So Where Does Everyone Stay?

Tanith

Was just wondering where in the country are you all from?

Do many of you stay in or near Glasgow or are some of you going to be travelling a distance to get to the event.

Me personally I am from a town called East Kilbride which is about half an hour on the train from Glasgow Central. I travel to and from the Central a lot during the week so the journey would not be to much for me. Plus point of this is that I don't need to pay for a hotel room so can just go home at the end of the day.

Will be the first time that I have been to a Glasgow con (Hosted by Showmasters anyway) but I have a feeling that this one is going to be great e5000347.png

Edited by Tanith

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glasgow, just outside Ibrox

love the name, is it Skullduggery Pleasant?

Na got it from a character on Stargate SG-1. Big fan of that show and liked the name. Though it was only way after I started using it that I found out that Tanith in mythology was a Goddess so on occasion I get mistaken as being female lol. Most people just call me Tan so that doesn't bother me.

Edited by Tanith

Na got it from a character on Stargate SG-1. Big fan of that show and liked the name. Though it was only way after I started using it that I found out that Tanith in mythology was a Goddess so on occasion I get mistaken as being female lol. Most people just call me Tan so that doesn't bother me.

i thought female too, there is a character from Skulduggery Pleasant with the same name, she's a ninja wizard

Edited by yesindeed

I am from Swansea in Wales and the first (and only :() Glasgow to I've been to took me NINE hours to get back from :(:P also the Travelodge we were at was miles from the mall and I don't drive! :wub:

if any one has any suggestions for a hotel that's right by the mall, am totally open to suggestions as hoping to make a re-appearence this August BH :smile:

surfy sah xx

I am from Swansea in Wales and the first (and only :D) Glasgow to I've been to took me NINE hours to get back from :uhoh::dance: also the Travelodge we were at was miles from the mall and I don't drive! :D

if any one has any suggestions for a hotel that's right by the mall, am totally open to suggestions as hoping to make a re-appearence this August BH :D

surfy sah xx

Braehead travel lodge?

@ Fable, you liar you won't be thinking of me at all :blush:

@ touchthesky, I have no idea where it was tbh but it was far far away :smile:

@ Ann, that is soooo cool! awesome! darn should have checked when they had the TL sale on, doh!

hope to cu this time maybe? it's been soooo long!!!!

surfy sah xx

EK, here :)

Whereabouts are you, Tanith?

Cool, Instead of writing a dodgy description just put G75 9BT into Google Maps and that's where I stay lol.

Hey, you're right near our mate Julie!

We're on Tasman :)

Hm. You live in East Kilbride - There's a 50/50 chance you work at the Tax Office!

EK, here :)

Whereabouts are you, Tanith?

Cool, Instead of writing a dodgy description just put G75 9BT into Google Maps and that's where I stay lol.

Hey, you're right near our mate Julie!

We're on Tasman :)

Hm. You live in East Kilbride - There's a 50/50 chance you work at the Tax Office!

Na Ive been too lazy to get a job busy with Uni etc. I got a friend Allanah who works at the Tax Office though she says its as boring as hell but the amount you get paid kinda balances it out.

Edited by Tanith

I'd agree with that!

LOL

Anyway, if there's under-18s coming, what's our plan?

Meet for food in Braehead itself on Saturday, before the party?

( FOR THERE HAD BETTER BE A PARTY THIS TIME! :thumbup: )

~6ish?

Yesindeed - Anywhere good, not too pricey, kid-friendly, and QUIET so we can chat to each other without resorting to sign language?