What is the best way to take a poster to an event

chrisrus

same here, you just have to be aware that if you are taking it out a lot be carefull when you put it away as the edges can fray a bit after a while. Mine came in a plastic sleeve as well so I leave it in that.

The most important thing to remember about getting posters signed is to make damn sure the sig is dry before you roll it up again.

The only other way is to use something like a big art folder, they generally zip up so the contents don't fall out, but a poster tube is smaller and generally easier to transport.

Edited by Raylenth

I too keep mine in the plastic sleeve and cardboard tube it came in.

I've customised it a little to make it easier for me to carry as well - pierced holes in cardboard near both ends, threaded sturdy bootlaces into tube, then back out through small hole I made in plastic "lid" at both ends, tying knot in lace. Means I can get poster out easily without worrying about losing lid, and can sling it over my shoulder and pretty much forget it's there whilst I'm wandering. I've also customised it with painted Heroes "Godsend" symbol at both ends.

It's by no means a professional look but it suits me - kinda thrown together, slightly tatty but practical!! :P

You can get heavy duty poster carriers in art shops.

They extend and can hold about 3 posters safely. They're mostly waterproof, great for when you're getting buffeted around in conventions and not too heavy.

They're not overly expensive and are a godsend.

http://www.londongraphics.co.uk/acatalog/P...ster_Tubes.html if you scroll down you'll see what I mean!

Edited by Phoenix

They extend and can hold about 3 posters safely. They're mostly waterproof, great for when you're getting buffeted around in conventions and not too heavy.

http://www.londongraphics.co.uk/acatalog/P...ster_Tubes.html if you scroll down you'll see what I mean!

Thet are near me so I might wander down in the next few days and get one. It is awkward trying to keep the cardboard tube with me on the trains, I prefer to keep it as close as possibel and I don't like putting it in the luggage rack as I'm scared I'll forget it.

It is awkward trying to keep the cardboard tube with me on the trains, I prefer to keep it as close as possibel and I don't like putting it in the luggage rack as I'm scared I'll forget it.
Surly you bring more with you than just the poster tube though? What about a bag with your stuff in? Just put both of them on the luggage shelf, you cant forget both surly if they are right next to eachother?

It is awkward trying to keep the cardboard tube with me on the trains, I prefer to keep it as close as possibel and I don't like putting it in the luggage rack as I'm scared I'll forget it.
Surly you bring more with you than just the poster tube though? What about a bag with your stuff in? Just put both of them on the luggage shelf, you cant forget both surly if they are right next to eachother?

I worry too much though. I know I won't forget it, I just worry that I will, so I find it easier to keep it with me! Silly I know. Maybe I can make myself to stop worrying so much :jason:

I worry too much though. I know I won't forget it, I just worry that I will, so I find it easier to keep it with me! Silly I know. Maybe I can make myself to stop worrying so much :hathor:

Tie some string around the tube, or fit it with a carrying strap (either externally or perhaps as per chuckie's post a few up). You can then use this to tie your tube to your luggage for the duration of the train journey - no forgetting it then (well, not unless you forget the rest of your luggage as well :borg: )

My brother always takes his posters to cons in a folder from the local art shop. His is A3 but you can get them to fit almost any size. They've got handles, they're waterproof and quite sturdy. Tie a piece of string or something round the handle and you can attach it to your luggage if you're worried about leaving it on the train.

Edited by Purple

• 2 years later...

I bought the first black one in this link, its the cheapest load of **** ive ever bought, im not even sure im gonna use it at all, the only plus is for keeping out rain as i guess the tube the posters come in being cardboard wont protect them well but man its cheap, i might put the poster tube in the carry tube as the carry tube has ridges inside that im sure will damage the poster at some point? disappointing, also have to take the entire inner tube out, the 3rd jumbo carry tube on the link seems to have a screw top, that what I wanted, didnt realize the others were not like this.