autos are you thus not putting money in SMs pockets.

The Manc show may have been "massive" but the guest list in the Ali G sense or otherwise was indeed not.

Am i right in assuming that the CM show will be taking place same wknd again as Autographica?

All the dates for the other themed cons run from sept - 2nd week of nov.

After that its the 21st and that date as we know is a no no.

Edited by Phantom

I think the majority of Mancunians have issues

The good news is that you can easily blend in to the locals in Manchester, simply by adding "an' that" to the end of every sentence.

For example : -

"That SM, they've got a lot of guests an' that"

"That Phantom, he's Anthony Daniels's biggest fan an' that"

Etc. By following this simple linguistic rule, you'll be able to communicate with the local Manc scallys with ease.

I think the majority of Mancunians have issues

The good news is that you can easily blend in to the locals in Manchester, simply by adding "an' that" to the end of every sentence.

For example : -

"That SM, they've got a lot of guests an' that"

"That Phantom, he's Anthony Daniels's biggest fan an' that"

Etc. By following this simple linguistic rule, you'll be able to communicate with the local Manc scallys with ease.

I think you may have seen too much Shameless or Liam Gallagher interviews....an` that.

You're forgetting the greatest Manc ever to walk the earth - the incomparable KARL PILKINGTON!

Yes i did but in fact the greatest Mancunian to walk the earth is Mark E Smith with Frank Sidebottom a close second.

i felt the last event at the hilton was very well orgonised and layed out i am very glad it's in birmingham again also as london is a good run for us midland folk.

also from the other thread i think leslie nielsen would be a perfect guest!

failing that george A remero! good luck organising evrything and roll on september!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Helmut

I totally agree with you! It's quite hard and expensive to go to Birmingham when you're from abroad... above all when you already attended Collectormania MK and LFCC the same year :P Hope that Autographica will be back in London!

best regards from Paris, France.

Hello,

Helmut

I totally agree with you! It's quite hard and expensive to go to Birmingham when you're from abroad... above all when you already attended Collectormania MK and LFCC the same year :P Hope that Autographica will be back in London!

best regards from Paris, France.

It is a much better event when it is held in Birmingham - the hotel is superb, and I for one hope it remains at the Hilton Metropole, Birmingham for many years to come.