Another event for Twilight fans in the UK

showmasters

Lol us "non-teenagers" are taking over this thread :D hehe

An as for Team Twilight, I think that Team Bella is horribly underated.. as much as I adore and drool over Edward, I know in my heart that she's the real star of the books. She's so strong and .. focused I guess. Anyone agree??

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol us "non-teenagers" are taking over this thread :P hehe

An as for Team Twilight, I think that Team Bella is horribly underated.. as much as I adore and drool over Edward, I know in my heart that she's the real star of the books. She's so strong and .. focused I guess. Anyone agree??

Im nearly ot a teenager!

1 year and 4 months and I'll officially be 20.

And on that birthday I'll be sat at home crying, as being a teenager is the greatest escuse around!

I do agree, Bella is such a strong character, tho she does make some silly decisions in the book that made me wanna lecutre her ha. For example, kissing Jacob back. I did infact sit in bed slightly gob smacked at that!

Hehehe.

I watched an interview with Kristen Stewart and its really odd how much like Bella she is in real life. Every little pause in sentences and the way she pulls certain faces when she speaks.

Lol us "non-teenagers" are taking over this thread :P hehe

Im nearly ot a teenager!

1 year and 4 months and I'll officially be 20.

And on that birthday I'll be sat at home crying, as being a teenager is the greatest escuse around!

I do agree, Bella is such a strong character, tho she does make some silly decisions in the book that made me wanna lecutre her ha. For example, kissing Jacob back. I did infact sit in bed slightly gob smacked at that!

Hehehe.

I watched an interview with Kristen Stewart and its really odd how much like Bella she is in real life. Every little pause in sentences and the way she pulls certain faces when she speaks.

Omg yes!!! I thought the exact same thing.. she has that same... introvertness about her (if that's even a word :P) I love Kirsten, she rocks!

As for turning 20, yeaaahhh you get away with a lot less!

Hmm, I think you might be right about Bella.

I thought about Team supernatural, to include the wolves and vampires, but that leaves out Charlie Swan, and his sense of timing is brilliant.

About those books, I found that on Amazon.co.uk you can get all three for £13 (going to order them this week! ) :P

Yea I like Kristen to, she seems really down to earth and abit of a laugh.

Im gonna have to make the most of being 18 and 19!!

20 sounds so old, considering im so stupidly immature ha.

I haven't been able to read a book right through since the saga!

Apart from Wuthering Heights and we all know why that is lol. I have literally read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun and then back again haha. My copies are so worn out, I have to carry at least one of them with me or I feel nervous, now that is odd lol.

Maybe this could get me back into reading ooh.

I'm not sure if I could!

Trust me, I felt exactly the same.

I kept reaidng the saga and over, finish breaking Dawn then starting on twilight the next night.

It took a teeny while to get into the Mortal Instrument books, but I started picturing the main characters, Jace and Clary, abit like Edward and Bella, now im hooked!

Ive also ordered the first book from the set by Charlaine harris, looking forward to reading that.

I think I shall give them a go then!

And if anyone is looking for another set of books, I was addicted to the Tales Of the Otori series, They are amazing and very re-readable. :P

I am new here and am well and truly a non-teenager and have read all 4 books numerous times. I think I'm obviously having some sort of mid-life crisis.

They are my daughters books and I keep nicking them and her DVD without her knowing because she thinks I've lost the plot. What's going on???

Team Twilight and Team Stephenie all the way! :D:D

ohh yess i definately 'understand' i need my little bit of twilight each day otherwise i have really bad withdrawel symptoms oh gosh i really do sound like a crazy person :S

ahh well i love it too much to stop :D haha

If you're a 'crazy person' then so am I! lol Come to think of it...we probably all are! But yeah, you're right, when you 'love it' - why stop? I'm purely only thinking of my 'Twilight widower' hubby and my 2 'neglected' kids! lol

My friend and I keep sayin - if we feel like this b4 ET2, how are we gonna be after it? And after the others (if we're lucky enough to get tickets to the north/south ones that is) - how has it been for you all since ET1? Symptoms of addiction any different?

Ha ha ha yes I think we're all a tad crazy! ET2 is gonna be the 1st one me, my sister and my friend have been to and OMG 1ce ET2 and the other events are done with...what will we doooo?? I really will have withdrawels! Then again I'll just keep doing what I'm doing now and that's reading the saga over and over again! I've read it every day since I bought them! My boyfriend seriously thinks I'm obsessed and will somehow (no idea how) will run away with Edward ha ha ha!

Great to hear we're not the only ones to experience ET for the 1st time.

What will we do after it :D ???? Wait for ET3 I bet? You can bet on that, like you can bet on Alice! lol

I know what you mean about the re-reading - I too haven't put them down since getting them - love em!

And the 'running away with Edward'....yes please! ha ha he he

Ha ha ha yup you can def bet on that like you can bet on Alice!

LMAO yes I was secretly thinking to myself "Oooft I wish!" Ha ha ha awww that's mean of me! I love my bf really! I think he's going through a midlife crisis though (he's way off 50 yet lol) as he's going on about me dying his hair and straightening it for him! Oh actually I sorta put that idea in his head lol!

Edited by twilight obsessive

I am new here and am well and truly a non-teenager and have read all 4 books numerous times. I think I'm obviously having some sort of mid-life crisis.

They are my daughters books and I keep nicking them and her DVD without her knowing because she thinks I've lost the plot. What's going on???

Team Twilight and Team Stephenie all the way! :D:D

Heya! Welcome!

Ha ha ha nah I don't think you've lost the plot! You've just got as engrossed in them as we have and now you've become obsessed lol! Nothing wrong with that though! Nothing wrong at all! They are the most amazing set of books I've read in a loooong time!!

Apart from Wuthering Heights and we all know why that is lol. I have literally read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun and then back again haha. My copies are so worn out, I have to carry at least one of them with me or I feel nervous, now that is odd lol.

I'm not sure if I could!

Trust me, I felt exactly the same.

I kept reaidng the saga and over, finish breaking Dawn then starting on twilight the next night.

It took a teeny while to get into the Mortal Instrument books, but I started picturing the main characters, Jace and Clary, abit like Edward and Bella, now im hooked!

Ive also ordered the first book from the set by Charlaine harris, looking forward to reading that.

I think I shall give them a go then!

And if anyone is looking for another set of books, I was addicted to the Tales Of the Otori series, They are amazing and very re-readable. :o

I've just ordered, from my book club, a vampire romance book set of 6 which comprises of "Every Last Drop" by Charlie Huston, "The Devil's Due" by Jenna Black, "Dark Possession" by Christine Feehan, "One Silent Night" by Sherrilyn Kenyon, "Where Demons Dare" by Kim harrison" and "Midnight Moon" by Lori Handeland. The only downside is they're not the 1st book in their sagas, they all seem to be mid way through or like the 2nd one in.

I'm not sure if I could!

Ugh I really hope Stephenie carries on writing that in the end rather than put it on hold indefinately coz I'm so desperate to read the rest!! I got to the end of the chapters I had and was like "Noooooo......I wanna read moooore" ha ha ha!

Hi all. Sorry, I'm new to this site. I'm so relieved to discover I'm not the only "non-teenager" who has the Twilight addiction, a lot of my friends think I've gone insane, its refreshing to know I am no longer alone!! Now also sooooooooo excited about the soon to be announced dates for the additional events. Feel like I'm reliving my youth!!! x

I'm new here too!

Only found out about Twilight from a drawing competition, a friend told me to read the books and enter a piece for the competition.

I ended up reading all four books and The Host in a week! Fantastic! I was hooked. We then went the next week to the cinema to see the film.

In the meantime, both of my children had read the first book and wanted to go to see the film too, so we went the following week!

So the whole family has been!

Me and my youngest son are the biggest addicts though! :(

I only recently borrowed the first book from a friend! Since then I've bought and read all four books in the space of a week and have watched the film every night!! I can't get enough of it!

I thought by my age I would've known better but just can't help myself!!

I'm sooo excited to find out about the conventions, my friend in the US has only just told me she's just been to the one in Orlando and says it was fantastic! :chair:

Hi all. Sorry, I'm new to this site. I'm so relieved to discover I'm not the only "non-teenager" who has the Twilight addiction, a lot of my friends think I've gone insane, its refreshing to know I am no longer alone!! Now also sooooooooo excited about the soon to be announced dates for the additional events. Feel like I'm reliving my youth!!! x

Hi, I'm new too! (apologies to all for my lack of forum 'skills', need to get the hang of it all)

Another non- teenager (love that term!) - yeah! Helloooo. My friends and family think I've 'lost the plot' too but here....I feel so normal! lol . Imagine how gr8 it will b to spend a whole wkend with fellow nutters, all lovin the same thing! Well, I say that in the loosest sense - can Edward and Jacob be termed as the 'same thing' - definately not! Team Edward! ;) x

I need to get the hang of this too!! I'm lovng the non-teenager term aswell!! There's only me and another girl at work who have read the books ( well she's just started breaking dawn!) and the rest of the office think we've lost the plot. Spending the weekend with fellow nutters sounds fab too, just hoping I may be able to get a ticket, not sure how that works yet???

Definitely couldn't term Edward and Jacob as the 'same thing' but I'm with you - Team Edward all the way!! x :chair:

Hi there,

I'm also a non-teenager and glad to see that there are more of us out there. First-timer with ET, missed ET1 and am looking forward to ET2. My routine is pretty much the same as all the rest, every second movement is 'check the forum' to see when this new event will be given a date. CAN'T WAIT!

Team Twilight and Team Stephenie all the way! :YAHOO::YAHOO:

Team Twilight and Team Stephenie all the way! :YAHOO::YAHOO:

Heya! Welcome!

Ha ha ha nah I don't think you've lost the plot! You've just got as engrossed in them as we have and now you've become obsessed lol! Nothing wrong with that though! Nothing wrong at all! They are the most amazing set of books I've read in a loooong time!!

:YAHOO: Welcome to the wonderful world of Twilight - There are a few of us who are not teenagers (although in my head I am !!!) You've not lots of plot as Twilight Obsessive says - just enjoy yourself I've read the books so many times now I've lost count - at present I'm reading Eclipse which I read on the train going to work and like so many on here always have one of the books with me to read - as for the film well I've lost count on that as well :P

Went to ET1 with my daughter (*midnight*sun*) and her friend Smilight going to ET2 - can't wait for the date of the mini con :YAHOO: Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis !!!! lol (well my husband thinks I am) :YAHOO:

:dance: Let us older ones stick together lol :dance:

Edited by Twilightmum49

• Showmasters Admin

Just a quick update so people don't feel they've been forgotten. SM are working out the logistic of DATES/2 VENUES/3 GUESTS.

All need to line up.

We need 3 guests that are available on the same weekend, then 2 venues that are free on the same weekend and on a weekend we don't already have an event!

As you can imagine it's an interesting juggling game. It's getting there but sometimes guest negotiations just aren't as fast as a vampire.

So please be patient, they are working hard on this and they are going to be great events. As soon as all the different parts are finalized an announcement will be made.

Edited by Too Tall

Just a quick update so people don't feel they've been forgotten. SM are working out the logistic of DATES/2 VENUES/3 GUESTS.

All need to line up.

We need 3 guests that are available on the same weekend, then 2 venues that are free on the same weekend and on a weekend we don't already have an event!

As you can imagine it's an interesting juggling game. It's getting there but sometimes guest negotiations just aren't as fast as a vampire.

So please be patient, they are working hard on this and they are going to be great events. As soon as all the different parts are finalized an announcement will be made.

:P Thanks Too Tall for the update I know you all do a fantastic job at SM and it can't be easy to put together - just can't wait now..... :YAHOO:

Edited by Twilightmum49

All need to line up.

:P Thanks Too Tall for the update I know you all do a fantastic job at SM and it can't be easy to put together - just can't wait now..... :YAHOO:

Awww Mummy is happy :YAHOO:

Now back to work! :YAHOO:

All need to line up.

:YAHOO: Thanks Too Tall for the update I know you all do a fantastic job at SM and it can't be easy to put together - just can't wait now..... :YAHOO:

Awww Mummy is happy :YAHOO:

Now back to work! :YAHOO:

:YAHOO: lol :YAHOO: Internet working then!!!!!

:P Yes happy bunny :YAHOO:

All need to line up.

Thanks for update - can relax a little bit today!!!!!!

All need to line up.

Thanks so much for the update! Nice to know things are coming along....maybe not as fast as a vampire but as fast as is humanly possible! It's understandable that the dates have to be worked around when the guests are available to do the events.