Anyone got there photoshoot tickets yet?

The FN Show

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a handful of oversea tickets were posted on Friday - the tickets will start to be sent from this week onwards. It does state on the online shop at the time of ordering that they are posted out approximately two weeks before the event.

I envisage that the posting of tickets will take me up until the week of the show itself as there are loads to send out for this show. If you haven't received them say 3 days before the show then you can email to query. Otherwise if you start emailing now or posting on the forum it's too early to say if they have gone missing or if there is a problem.

Only a handful of oversea tickets were posted on Friday - the tickets will start to be sent from this week onwards.

I know someone from here in the UK has had some of her tickets come through yesterday.

Edited by chrisuk

i hope they come quicker than 3 days before the show, I wont be at home to pick up emails or contact anyone after Friday.

some of my friends abroad they have sent their tickets to my house in the uk in the hope its quicker, if they dont arrive by wednesday i am going to have to get them to email me all their confs before they leave on thursday too just in case they dont arrive. so fingers crossed.!

Edited by buffy2k

I promise you Jola would have sent them out earlier if she could have, but she has to wait for the tickets to be printed and sent to her etc etc. She has to do all the hundreds and hundreds of tickets on her own, she's only one person, and I know she spent 3 hours in the post office on Friday sending stuff out.

Thanks Janine :D

Yes, she's right - I spent three hours in the Post Office on Friday morning just posting out a handful of overseas ones..... (that wasn't even me waiting to get served, that's how long it took the person serving me to weigh and scan and input addresses onto the system!) I then spent the rest of Friday sticking 1388 (yes I'm that sad I counted) stamps onto letters so I could get out what I could next week.

At the end of the day there are factors that go against me sending them out early - like waiting for the printers to print the tickets, waiting for the tickets to be sent to me, getting to the post office etc etc. I also have to stuff the envelopes, and manually write out every single envelope, and then manually write out every single recorded or signed for slip. It takes time, it's not a quick job.

The shop is due to close this weekend (just waiting for SM to look into it) and that is when (usually) the majority of tickets gets posted. Only on rare occasions do the tickets get posted out alot earlier than this. It is NORMAL for the tickets to start getting posted out two weeks before the show, and that is the case here.

I am going to the Post Office again tomorrow, and probably every day this week just so I can try to get the tickets out to you all.

Please, be patient. I can understand that you're desperate to get your tickets as soon as possible, but it does clearly state on the online shop they are sent approximately two weeks before the show. Once I have posted them, then they are in the hands of the postal service. :smile:

Thanks Janine :poki:

Yes, she's right - I spent three hours in the Post Office on Friday morning just posting out a handful of overseas ones..... (that wasn't even me waiting to get served, that's how long it took the person serving me to weigh and scan and input addresses onto the system!) I then spent the rest of Friday sticking 1388 (yes I'm that sad I counted) stamps onto letters so I could get out what I could next week.

At the end of the day there are factors that go against me sending them out early - like waiting for the printers to print the tickets, waiting for the tickets to be sent to me, getting to the post office etc etc. I also have to stuff the envelopes, and manually write out every single envelope, and then manually write out every single recorded or signed for slip. It takes time, it's not a quick job.

The shop is due to close this weekend (just waiting for SM to look into it) and that is when (usually) the majority of tickets gets posted. Only on rare occasions do the tickets get posted out alot earlier than this. It is NORMAL for the tickets to start getting posted out two weeks before the show, and that is the case here.

I am going to the Post Office again tomorrow, and probably every day this week just so I can try to get the tickets out to you all.

Please, be patient. I can understand that you're desperate to get your tickets as soon as possible, but it does clearly state on the online shop they are sent approximately two weeks before the show. Once I have posted them, then they are in the hands of the postal service. :thumbup:

Oh my god, poor you!! :YAHOO:

Would SM not invest in a franking machine? I use the one at my work and 1388 letters would whizz through that a lot quicker!! Plus franking accounts are cheaper than stamps!!

xx

Edited by Tiki

you know i was just thinking that a franking machine would be ideal, all the uk ones would be the same price and you could just get them done so quickly. either that or they should get you some help at show times, its a lot to take on for one person.

It must take you the six months in between shows to recover from this lot and i bet the post office love you too, maybe not the people behind you in the q though!

dont forget they are all sent out by recorded delivery, so the slips have to be filled in too. I'm not sure franking would cut down much on time since the envelopes and slips have to be filled in by hand. Saying that, I do most of my postage online on the royal mail website which prints the postage and the addresses. Maybe that's something for Showmasters to think about doing in future to save time.

dont forget they are all sent out by recorded delivery, so the slips have to be filled in too. I'm not sure franking would cut down much on time since the envelopes and slips have to be filled in by hand. Saying that, I do most of my postage online on the royal mail website which prints the postage and the addresses. Maybe that's something for Showmasters to think about doing in future to save time.

I'm not sure if its an option, but if you have your business mail collected then you get your own recorded delivery book. Its still very slow filling in the addresses and sticking the stickers on, but I'm sure Jola would be quicker than your average post office employee :o

Plus it means it can be filled in at her own pace rather than having an annoyed queue behind her.

Or hire a labrador to lick all the stamps!! :P

Or hire a labrador to lick all the stamps!! :whistling:

Don't I remember Jola saying she uses child labour (or the sticky type of stamps). :blush:

Anne

Hehe - yup - my 7 year old daughter helps sometimes, when she's really bored <_<

It's rare for the post office to give me the sticky stamps, but thankfully I got some this time around!

Or hire a labrador to lick all the stamps!! <_<

Don't I remember Jola saying she uses child labour (or the sticky type of stamps). ;)

Anne

Hehe - yup - my 7 year old daughter helps sometimes, when she's really bored ;)

It's rare for the post office to give me the sticky stamps, but thankfully I got some this time around!

Muy old work got stamps delivered from the royal mail something anyone can do (though I think you would need an account) in batches of 100, and so sometimes got 5 batches at a time, they always came as sticky ones which you just peeled off and put on the letters, supriced you don't always get sticky ones :huh:

:whistling:

LLAP :blush:

Jola, you really do have a heck of a job. And as a previous poster said, the patience of a saint. Sounds to me like you could do with some help. I would offer if i was closer to you, but is there no one else in SM that can lend a hand? Would make things go a bit quicker.

Jola, you really do have a heck of a job. And as a previous poster said, the patience of a saint. Sounds to me like you could do with some help. I would offer if i was closer to you, but is there no one else in SM that can lend a hand? Would make things go a bit quicker.

LOL - it's not so bad when I can stay on top of it all, but when the factors go against me, like printers not getting tickets to me on time, and technical issues with me processing the orders like it has the past couple of days :smile: then that's where I get bogged down. I can see this being a crazy manic week for me now!!!!

And as an update - I have posted out the majority of tickets today. If you have ordered a John Barrowman or a Bruce Boxleitner, then there'll be a slight delay in getting those out as I am currently waiting delivery on those.

LOL - it's not so bad when I can stay on top of it all, but when the factors go against me, like printers not getting tickets to me on time, and technical issues with me processing the orders like it has the past couple of days :smile: then that's where I get bogged down. I can see this being a crazy manic week for me now!!!!

And as an update - I have posted out the majority of tickets today. If you have ordered a John Barrowman or a Bruce Boxleitner, then there'll be a slight delay in getting those out as I am currently waiting delivery on those.

thanks for the info. Hope its not to much of a delay for john tickets

I already do use a book rather than individual slips, but it still takes time.......... :smile:

I remember a couple of years ago when I had to send out a couple of thousand letters recorded delivery, I had a word with the postroom at work and knocked up a Word template of the page of a recorded delivery book. Since I had all the names and addresses already in a spreadsheet, I could do a mailmerge and print out pages of the recorded delivery book. Of course, you still had to stick all the stickers on the envelope and on two (?) copies of the recorded delivery book page (one for your records and one for the postie, if I remember correctly), but it did save having to write all the addresses out by hand.

Of course, that's only a time-saver if you already have all the address data electronically in a suitable format, and since you're not doing one at a time, there is an increased scope for getting orders mixed up if you get too braindead, but it might be worth thinking about.

(In an ideal world, you could run a mail merge with some sort of macro which assigned each mailing the unique recorded delivery identifier number, and printed out a sheet of sticky address labels for the envelopes with the recorded delivery logo and identifier number, and then two sheets of recorded delivery record book pages with the addresses and identifier numbers on. Also Ben and Jerry's ice cream would be free, and good for you to boot. :YAHOO: )