Latest Guest Announcement : Karen Allen?

MikeDonovan

If this is indeed the case, I'm over the moon about it : -

s640x480.jpg

Any reason why no announcement on the forums yet? I met her last time at CM, but am certainly up for meeting her again - absolutely lovely woman. Only downside is I suspect she'll be a bit busier this time than she was....

she's great in scrooged love that film still very funny

but looking at the leaflet i wonder why Gregory Nicotero isn't listed on it as he was anncounced at the same time as tom savini.

I Imagine because he won't be as 'instantly recognisable' as the other guests i.e. he is a behind the scenes guy!

what does the leaflet mean? just a mistake?

My suspicion is that it went like this : -

(KA's Agent)Hello?

(SM) Hi - can Karen come to our event?

(KA's Agent)Sounds do-able - will confirm with her

(SM)OK brilliant - we'll stick her on the leaflet for now - is that alright?

(KA's Agent)Sure, no worries

(SM)OK thanks

(KA's Agent)Cheers

So no conspiracy - just that she hasn't confirmed yet. I would have thought she'd have confirmed by now though - so am assuming for now she's not coming.

• Moderators

Sometimes people get put on the flyer and then cancel, so they never get announced on here. It's possible.

Or they just forgot to announce her. That's happened before too.

Could SM confirm about Karen Allen and Tim Russ please just so we can all stop wondering. If they have cancelled or if it is still being worked on, fair enough, just be nice to know now! I know they dont usually confirm until the guest has confirmed to them but as they were both on the flyer, it would be cool to know!

SM have always said that they would never announce a guest unless things are 100%.

Putting her name and picture on a flyer for the show is pretty much announcing a guest. Yet the lack of mention on here or the LFACC website says otherwise.

So either SM are telling the truth and she is coming or they are lying about never confirming a guest unless they are 100% sure. What I find disturbing is the lack of information from SM. They let everyone build the hype up to get more people through the door which was the same as the infamous Samuel L Jackson incident from the first LFACC.

I think that Samuel L. Jackson thing was just wishful-thinking/rumour on the part of the fans cos he was in the country atthe time or something(?) and someone guessed he'd be a good addition - I'm pretty sure SM didn't even mention him.

Having a guest confirmed and then cancelling is possible though. So that's not 'lying'.

Yes and no. The guest has been announced via the flyer, so this is considered as confirmed. There has been nothing stated from SM to say the guest has cancelled. Its kind of like going to an airport, checking in, seeing your flight on all the screens then going to the gate to find there is no plane!

With the Sam Jackson thing, it was a mixtures of rumours and SM building up the Revenge of the Sith. The point I was trying to make was that a lot of people believed this rumours and SM allowed them to grow and did nothing to stop them. On reflection, its a great marketing ploy where you have complete deniability as you never confirmed the rumour. Plus I did actually hear somewhere they were trying to get him right up to the last minute.

So, is Karen Allen coming or do I have to go to the San Diego Comic Con where she is appearing a few days after LFACC

Nice.

My first signature on my Raiders of the Lost Ark and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull posters.

Just had a look on the main site and shes been included on there!

Edited by Manbeast

Having a guest confirmed and then cancelling is possible though. So that's not 'lying'.

With the Sam Jackson thing, it was a mixtures of rumours and SM building up the Revenge of the Sith. The point I was trying to make was that a lot of people believed this rumours and SM allowed them to grow and did nothing to stop them. On reflection, its a great marketing ploy where you have complete deniability as you never confirmed the rumour. Plus I did actually hear somewhere they were trying to get him right up to the last minute.

Thats probably why they didn't want to say that he wasn't appearing at the show. If they were making a real effort at trying to get him to appear, perhaps they were concerned that a full on denial from them might send out a mixed message about how serious they were? Potentially they might not have wanted to go public with their efforts on the grounds it might have jepordised things.

That's all guesswork on my part of course but I would have thought it was possible

Jackson was never officially announced and it was never officially made public that SM were trying to get him so they werent actually obliged to confirm or deny anything.

Fans can believe what they want but fans should also be wise enough to see if the rumors are true by checking the site or an SM official, not a dealer who heard it on the grapvine/rumor mill (if that's the case) - why do people constantly beleive what they say? Maybe they say things like that to get people to go to the con which means more customers for their stall?

Edited by nicky