GUESTS SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS?

mr fagan

So Patrick Stuart wasnt allowing handshakes? and considering you had to pay to go to his talk pay for his photoshoot AND pay for his autograph that makes meeting him (albeit breifly) very expensive. Im suprised we didnt have to roll up to meet him in a plastic ball in case any infectious germs appear. Now before anyone starts i am all too aware of the fact that the organisers get major funding from the photshoots AND talks, but its a right pain in the spam when a guest first appears on the day(s) in question sits down for about half an hr then buggers off to a talk then goes STRAIGHT to a photoshoot then to cap it all off goes to lunch. :D Is there anyway of having guests to appear and ... wait for it.... sit down and sign autographs? :rolleyes: i mean that wouldnt be too much to ask would it? i managed to get 18 people on Sat and on sunday i only wanted 4 but because of the talks and photoshoots and lunch etc i had to be there all day. FOR JUST 4 PEOPLE? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT? :huh: In my opinion the talks are for people that dont know much about that particular guest (and these people are fans?) and as to a photoshoot is there really that much difference between that and having a pic done when you actually meet them? as my wife takes a pic when they are actually signing the item, which to me is so much more worthwhile than standing right next to the guest on a backdrop. Once upon a time the photoshoot and then the talks were a BONUS to meeting them and getting an autograph but now it seems to be a case of IF you get an autograph THAT IS THE BONUS as the shows cater for people who only want to go to the talks and photoshoots :WINCE: With shows like autographica you can now go to photoshootica and talkitca or have shows that dont allow any signings at all :angry which if we start going down that road it makes me wonder why we bother in the first place.

No-one forced you to buy a talk ticket, and he doesn't do photoshoots. I get the impression you haven't been to many shows. Last year Patrick was only able to attend for 3 hours so lots of people went home disappointed. This year he got through enough people for it to be open queue, which meant lots more people got to meet him and get his autograph. The only way to enable that was to ensure that there weren't any delays from photos, handshakes, etc. As far as I'm concerned, that was the right choice on the part of Showmasters.

In my opinion the talks are for people that dont know much about that particular guest (and these people are fans?)

That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous things I've read here. You're joking, right? What "fan" wouldn't wanna go to a talk??!!! It's a chgance to hear the guest speak in a more relaxed setting and hear other fans opinions etc. Its the perfect opportunity to ask the guest whatever you want that you normally wouldnt be able to find out by other means.

Do you mean to tell us that a signature alone is all that matters to you?

Edited by nicky

In my opinion the talks are for people that dont know much about that particular guest (and these people are fans?)

That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous things I've read here. You're joking, right? What "fan" wouldn't wanna go to a talk??!!! It's a chgance to hear the guest speak in a more relaxed setting and hear other fans opinions etc. Its the perfect opportunity to ask the guest whatever you want that you normally wouldnt be able to find out by other means.

Do you mean to tell us that a signature alone is all that matters to you?

Well yes i go to these shows to meet them and get an autograph any questions i ask them when i meet the guest. !! :D

No-one forced you to buy a talk ticket, and he doesn't do photoshoots. I get the impression you haven't been to many shows. Last year Patrick was only able to attend for 3 hours so lots of people went home disappointed. This year he got through enough people for it to be open queue, which meant lots more people got to meet him and get his autograph. The only way to enable that was to ensure that there weren't any delays from photos, handshakes, etc. As far as I'm concerned, that was the right choice on the part of Showmasters.

It might not have been Showmasters decision. Often its the agents or the guests decision.

But anyway, to the OP, autograph sessions are for autographs. Photo shoots are for photos. Talks are for talks. Sometimes there is time to get a photo and have a chat at the autograph table. Other times there aren't. Sometimes its a "hi, how are you? Here you go, thank you" and move on.

Are you critising Showmasters or Patrick Stewart?

I hear in Megan Fox's appearances at Comic-Con etc, it's a strictly 'No Casual sex unless you're a movie director' rule.

I think I could probably come up with a movie idea where I would direct, and Megan Fox would star.

There would not be a great deal of dialogue though.

From a personal point of view I would rather a special guest like Patrick spent less time with each person and managed to meet more people and sign more autographs.

It would be really dissapointing if people missed out getting his autograph all together because he spent extra time with each person,.

Edited by dee

Personally I'll remember the 30 mins I spent in Claudia's talk hearing about her on set experiances and life far better that I'll remember the 30 seconds I spent in front of her at the auto queue when all I could say to her was "thanks for coming and have a great weekend"

Perhaps next year Toni Jedi can get his wife a t-shirt that reads "I'm with Grumpy"

I think this guy is just a rotten egg and complaining for no reason... (ugh why did that expression come to mind when I got an all day brekkie sandwich from the service station earlier...)

Regarding Patrick Stewart asking for "no handshakes". I believe Claudia Black has a "no snogging" rule when she meets fans. This is very disappointing to me. However, I accept it as her choice.

really, i got my snog with her, but her assistant at the time wasn't looking so maybe i was just lucky.

lol :rolleyes:

Regarding Patrick Stewart asking for "no handshakes". I believe Claudia Black has a "no snogging" rule when she meets fans. This is very disappointing to me. However, I accept it as her choice.

really, i got my snog with her, but her assistant at the time wasn't looking so maybe i was just lucky.

lol :rolleyes:

Naughty Roxy not paying attention!!

So Patrick Stuart wasnt allowing handshakes? and considering you had to pay to go to his talk pay for his photoshoot AND pay for his autograph that makes meeting him (albeit breifly) very expensive. Im suprised we didnt have to roll up to meet him in a plastic ball in case any infectious germs appear. Now before anyone starts i am all too aware of the fact that the organisers get major funding from the photshoots AND talks, but its a right pain in the spam when a guest first appears on the day(s) in question sits down for about half an hr then buggers off to a talk then goes STRAIGHT to a photoshoot then to cap it all off goes to lunch. :P Is there anyway of having guests to appear and ... wait for it.... sit down and sign autographs? :WAVE: i mean that wouldnt be too much to ask would it? i managed to get 18 people on Sat and on sunday i only wanted 4 but because of the talks and photoshoots and lunch etc i had to be there all day. FOR JUST 4 PEOPLE? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT? :huh: In my opinion the talks are for people that dont know much about that particular guest (and these people are fans?) and as to a photoshoot is there really that much difference between that and having a pic done when you actually meet them? as my wife takes a pic when they are actually signing the item, which to me is so much more worthwhile than standing right next to the guest on a backdrop. Once upon a time the photoshoot and then the talks were a BONUS to meeting them and getting an autograph but now it seems to be a case of IF you get an autograph THAT IS THE BONUS as the shows cater for people who only want to go to the talks and photoshoots :WINCE: With shows like autographica you can now go to photoshootica and talkitca or have shows that dont allow any signings at all :angry which if we start going down that road it makes me wonder why we bother in the first place.

Wow! I bet you're a really cheerful person to be around.

I was there for both days and got 10 autographs, 8 photoshoots and went into 3 talks. At the end of it, I was knackered (and considerably poorer!) but VERY HAPPY. :WINCE:

I have to admit to being little bit miffed that a couple of the people I wanted to see cancelled but these things happen. Also, the whole event was over way too quickly but isn't that always the case when you're having fun (if you're not sure what that means, look it up in the dictionary). Never mind, CM14 to look forward in September. I'm guessing we probably won't see you there. :poki:

Hey I'm not bothered or surprised that he doesn't shake hands with guests, I assumed more guests would have that policy. I would think that a majority of the people meeting guests would have a bathroom break or be eating before meeting the guest and you never know how well someone washed their hands afterwards. I mean consider how many people meet each guests, I'd think that a lot of people wouldn't thoroughly wash their hands[not that they can't be bothered, they just might not know the best way to do it]. I have OCD so I'm always washing my hands and really wouldn't like it if I shook someone's hand and it didn't feel clean. :thumbup:

lol :P

Naughty Roxy not paying attention!!

Lol cheeky monkeys :headscratch: well I noticed many a twinkley look that day from the guys for the stunning Claudia, but yes I think our lovely security lady would have had something to say about lip action if she or I hadn't! :D