How many are planning to meet NEIL MARSHALL?

nicky

Are you planning on meeting NEIL MARSHALL?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning on meeting NEIL MARSHALL?

• Yes, and I would have paid.
    • Yes, as he's free I will try to meet him
    • No
    • Not attending C13

I'm looking fwd to meeting him and there's a load of stuff I wanna ask him but I'm worried I wont get enough time cos his queue will be too busy, largely due to him being free. I appreciate SOME people may only be casual fans and will probably get his auto as it's free - NOTHING wrong with that, casual fans are fine.

This poll is really just to try to find out how busy he'll be.

I think you may have missed an option on the poll.

People will get the auto cause its free, not always just because its free, even if they don't know who the guy/gal is, some people don't always have the money to get all the autos they want, but because he is free they can now get Neils, whom they may have wanted all along.

Kinda seems to me that if you tick that box your ticking it because you want a free auto no matter who its from as its free

JMO thats all

:D

LLAP :D

I think you may have missed an option on the poll.

People will get the auto cause its free, not always just because its free, even if they don't know who the guy/gal is, some people don't always have the money to get all the autos they want, but because he is free they can now get Neils, whom they may have wanted all along.

Kinda seems to me that if you tick that box your ticking it because you want a free auto no matter who its from as its free

I was just trying to keep it as simple as possible, as I said it's only really to see how busy he'll be. I don't get what you're trying to say in the rest of your post? :D

I'm not a big fan of paying to meet people but realise events like these are usually the only way it's possible for me. I'm a big fan of Neil's films and would love to have met him, although there are very few people I actually stump up the cash for so it would be 50/50 if I would meet him if I had to pay. But I would definitely have met him for a free auto.

However, I can't make the event this time so it doesn't really matter.

As he's only doing Sunday, I would think he'll be quite busy (as that looks like being the busy day). That said, if you go and queue to get a VQ ticket for him first, you should be ok as I suspect the majority of early birds will be there for Barrowman and Myles.

I will be meeting him; Dog Soldiers & Descent are two of the best horror movies in recent years and I have my Descent poster for him to sign.

He is my main priority for meeting and still would have been if there was a charge for his signature.

Neil is doing a presentation of all three of his films on the Saturday before C13 with most of the cast and crew of all three of his films, (Dog Soldier, Descent and Doomsday) so what are the chances he could bring some of them along with him?

• Moderators

Wow, the results look quote surprising so far. I thought there'd be more people wanting to met him

To be fair, polls on here are never overly representative of what actually happens due to so many people not being on here :sleep:

SMs will Neil have photos of him to sign or do we need to bring our own stuff?

I'm guessing they'll be at least Doomsday mini-posters. I found a hi res poster of The Descent and printed it on fancy paper.

does anyone know if he'll mind me asking him for advice on script writing which is what i am wanting to do.

I wouldnt have thought so, he probably gets it alot. He'll probably tell you to get a good agent as no one will read an unsolicited script in the industry as they get so many offers.

If you asked him on advice on how to get into directing, he like most directors, will probably tell you to "shoot something and show it around - you have to have something to sell to people and talk about".

he'll probably tell you to copyright everything you do aswell or at least mail yourself a copy of your own script but dont open it the post mark acts as a proff and dates it incase anyone then steals your ideas and markets them as your own....

sorry off topic ..

yeah i wouldnt mind meeting him if i get a chance..but sunday looks like it will be really busy

Must admit this is the first time ive looked at this particular thread, but where was it said Neil will be signing free??

I completly missed that one..in his announcement threat it just says universal will be giving out freebies, but doesnt say he'll be SIGNING free?

But if it is the case, i'll dig out my Dog Soldiers dvd for him to sign!

Edit: I see it says it 'hidden' in the middle of the prices and days post so fair enough :D

Edited by crippsy_99

• Showmasters Admin

Must admit this is the first time ive looked at this particular thread, but where was it said Neil will be signing free??

I completly missed that one..in his announcement threat it just says universal will be giving out freebies, but doesnt say he'll be SIGNING free?

But if it is the case, i'll dig out my Dog Soldiers dvd for him to sign!

Edit: I see it says it 'hidden' in the middle of the prices and days post so fair enough :dance:

It was announced by Jason in his announcement thread >>HERE<<