Guest Cancellation - Brian Blessed

and are working on booking a replacement guest for this show.

I'm wondering if this is just a stock quote when a guest cancels? As there have been sooo many, but they can't get a replacement for each in less than 2 days, surely?

I missed Brian before for my Flash Album... catch him next time then

Glad i decided not to come long ago because I always get gold passes and would be very pissed off now. If people are paying for tickets on the strength of the guestlist I think we need to start getting the guests to sign contracts that mean they turn up. Having the option to drop out because of other work is ridiculous.

Glad i decided not to come long ago because I always get gold passes and would be very pissed off now. If people are paying for tickets on the strength of the guestlist I think we need to start getting the guests to sign contracts that mean they turn up. Having the option to drop out because of other work is ridiculous.

You can't blame actors for having things turn up which means that they have to cancel, it's their lives, if something comes up that pays well or could result in them getting a part in something I'm sure they'd rather try and do it.

It's not like they have to do these things, they do them out of choice, if something important comes up they have the right to choose which to do.

Sorry I feel like I'm having a go, just I feel that in the end if they have to cancel then I'll get over it eventually.

Hopefully we'll get some cool replacements in one and a half days :P.

You can't blame actors for having things turn up which means that they have to cancel, it's their lives, if something comes up that pays well or could result in them getting a part in something I'm sure they'd rather try and do it.

It's not like they have to do these things, they do them out of choice, if something important comes up they have the right to choose which to do.

Whilst Showmasters can't stop guests from cancelling i feel that they should at least have a clause in the contracts stating that guests can't cancel so close to the event. Surely, the guests must know sooner than this if they are not going to be available. All the recent cancellations hardly leave Showmasters with any time to replace them.

• Moderators

Whilst Showmasters can't stop guests from cancelling i feel that they should at least have a clause in the contracts stating that guests can't cancel so close to the event. Surely, the guests must know sooner than this if they are not going to be available. All the recent cancellations hardly leave Showmasters with any time to replace them.

That's simply not the case.

Do you really think guests would even sign up if an event tied them up like that and restricted them from doing what their PROFESSION is? Not likely. And things can change at any time.

It's realistically the only way of doing things, and when it's clearly stated that work committments come first, no-one really has any grounds for complaint. Disappointment sure, but we're all made aware of how things go.

Darn it I wanted someone else to sign my kingdom hearts :lol:

Oh well I'm still happy bruce didn't cancel last week so I don't mind too much :)

I adore Kingdom Hearts, was just wondering who else has signed yours? :)

it's the only reason i would ever want to meet Haley Joel Osment lol

but won't the guests cancel also in milton keynes due to the writers strike

No, not necessarily. That's a few months away, while they're just getting back to work right now.

Also, Collectormania 13 will attract a lot more fan base and randoms (as it is in the middle of a shopping mall), so the guests will make more profit out of it.

I'm really disappointed by the number and quality of guests who've dropped out, but what can you do? I'm going to make the best of it and enjoy my weekend regardless! If I'm meant to meet them, they'll be at some other event and if I'm not... well I'm not! End of.