Christopher Lloyd is sure gonna be busy on Sunday!

Delorean 2015

Hi Guys, wicked day.. Got to meet all the Raiders cast and eventually meet Christopher Lloyd which was excelent..... Although.... its prob worth advising those planning to attend on Sunday with the aim of getting anything signed, to get there very early... I managed to arrive this morning at 9.15 and already the Virtual Ticket # was up to 450. I was really fortunate to meet a guy who had a spare ticket at # 230 but this # was only being allowed to go through at 4pm!!! So FYI - If Christopher Lloyd is the main guy you wanna meet.. Id be aiming to get there for 9am absolute latest otherwise theres a good chance you will come away disappointed..

Showmasters.. Congratulations on a wicked event and in my opinion Christopher Lloyd has been the best guest youve had so far!!!

Keep it up...

When you say 9.15... is that just to see Christopher Lloyd? Or is that for most other guests? I plan to get there for that time. :)

What time would you advise me to get there if my main guy is David Anders? Was he REALLY busy today? :)

Thanks!

When you say 9.15... is that just to see Christopher Lloyd? Or is that for most other guests? I plan to get there for that time. :)

What time would you advise me to get there if my main guy is David Anders? Was he REALLY busy today? :)

Thanks!

He was reasonably busy, but not to the extent of Christopher Lloyd - I arrived before 9am but it took until around 5.30pm for me to get to meet the Back to the Future star.

Christopher Lloyd was by far the most 'in demand' guest today.. I would be interested to know whether everyone with a virtual ticket got to meet him or whether they will spill over into tomorrow..

Great guy to meet tho.. Just make sure anyone determined to meet him is there very early!!

Christopher Lloyd was by far the most 'in demand' guest today.. I would be interested to know whether everyone with a virtual ticket got to meet him or whether they will spill over into tomorrow..

Great guy to meet tho.. Just make sure anyone determined to meet him is there very early!!

Not everyone with a VT will have got to meet him today, and VTs are only valid for one day, so a whole new set will be given out tomorrow. Definitely get there early if you want to meet him!

Considering that I saw someone with a ticket in the region of 790 and he had only got to about 400 at 5.30pm I think it's inevitable that some people will have been disappointed.

Considering that I saw someone with a ticket in the region of 790 and he had only got to about 400 at 5.30pm I think it's inevitable that some people will have been disappointed.

If they learn anything from today its to restrict people to 2 or 3 autos max! As I said in another thread - most people were getting 4 or 5 things done which takes up a lot of time. Think about it - he had done 324 people at 430 (as I was around that number) but an average of 4 per person is a lot of autos!

Surprised it wasnt more limited today tbh.Guess its nice for those who get it, but not so much for the people later on.

Its not like I got there late! I got my queue ticket at around 09:10!

Good luck tomorrow.

Me and my sister got there at 9am and we didn't get to see Christopher Lloyd, we aren't too bothered as he wasn't our number one guest and I don't think we're going to bother trying again tomorrow, but I've heard good things about him!

Me and my sister got there at 9am and we didn't get to see Christopher Lloyd, we aren't too bothered as he wasn't our number one guest and I don't think we're going to bother trying again tomorrow, but I've heard good things about him!

If he is your number two guest (ooo that sounds bad lol) make sure you DO meet him as I can not see him doing another event in the near future!!

When I left today (at about 1.30 I think) he was still doing VTs number 1-100. I had 280 odd so I didn't bother to hang about!

Well I went to see him at about 2:45 and he was 1-175. I was lucky as I had 78.

Sometimes it pays to buy a ticket on the day, because when I got there at 7:20 I was about 15th in the queue if I had bought a ticket in advance I might not have got such a low number...

It also pays to get there early no matter what queue your in (except GOLD that is)

Hope people had some luck with getting his auto today and that he signed a little quicker?

:D

LLAP :P

If he is your number two guest (ooo that sounds bad lol) make sure you DO meet him as I can not see him doing another event in the near future!!

I got there late as I overslept (woops!) so I didn't have much hope but I got a VT which was in the 400s, but then someone nice gave me theirs which was number 12, so thank you if it was any of you! So in the end I got to meet him and I am glad I did! But yes, he was so busy!

Sometimes it pays to buy a ticket on the day, because when I got there at 7:20 I was about 15th in the queue if I had bought a ticket in advance I might not have got such a low number...

I have to say that I'm not particularly inpressed that you managed to get such a low VQ ticket number for Christopher Lloyd considering that you bought a ticket on the day while people who had supported the event by buying tickets in advance presumably got higher numbers if they were further back in the pre-paid queue.

Really I do think that the entirety of the pre-paid queue should be let in first BEFORE they allow the pay on the day people in or what on earth is the point of paying in advance?

Edited by Persephone1

I have to say that I'm not particularly inpressed that you managed to get such a low VQ ticket number for Christopher Lloyd considering that you bought a ticket on the day while people who had supported the event by buying tickets in advance presumably got higher numbers if they were further back in the pre-paid queue.

Really I do think that the entirety of the pre-paid queue should be let in first BEFORE they allow the pay on the day people in or what on earth is the point of paying in advance?

I totally agree with you - I was about half way down the pr payed q and went straight to Christpher Lloyds VTs and had no 203. Althought I'm glad we did buy early tickets because by 3.00 we had seen everyone we wanted to see.

• Moderators

As has been said before - early bird is early bird. It doesn't make any difference if you pre-pay. It simply gives you a chance to be more organised. Peace of mind and all that.

They don't offer any perks for pre-paying. It's your choice, and you can't really complain about not getting benefits when none were offered. What really makes online purchasers different from on-the-day ones? Nothing. What if some don't like to purchase online or can't etc?

If you think the on-the-day queue gets in quicker, then do that. You won't lose out then? Or would you rather pre-pay and not have to worry? I doubt many people buy the tickets online just to "support the event" anyway.

Well I would have hoped that the people who had paid in advance , i.e those who had booked months ago thereby providing Showmasters with a nice pool of money which they can use on the show would obtain a benefit from that by being let in first as opposed to those who simply showed up on the day to pay.

But fair enough if that's not the case then there seems to me to be little point in paying in advance (and indeed paying £2 postage for the privilige of getting the ticket early) if there is no "benefit" attached to prepaying. From what I saw on Saturday you have a far far better chance of a low VQ ticket if you show up early and pay on the day than if you book your ticket months in advance. Something to be remembered for future events.

• Moderators

I think the tickets were well worth getting in advance but I do see your point that there should be a small incentive even if that means getting in slightly earlier for buying early birds over the internet.

I still don't understand why though? You're buying exactly the same item as people on the door are buying.

Just because you buy earlier, it doesn't mean you should get something more.

Yes, I can understand that happening with talk tickets or whatever, but the SAME entrance tickets? I find it very strange that people believe they deserve more.

In the end, people purchasing online aren't really supporting Showmasters any more than those purchasing on the day. All the money will go somewhere!

Well I would have hoped that the people who had paid in advance , i.e those who had booked months ago thereby providing Showmasters with a nice pool of money which they can use on the show would obtain a benefit from that by being let in first as opposed to those who simply showed up on the day to pay.

But fair enough if that's not the case then there seems to me to be little point in paying in advance (and indeed paying £2 postage for the privilige of getting the ticket early) if there is no "benefit" attached to prepaying. From what I saw on Saturday you have a far far better chance of a low VQ ticket if you show up early and pay on the day than if you book your ticket months in advance. Something to be remembered for future events.

I agree with you. I noticed this happening today too.

I don't think it's very fair IMHO. Early bird tix should

mean exactly that...earlier then those who turn up

on the day. Or maybe the on the day folk can join

the Early Bird queue and pay when they get inside.

• Moderators

I agree with you. I noticed this happening today too.

I don't think it's very fair IMHO. Early bird tix should mean exactly that...earlier then those who turn up

on the day. Or maybe the on the day folk can join the Early Bird queue and pay when they get inside.

No - early bird should mean getting in earlier than standard entry.

It shouldn't matter if you buy online or on the day. No-one is forced to purchase online. Everyone could just turn up on the day and queue to buy an early bird ticket.

Those who choose to purchase on the day don't deserve to be punished by being made to wait until after online purchasers. That's just not fair really.

It makes no sense really for those that are buying their tickets on the day to get in before those who already have their tickets. Those that already have their tickets should just be able to walk right in, no hold-up, but the queue moved very slowly yesterday morning and I have no idea why. Maybe instead of having just one person checking tickets at the gate, they should have 4 or 5 so that we can all get in reasonably quickly.

Edited by jael001