Any smokers here?

Phoenix Will Rise

Do you smoke?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Yes
    • No

I would like to give up, it is a disgusting habit and I hate wasting my money on it.

I tried to work it out...20 a day at £5

5 x 30 =£150

£150 = at least 4 ace signatures, 2 photoshoots, lunch and some spends at a con...

150 x 12 = 1800

OH MY GOD. In a year?!?!?!

Where's that NHS number....

I would like to give up, it is a disgusting habit and I hate wasting my money on it.

I tried to work it out...20 a day at £5

5 x 30 =£150

£150 = at least 4 ace signatures, 2 photoshoots, lunch and some spends at a con...

150 x 12 = 1800

OH MY GOD. In a year?!?!?!

Where's that NHS number....

I know... tho a pack of 20 is closer to £6 now (well, for Silk Cut anyway)... A 20 pack usually lasts me 2 days... tho not at weekends or if I am out drinking etc, then I usually end up smoking more!

I have never tried a cigerette, nor do I ever wish too, especially with how much it costs..

If it was £6 a day and 30 days in a month, well I can't see why anyone can justify spending around £180 a month on smoking?

My gran gave up smoking like 15-20years ago, she went into hospital for two weeks, and they told her she could not smoke while in the hospital, so instead of going outside, she judt gave up altogether..

I know how hard it must be for some to give up, I was adicted to something (won't say what no not drugs) and it was hard, but it was like keep my fiance or the highway, and he is so important to me that I gave it up, glad I did too...

:whistling:

LLAP :lol:

Never started, never tried, never want to! Same with flippin drugs or anything- I have enough drama and highs in my life to not need anything extra! I don't even drink anything with caffeine- don't like it :blink:

The only thing I spend loads on regularly atm is petrol :( If I could give that up I would!!! But yea, think how many autos you could get for a cig that is gone with a few puffs and is bad for you.... I know which I prefer!!

Edited by Lizzy

have never touched a cigarette and am so glad i haven't it's such an expensive habit and it';s just nasty i hate when your walking behind someone and don't realise there smoking till you get ash in your mouth

And wow 1,800 a year i mean that's just huge that's problem what i spend on hols and conveentions a year

have never touched a cigarette and am so glad i haven't it's such an expensive habit and it';s just nasty i hate when your walking behind someone and don't realise there smoking till you get ash in your mouth

I REALLY hate it now, at uni, since the ban (even though uni has always been no smoking) there seems to be 10-20 people outside every door inbetween lessons, so I have to hold me breath for ages! You have to push past aswell... Sort of takes away from the fact that the ban is meant to stop us getting that... and I'm not exaggerating!

i've been smoking since i was 14 but i never really smoked that much in comparrison to most of my friends.

it was more social, so at the pub on a friday night or clubbing i'd have an entire packet of 10 or 20 and share them also but over the past few years i've been on a stable 3 a day if i had any at all....

after being ill at x-mas i wanted to give up and in the 1st 2 months i had only had drags from people at special occasions or events, so in 2 month i really did have the equivalent of 1 cigarette, i haven't bought any at all but i have had about 10 from the current SM weekends just past....i still don't have any at home/work or out n about normally.

I smoke, never tried giving up yet.

I think I'm getting to the point where I will though - which will officially have me being pretty close to straightedge.

I packed in drinking, (I've had five pints in 6 months - they were all on the friday night at Coventry, I swear y'all are a bad influence on me), not done any of the other for years and years, smoking's all I got now!

Edited by ptenbob

good on you star_grrl_uk !!! :thumbup: it's been 11days since your last post in this topic, let us know how you are getting on!!! :smile:

tried a drag once or twice, the first time it was gross and disgusting :spew: and the second time I was on the floor (asthma and all) :blink: so NEVER AGAIN :no:!

have to say it really does PMO when walking along and some git in front of you just lets out an entire mouthful of faggyness all over you :angry: and also how there's a sign up at the staff entrance where I work that says people are not to smoke outside the door yet people do so walking in and out is battling through a bunch of people hundled around the door breathing faggyness all over the place - hello clean uniform and clean lungs!!!! URRRRG :angry::borg:

*sucks in a nice lungful of clean air* ahhhh. that's better B):D

surfy sah xx

Whoa, I hope everything's alright, Star_grrl. :D

As for me, I tried a cigarrete once, when I was 14. I found it disgusting so I didn't try it again. On top of that, it would have cost me so much to have that habit!

£1800 a year is precisely what I pay for conventions annually! And I'd prefer that to smoking. :D Plus I am a bit if a health buff now.

I admit i smoke like a chinmey and its getting silly now. Didn't used to smoke that much like 5 cigerettes a day but since starting to go out with my now ex boyfriend my habit went up to like 15-20 a day. Tried cutting down but the most ive got to so far is like 5 a day again but then something goes wrong in my life and i end up buying a 20 deck and demoilishing it in a matter of hours. Should quit at some point just dont know when yet.