Dr Who ?

mrsclairecarter

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a HINT : What did he do that drives him mad , Where did they say he went ?

Ah, now that bit I did hear/understand :WINCE:

Anyone notice that the Doctor's hand in a jar kept showing up in this episode....

...or am I just clutching at straws!

I noticed that too.

Here's a HINT : What did he do that drives him mad , Where did they say he went ?

Ah, now that bit I did hear/understand :P

Ah ha! ;)

They wouldnt have a real 100% regeneration prior to the last episode as previous regenerations mostly always happen onscreen at the end of the last episode with a shot of the new doctor before the credits roll giving fans time to take in the fact its goodbye to the latest Doctor before the next series comes along.

A finale is not a good time to break in a new doctor as there will be too much going on AND the bbc will be taking a BIG gamble having a new Doctor carry 3 specials next year after the impact Tennant has had.

Mark my words Tennant will be leaving after the 3 specials along with RTD to give Moffat the "clean slate" hes been promised

if he doesnt ill eat my own face

Edited by vintageSW77

They wouldnt have a real 100% regeneration prior to the last episode as previous regenerations mostly always happen onscreen at the end of the last episode with a shot of the new doctor before the credits roll giving fans time to take in the fact its goodbye to the latest Doctor before the next series comes along.

A finale is not a good time to break in a new doctor as there will be too much going on AND the bbc will be taking a BIG gamble having a new Doctor carry 3 specials next year after the impact Tennant has had.

Mark my words Tennant will be leaving after the 3 specials along with RTD to give Moffat the "clean slate" hes been promised

I think a lot of people will be hoping you'll be eating your own face then as everyone loves Tennant and won't want him to leave lol

What could the alternative be to "a real 100% regeneration"?

That's what I thought. Quite convenient it came up in conversation really... lol

Did the Dalek say something about the most loyal companion dying or did I make that up?

I've read somewhere thet DT has signed on for Series 5 - I dont know how true that is. I also read that they are making three 2009 specials to give Tennant time to star in Hamlet, which means there's a good chance that he's going nowhere!!

Personally, I think this regeneration could just repair the damage done by the Dalek and he will stay the same Doctor - although I could be wrong!

Journey's End trailer will be shown on BBC on Sunday 29th June just before 1pm. It will then be uploaded to www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho

Edited by Beechy

*bookmarks thread and makes mental note*

And now I can't find my Cassanova DVD!!! :P;)

I've finally got the evening to myself and I'm Tennantless!

Andrea

Blackpool is much better !!

• Moderators

Honestly, regardless of whether DT is leaving or not, I think they did an exceptional job tonight.

To even get to a point where at the end of the penultimate episode of this series, people are speculating about Tennant realistically LEAVING .. it's amazing.

In a day where spoilers and the Internet rule, to convincingly pull off something like they did tonight, I'm extremely impressed.

Regardless of what some of us know - or think we know - about the future DW episodes, it's a lot of fun seeing peoples expectations turned upside down :P

I really enjoyed the latest episode. As I was watching I was taken along by the excitement, but had the impression that if I stopped to think about it, the plot would fall like a house of cards. When the Doctor and Rose were running towards each other in slow motion, part of my brain was saying "Get on with it", but another part was saying "Look out!" - though I half expected it to be Rose who was hit (fat chance given that RTD wrote the episode - he loves his own characters too much, to the detriment of his writing). I'm going to attempt a prediction for the next episode (though I'm not expecting to have that much success in making accurate predictions). Here goes: I think that everything being "one second out of sync" is significant. As we know from previous episodes, everything is carefully budgeted for (for example, the return of Cassandra, saving money that would otherwise have been required for creating a new character). In the series finale last year we saw an image of Gallifrey. I think that the Timelords are about to return, and that the Doctor will be restored to his current regeneration (Tenth) in gratitude for his actions in opposing the Daleks. Either that, or we are still in a parallel universe influenced by the fortune teller in the previous episode and none of what we have seen so far is really happening (which would be a terrible cop-out, but we've seen this type of thing before from RTD, particularly with regards to the "death" of the Master last year).

Did the Dalek say something about the most loyal companion dying or did I make that up?

I don't think you're making it up. I'm certain I heard the same thing.

me too

I'm glad it wasn't just me then. So, who's the most loyal companion?

What if they ALL die? :thumbup:

One thing I thought that would have been discussed here is what dalek Khan said:

Something about the 3 fold doctor? Or something like that, I swear I heard it, I'll rewatch it later to check lol. What does that mean?

Possibly 2 more regenerations of the doctor get involved, the new one, tennant and another?

Or is it me just being hopeful that there will be more than one doctor in the next episode......

I hope the time lords do come back as id like to see Tennant in full time lord garb on Gallifrey.

Its funny how this version of Davros reminds me of Palpatine at times as he never has before and i do hope we dont get a good Tennant/Bad Tennant episode next week as its a bit of a sci fi tv/fantasy tv cliche thats been overdone in everything from Buffy to Star Trek etc and the hand must finally have a purpose after its 3 Who seasons/Torchwood residence.

I do hope Gwen cops it though......thatd be very very good

but she wont

only one will cop it

the companion who i think this time round at times needs subtitles

Edited by vintageSW77

It is possible that Rose will die as Billie Piper is pregnant, and this would restrict her movement etc if she were in the specials. However, she could quite easily return in Series 5.

The trailer provides nothing of a hint either. It is just Davros getting his jollies.

Edited by Abyss

It is possible that Rose will die as Billie Piper is pregnant, and this would restrict her movement etc if she were in the specials. However, she could quite easily return in Series 5.

The trailer provides nothing of a hint either. It is just Davros getting his jollies.

The specials were filmed months ago, her bump was tiny then.

The specials were filmed months ago, her bump was tiny then.

the specials dont film till jan.

only special that has been filmed is the christmas special