a message about Eclipse 2

I will be honest with you, I dont see what all the fuss is about with the guest list.

I for one think it is a fantastic line up, And i for one am looking forward to this one more than the first Eclipse.

I am looking forward to meeting all the guests, Well lets be honest i'm looking forward to meeting Dania Ramirez (Hubba Hubba).

So lets all have a great weekend with like minded people and hopefully make a friend or two.

Said it before and will say it again

The guest list this time is awesome, glad you agree

Enjoy :YAHOO:

I think it's fab that you're both happy with the guest lineup but I think it's fair enough that there are people who don't think that (including me) - let's face it even Jason has said he was hoping for a stronger guest line up than they ended up with.

But it's all kind of academic now anyway as the event is looming large - so let's go have a fab weekend. I can't wait - three hours till I finish work :D

And I'd just like to say thanks to Jason for his post here. So many convention organisers will try and spin things to blame everyone else for things not going the way they hoped they would - from flight costs, to dodgy management to people who they say aren't 'true fans' and who therefore haven't supported the show - rather than holding their hands up and saying we've tried the best we could but despite everything it wouldn't work out this time. As someone else mentioned earlier in the thread when chatting about the auto sessions at Eclipse you do seem to take feedback on board for which we're really grateful.

Jason, I know you and your team have busted a gut putting this event together and I hope you've not been tearing your hair out over the whole thing. No matter who turns up I'm sure we're going to have a great weekend - so thanks for all your hard work. We do all appreciate it (even people like me who I'm sure probably seem like I only delurk to offer constructive criticism / moan ;)) Maybe a suggestions box section of the board is a good idea as suggested.

Here's hoping SM and Massive Events go from strength to strength even in the current climate :)

i think i speak for a lot of the sarmy when we say as long as you get us zach eventualy we will be happy, as i've already said once i will kidnap him if need be :lol:

im on the train on the way now, and i'm happy with the line up i have talked to you about this in person, so i don't need to say anything again.

i'm looking forward to e3 already it's the only one that i know all my friends will be at ( apart from pure.evil who is going on a trip i would love to be on)

i like the way you run your con's so keep putting them on and i will be there.

:D ( zQ in a big pink stripy bow please?)

I think you guys did an excellent job with Eclipse 1 and I'm very excited about Eclipse 2 because I think it will be loads of fun.

The points you made are very valid. And whoever suggested an advert in the Heroes magazine is definitely on to something!

I think guests and the recession were definitely the reasons people didn't book tickets for this convention. Unfortunately I don't think I can afford a Gold Pass again next time, since this one was a present. I am definitely going to try and attend though and I've been spreading the word!

Thanks for all your hard work, I'm sure it's going to be a great weekend!

i already planned on rounding up some folk and heading to ecplipse 3 now theres time to save,only prob i really have is that its a nightmare to get there from edin! :P its a shame ecplise 2 sales arent too high but its not really somethin that can be helped.i imgine its mainly credit crunch, as it is humping everything and everyone ^_^

PS. any chance of a heroes guest for glasgow? :P i can bribe you with cake...

Edited by kirsty_

you get free wifi on national express trains. when it works lol ...

and kirsty i know how expensive it is to get to northampton now its mental! i nearly couldnt get to eclipse cause of the cost of the trains cauase i factored the train only being 35 again, and its actualy 65! im going to my blokes then getting a lift tomorow as its so much cheeper to travel to london and get a lift or get the train from euston.

I am slightly disappointed but am really looking forward to this convention still and think lack of people will make it far better. I understand the reasons behind it and that good intentions were there. But these things cant be helped.

Just one thing - if you want to get more people to sign up for Eclipse 3 this weekend I would suggest you offer discounted tickets for us loyal people who went to 1 and will be going to 2! Keep your regulars happy and you will guearantee a minimum of 300 at the next convention! Probably more! :)

Just a thought.

Just one thing - if you want to get more people to sign up for Eclipse 3 this weekend I would suggest you offer discounted tickets for us loyal people who went to 1 and will be going to 2! Keep your regulars happy and you will guearantee a minimum of 300 at the next convention! Probably more! :)

Just a thought.

This is a good point, especially as it might make people who aren't sure they can justify getting a ticket yet book more quickly - I know I'd certainly be trying to work out a way! Then again, these shows are expensive to run...so it might not be viable to give a discount.

Edited by sarahlilly

• Moderators

To be honest, even with a discount I couldn't afford an E3 ticket at the event this weekend. It's just not viable at the moment, especially with Christmas coming up.

But I certainly hope to get one eventually.

Just a thought.

This is a good point, especially as it might make people who aren't sure they can justify getting a ticket yet book more quickly - I know I'd certainly be trying to work out a way! Then again, these shows are expensive to run...so it might not be viable to give a discount.

Discount = potentially more guaranteed sales = better than only selling half the tickets! :)

• Showmasters Admin

Discount = potentially more guaranteed sales = better than only selling half the tickets! :)

or the same people come less income to spend on guests still only sell half the tickets!

the main word you have in your stament is "potentially" :WAVE:

so we think we sell the tickets at the lowest price we can to make the event work and be able to pay for the guests rather than try to make as much on top of the cost of the event so there is no room to discount for people that book early

and i must say with only 300 tickets we do have 5 nice guests and it will be a great time for the price people payed

and you go away with things that are worth the ticket price which people do forget at times

when the cost of things in the world is getting expensive i do think Convention are good entertanment and good value when you think what go's into them and costs of flights and paying for the guests

well thats me done

see you all soon

jason :(

I totally get what you're saying, Jason, it makes a lot of sense. But at the same time, I'm sure there are a lot of people that can't afford to book a ticket that are going to E2 so you might not get the same 300 people you got for this one - I think that's what we were getting at. :( But what you said does make sense, I understand that.

What you've said about value for money is pretty true; I've spent up to £80 on autographs and £75 on photographs at other events before. So to pay for the Gold ticket and take out all photograph and autograph costs and stuff, it is good value. :)

If I had the money, I'd be booking this weekend! As it is, I'm going to wait until after Christmas and see how my finances are looking. I'm sure we'll all be very creative in ways of trying to find the money though.

We need to go out and rob banks, I think...or sell organs?

Edited by sarahlilly

There are so many events between now and next summer, not to mention Comic Con which I'm going to in July, that I couldn't even consider anything more expensive than the standard ticket.

£300 per event, including hotel, ticket, train, and the inevitable bar bill is what most people spend on a week's holiday - I seem to spend that five times a year now!

Despite having purchased a silver ticket I cannot attend Eclipse 2 for very personal reasons.

I hope everyone has a super time!

As for Eclipse 3 - it's over a bank holiday weekend which is useless for me and my sister, so we won't make that one either.

I'm holding out for Eclipse 4.

PS.. Season 3 of Heroes is absolutely brilliant!

Unfortunately we cant make Eclipse 2 due to my son going into hospital next week and not being able to take so much time off work . Eclipse is the first convention that he enjoyed, he has learning difficulties and is autistic. He wanted to be there this weekend too and is very disappointed that we couldnt go. I have promised that he will be able to go to no.3.

So, I hope everyone who is there has a great time and i will spend the weekend wishing I was there too.