FRIDAY 30TH MEET UP

Sazzzy

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pub down the road is well used to convention attendees and the odd guest over the weekend so sure she will be geared up for everyone. It is the usual meeting place for any con on the friday afternoon. cant get too drunk too quick though the opening ceremony is quite early so for those with gold tickets you may want to go get changed first. good pub though with good food too.

GUTTED!!!!

Just found out I HAVE to be in uni until noon on the Friday, as I'll need to give a presentation on my University Master's Thesis and I REALLY cannot get out of it!!! :wub: So wont be able to get to london until at least 4pm :P

you wont miss anything coming at 4 as the opening ceremonry is usually around 6.30ish anyway.

The name of the pub is the white horse, turn left outside the gates of the thistle and walk down for 5 mins and its the other side of the road, cant miss it. the landlady is well used to con attendees now.

nicky

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I'm so new to this so please bare over with me, I've never been to any event before but I am so exited about going to this, I love Buffy! :blink: But the thing is, I haven't ordered a ticket yet because I couldn't find anyone to go with and felt a bit alone. :( But I have recently got the feeling that we are many going alone, and perhapse could stay together and have a good time instead of walking around alone and not being able to share the absolute glee we are feeling? :huh:

Anyway, I would love to come and meet some fellow Buffy-fans so please count me in if the fact is that some people are willing to get a fan-girl attached to their group. ;P

Lots of Buffy-love from Lise XD

... This is like some kind of "please be my friend" letter, a bit pathetic! XD -.-'

.. Well... Will you? ^.^'

excuse my newbie-ness about this but I know a lot of people have been getting t-shirts for the meet-up... is it like a requirement? Cos while the t-shirts looked pretty cool i would rather save my money for booze, food and auctions (in that order lol).

Hey!

I'm so new to this so please bare over with me, I've never been to any event before but I am so exited about going to this, I love Buffy! :D But the thing is, I haven't ordered a ticket yet because I couldn't find anyone to go with and felt a bit alone. ;) But I have recently got the feeling that we are many going alone, and perhapse could stay together and have a good time instead of walking around alone and not being able to share the absolute glee we are feeling? :dance:

Anyway, I would love to come and meet some fellow Buffy-fans so please count me in if the fact is that some people are willing to get a fan-girl attached to their group. ;P

... This is like some kind of "please be my friend" letter, a bit pathetic! XD -.-'

You absolutely don't have to worry, really! You will meet friends from all over obsessed with the same thing you are - it's like instant bonding glue :dance:

I went to my first con few years back totally alone and dind't know anybody, I was meeting people and making friends from first minutes in a registration queue, everyone was very friendly, you will never end up alone. My experience was so fantastic, that I don't worry at all about coming solo to this one.

excuse my newbie-ness about this but I know a lot of people have been getting t-shirts for the meet-up... is it like a requirement? Cos while the t-shirts looked pretty cool i would rather save my money for booze, food and auctions (in that order lol).

I was going to make one, but been away and will leave again for work before the con, so it doesn't look like I'm getting one.... I don't think it's a requirement, it's just an easy way to spot each other on a day and have a souvenir afterwards.

What I didn instead and it cost me absolutely nothing - I printed out on a paper a Hallowhedon logo with my name and made a badge and the I was thinking of wearing another Whedon related tshirt - I have a Serenity one. So not exactly what everyone else is wearing but close enough. You can try the same.

Hey!

I'm so new to this so please bare over with me, I've never been to any event before but I am so exited about going to this, I love Buffy! :blush: But the thing is, I haven't ordered a ticket yet because I couldn't find anyone to go with and felt a bit alone. :spew: But I have recently got the feeling that we are many going alone, and perhapse could stay together and have a good time instead of walking around alone and not being able to share the absolute glee we are feeling? :stretcher:

There are quite a few people going alone to the event, so I'm sure you'll be fine! We're a friendly bunch, I'm sure as soon as you start chatting to anyone at the event, you'll forget you came alone!!!

I'll be there with a friend, but am really looking forward togetting to know everyone as well..I know it can be scary boking without having anyone to go with, I booked a year a go to go on my own and then randomly a month ago one of my friends decided she wanted to come! But seriouslt, dont let going alone divert you from coming, it's not an issue! Everyone on here and I'm sure those who dont post are lovely :stretcher:

Definately not a requirement! Nobody needs to have them, it was just a way to easily recognize us lot for the forum, and a cheats way to learn names lol!

But if you'd rather save you money for other aspects of the event, I'd say go for it!!! :blush: and you'll be able to spot us from a mile off anyway, seeing as we'll be shirted up :blush:

its going to be awsome, and dotn worry anyone whos on there own.. u wont be for long i promise

So true!

Never been to a con before, but I went to see Marsters in Cardiff in '07. I remember being all worried because I was alone, but everybody was so very nice, I enjoyed myself immensely. I believe the con will be even better. Joss' fans are made of awesome, after all ;-)

(Was that completely random? My head is spinning from working too hard today :D)