Guest Cancellation - Brian Blessed

• Showmasters Admin

We regret to announce that due to a change in his work schedule, Brian Blessed will no longer be able to attend Collectormania Manchester. We hope to reschedule his appearance for another show, and are working on booking a replacement guest for this show.

We regret to announce that due to a change in his work schedule, Brian Blessed will no longer be able to attend Collectormania Manchester. We hope to reschedule his appearance for another show, and are working on booking a replacement guest for this show.

ARGGGGGGHHH!!!! If I wasn't working, I wouldn't even want to come now :blink:

Edited by Wookie

I'm sorry but this really is ridiculous. I was disappointed in seeing one person cancel, but it's shot up to 6 now? I really am disappointed, and I feel very sorry for those people who've bought gold passes tbh. :/

And how exactly are Showmasters supposed to stop guests from cancelling, exactly? Lock them in a room while they sign the contract and keep them there until the day of the show? Yes, it is disappointing when guests cancel, but it's hardly Showmasters' fault.

I agree that its not Showmasters fualt but you can understand peoples frustrations when they see so many people cancel.

Personally i was never going to Manchester so its not an issue, im just bloody glad this didnt happen in Coventry.

I hope for those of you attending that Showmasters can pull something out of the bag in the next day or so.

• Showmasters Admin

I'm sorry but this really is ridiculous. I was disappointed in seeing one person cancel, but it's shot up to 6 now? I really am disappointed, and I feel very sorry for those people who've bought gold passes tbh. :/

And how exactly are Showmasters supposed to stop guests from cancelling, exactly? Lock them in a room while they sign the contract and keep them there until the day of the show? Yes, it is disappointing when guests cancel, but it's hardly Showmasters' fault.

No one's saying it is SMs fault.

It is disappointing for the attendees when we get cancellations and even more so for Showmasters. It's hardly great for them when it happens.

Please just let people vent.

These people all seem more concerned about the quantity of cancellations than Brian (or any particularguest) specifically. If a guest doesn't matter to you .... shut up ! ;)

Cancellations are an occupational hazard for SM and for us. The writers' strike keeping guests from us is one thing, but when it starts effecting home grown guests ......

• Moderators

but won't the guests cancel also in milton keynes due to the writers strike

No, not necessarily. That's a few months away, while they're just getting back to work right now.

but won't the guests cancel also in milton keynes due to the writers strike

No, not necessarily. That's a few months away, while they're just getting back to work right now.

By May I think most of this fuss will have died down so some of the guests who have cancelled may well be available. Lets hope

• Moderators

By May I think most of this fuss will have died down so some of the guests who have cancelled may well be available. Lets hope

It all depends what the knock-on effect is on the schedule etc. Obviously TV schedules have been pretty messed up, so they're likely to be filming later than originally planned. And movies? God knows.