Guest cancellation: Henry Ian Cusick

• Showmasters Admin

Unfortunately we have to announce that Henry Ian Cusick is no longer available to attend the Lockdown Convention. :angry:

This is not anyone's fault, it's just the way that circumstances have turned out. Filming of Lost has been turned up a notch, and the cast have been told they cannot leave Hawaii as they have to be on call for filming at any time.

This is a knock on effect of the writers strike, and it has affected Lockdown rather hard. It is very difficult to get any regular cast from the show because of this. We will of course work hard to try to get a replacement guest for Henry, but we are running out of time to do so.

We have also had a long talk here about to options available to us. We could just cancel the event, but many people have already booked flights and travel and it would be unfair on everyone who has supported us so far. We have also booked and paid for the guests flights and hotel, and if we did do this I also think there would not be another chance to run a Lost event again in the UK. So because of these and other reasons we have decided to go for it and run the best event we can under the circumstances.

The guests we have are all nice people and I'm know will join in with the convention well. They are the type of guests who will stay for the parties and hang out at the bar with us. I think they will be a lot of fun!

We really feel that if we cancel this event then we will never get the chance to run another Lost con again. So we will continue to run Lockdown and develop it into something even bigger and better for next year (when we know that the cast will not be filming).

It's unfortunate that we have been unlucky with the timing of the end of the writers strike and rescheduling of filming, and we're sorry if you were expecting more guests. You know we can run good events with great guests, but it seems the gods were not with us this time.

So we will keep trying to find another guest to replace Henry, but we will also work to bring you all a fun convention and put on some great parties as well.

see you all soon

Jason :WAVE:

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not going but if i was i could deffo understand why people are upset....i understand what your saying about not wanting to refund but on the other hand people paid for the convention trusting that showmasters would be able to get A list regular cast members like sendhil and santiago for eclipse.

Edited by Krypto

This sucks big time, but to be honest I had pretty much convinced myself he would cancel anyway so it's not as big of a blow as it could be. This does suck but please DON'T CANCEL LOCKDOWN!! I will go if we only have one guest and I desperately want a Lockdown 2 because I'm sure you can pull it off and make this and every Lockdown as perfect as possible.

One question though, when you say your running out of time etc. does that mean just for a replacement or does that include what would have been the 6th guest (now the 5th)?

This is very disappointing (though I realise it's an occupational hazzard and not anyone's fault.) As the chance of getting main Lost guests is virtually nil now, how about bringing along a couple of guests from other genre shows? Ok, so you won't please the die hard Losties... and the guests won't be to everyone's tastes, but at least there WILL be big name guests there (potentially).

...oh sh*t

well obviously this sucks, but to be honest, i think the weekend can still be great. At eclipse, alot of people would say Jessalyn Gilsig was one of the best guests, even though she was only on the show for 3 episodes. It's not about how major they are on the show.

Lets just be happy about the good things.

We have 4 guests going

We still get to go and have a decent weekend out with mates

And Jason got his flag back

Edited by Wilko

At eclipse, alot of people would say Jessalyn Gilsig was one of the best guests, even though she was only on the show for 3 episodes. It's not about how major they are on the show, so we can just be happy we have 4 guests going

That's a very valid point,. Jessalyn was lovely and Cristine was just awesome.

Of course it's disappointing not to have main cast members but (and this isn't directed at Henry) they don't always make the best guests.

At eclipse, alot of people would say Jessalyn Gilsig was one of the best guests, even though she was only on the show for 3 episodes. It's not about how major they are on the show, so we can just be happy we have 4 guests going

That's a very valid point,. Jessalyn was lovely and Cristine was just awesome.

Of course it's disappointing not to have main cast members but (and this isn't directed at Henry) they don't always make the best guests.

It's true... but the big guests are the draw and it's through them, that you find the real gems like Christine and Jessalyn (no offence to the other fantastic Eclipse guests)

• Showmasters Admin

we are now looking for a replacement for Henry Ian Cusick

we all here know if this event was canceled then we would never get another chance to run a lost event in the UK, it has to start some were, we have SKY TV coming to this event to see how they can help with Lockdown 2 so it is important that we run this event

like Eclipse the event is more than just about guests and we do have some things planed that will be a lot of fun

i hope you all see that it is important to run this event with or with out a big named guest

jason

Now this really sucks.. Of course it's not the fault of SM but that doesn't change anything... I mean we'll have 4 cool guests, but I expected at least 1 maincast guest. I come along all the way from Switzerland and Henry was the main reason for me to come. Well...

And I thought about the same thing with the gold pass like jael001. It's a shame.. But of course it's not really the fault of SM, like I already mentioned.

Edited by m3tgecko

Yes, it was unfortunately predictible .....

I feel sorry mainly for the gold pass ticket holders indeed as at the moment, it's not worth the price. Hopefully for them, Showmasters will find two additional guests quickly. What about those guests who came to LFCC before and played now dead characters ? None of them are available ?

Edited by lams9999

Is there any chance you will do discounts on gold passes? Like reducing the price to £100 or so?! This is a serious request, not just a rant!

My brother and I both bought a gold pass expecting this to be a huge event(which we now know you were working hard on) but we're travelling from Scotland, staying for 3 nights in a hotel, and paying £200 each for a gold pass to now see 2 guests we're quite interested in, and 2 guests that don't really interest us much.

I know you will work to have more things happening during the weekend, and I'm hoping to enjoy the event as it is, but honestly, you've said yourselves that its's nowhere near the kind of lineup that you hoped, and although these are risky ventures for fans deciding whether to go or not just for guests as they may cancel, I find it hard to believe that anyone would buy a gold pass based on the way that this event has gone.

So at least please give us die hards who bought gold passes straight away something back.

Is there any chance you will do discounts on gold passes? Like reducing the price to £100 or so?! This is a serious request, not just a rant!

My brother and I both bought a gold pass expecting this to be a huge event(which we now know you were working hard on) but we're travelling from Scotland, staying for 3 nights in a hotel, and paying £200 each for a gold pass to now see 2 guests we're quite interested in, and 2 guests that don't really interest us much.

I know you will work to have more things happening during the weekend, and I'm hoping to enjoy the event as it is, but honestly, you've said yourselves that its's nowhere near the kind of lineup that you hoped, and although these are risky ventures for fans deciding whether to go or not just for guests as they may cancel, I find it hard to believe that anyone would buy a gold pass based on the way that this event has gone.

So at least please give us die hards who bought gold passes straight away something back.

please showmasters, have pity on us? we bought the passes in good faith and it's certainly good value if the guests are good, but as you've said yourselves, they're not as good as they could be and the passes are now not worth the extra expense.

This is just awful.

I am not going to Lockdown, but I did go to Eclipse. I really do feel for those going, and especially those who bought Gold passes.

I hope that Showmasters can pull something incredibly out of their hat!

WHAT A SURPRISE !!! :D:WAVE:

we all here know if this event was canceled then we would never get another chance to run a lost event in the UK

When i read this sentence, it seems that we "have to go" so that you could organise another con next year.

So if there is a great LOST con Lockdown 2 next year, it would be because some attendees (i suppose a lot of people won't come now...) will have accepted to go.

Perhaps, you could award the attendees who will come to Lockdown and wanted to go to lockdown 2 with a reduced prize for the next LOST con. :angry:

It would be a great decision taken by Showmasters

If the con organisers have some ethic, they would accept to refund attendees (if they want a refund) when the cancellation is so important...

Edited by sebastianillyria

Well, I won´t say I wasn´t expecting this to happen so I am not surprised.

Henry´s possible cancelation is the main reason why I hadn´t booked yet, because I went to Eclipse and spent a lot of money so going to Lockdown had to be based on good guests such as Henry.

I´m sorry as I really wanted to go but at least I won´t be totally broke now.

Showmasters, I´m sure you have already thought about it and I´m not going anyway but I do know a few friends that will go if you announced some guests such as Maggie Gracie, Michelle Rodriguez, Marsha, Ian, "Mr. Eko" (sorry I forgot his real name) maybe you could try with the actors and actresses that were in the show but aren´t anymore.

Also "Libby", "Niki and Paolo"...(well, maybe not those last ones as a lot of people hated the characters, lol, but you know what I mean, actors that don´t have to be filming LOST)

Hmmmmm..........

After the phenomenal success, customer service, interaction, professionalism, fun, awesomeness and experience of Eclipse last weekend (which as an event veteran I can say was the best convention I've been to in many a long year), erm, basically next weekend's Lockdown is looking a stark contrast in all honesty and could completely undo all that effort and hard work we know the organisers have been putting into both events so far.

Mind you, I'll wait and see what actually happens in a weeks' time of course but as I say, based on the amazingly well-run event last week, I'd really love to see some kind of treats pulled out of the hat not just for us GOLD ticketers, but all attendees. I agree that sh!t happens, but I honestly believe that if we were recognised by Showmasters as being fundamental in supporting LOST and helping to push future successful shows like Lockdown2, etc, that would help us dull the pain. And the massive expense of GOLD tickets, travel, days off work and so on. I'm not really talking about monetary refunds as I can see that is unrealistic and also not part of the arrangement, but other things such as offering us better rates on the next event as a thank you for supporting, some nice goodies, preferential seating in future, extra items next time etc, etc, would certainly help in my humble opinion.

:(:(

Either way, me and the other half have got GOLD tickets for this event, sorted out time off work and booked hotels and so are still going of course, but damn... it's going to take A LOT to get this anywhere near the dizzy heights of the wonderful success of the inaugural Massive Events convention last week.

A heck of a lot.

:(

Steve

Well, I won´t say I wasn´t expecting this to happen so I am not surprised.

Henry´s possible cancelation is the main reason why I hadn´t booked yet, because I went to Eclipse and spent a lot of money so going to Lockdown had to be based on good guests such as Henry.

I´m sorry as I really wanted to go but at least I won´t be totally broke now.

Showmasters, I´m sure you have already thought about it and I´m not going anyway but I do know a few friends that will go if you announced some guests such as Maggie Gracie, Michelle Rodriguez, Marsha, Ian, "Mr. Eko" (sorry I forgot his real name) maybe you could try with the actors and actresses that were in the show but aren´t anymore.

Also "Libby", "Niki and Paolo"...(well, maybe not those last ones as a lot of people hated the characters, lol, but you know what I mean, actors that don´t have to be filming LOST)

I would love to meet Kiele and Rodrigo (Nikki and Paulo). There characters weren't the best sure, but they both seem like such nice people and were main cast... plus Kiele is hot! I'm sure David B would't want to meet Kiele though...

• Moderators

If the con organisers have some ethic, they would accept to refund attendees (if they want a refund) when the cancellation is so important...

That would open things up far too much. There are plenty of reasons why they're sensible enough to clearly state the 'no refund' thing.

I'm sure David B would't want to meet Kiele though...

Who? :(

Edited by DavidB

• Showmasters Admin

We will come up with something for the people who have supported this event, and who make it possible to get another chance to run another LOST event.

We will be losing a good amount of money running Lockdown this time but we are committed to this convention. And it is thanks to all your support which is helping keep a UK Lost Convention alive.

We cannot give refunds every time someone drops out of an event. If we or any organisation did, events would never happen and would keep being cancelled (much to the detriment of everyone who had already booked travel and accommodation).

We had people wanting refunds for Eclipse when guests were changed or cancelled, but everyone who went had a great time regardless of which guests eventually attended. It's just not feasible to alter or refund tickets without totally cancelling the convention (other than for guest specific programme items such as photo sessions with an individual guest), which in the end helps no-one. This is just the way it has to be.

When you buy a ticket for a convention you are committing to support the event as a whole. We have been unlucky this time with regards to guests but the convention itself will still be a total experience with plenty to do and lots of fun programme items. And because it is going ahead we will get the chance to run it again next year with a bigger guest line-up. So remember, your support keeps it alive and we will remember those of you who came to this convention and made it happen. We are good people here and never forget the fans who support us.

I hope you can see were we're coming from.